Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2020 at 6:32 PM Last edited by atakogonet : 21st May 2020 at 1:18 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default Can Exchange items be converted to packages?
Hi!
I usually prefer to have all custom content in packages (apart from worlds, counters and patterns), but I just downloaded some lots in Sims3Pack from the EA User Exchange and I was wondering if they could be converted? I know that Store items need to be decrapified, not sure how it works with Exchange. Normally I run lots through CUSTARD and then convert with Delphy's Multi Installer, will this way work for these lots?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th May 2020 at 8:14 PM
I tried opening them with Custard and all have a lot of files that are labelled "corrupt". Not sure what that means

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#3 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 10:07 PM
Any chance those labelled files are image files? (.png or .jpg) Custard tend to label the images that come with Exchange downloads as "corrupt". It doesn't really mean the content is corrupt. If it will help you feel better, just "check" all the labelled files (they are probably image files anyway) and delete them in Custard. Then save the file without the images in them. It won't show up as corrupt anymore.

BTW, why can't we download counters as package files?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PasTaCopine
Any chance those labelled files are image files? (.png or .jpg) Custard tend to label the images that come with Exchange downloads as "corrupt". It doesn't really mean the content is corrupt. If it will help you feel better, just "check" all the labelled files (they are probably image files anyway) and delete them in Custard. Then save the file without the images in them. It won't show up as corrupt anymore.

Yes, they are image files. Thank you, I was worried about them! I ended up just converting the files to packages and they seem to work ok.
I don't remember why exactly but there is some problems with corner counters which were converted to packages.
Instructor
#5 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PasTaCopine

We can (extract them) and we do They do that texture glitchâ„¢ but you just need to recast them after you've placed them where you want and they're fine. And frankly half of the ones installed as s3packs do that as well so there's no point, imo. I've accidentally managed to make ones where the textures worked completely fine as packages as well but I have no idea how or why and of course couldn't replicate it again no matter how much I tried.