Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2020 at 11:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Snow In Island Paradise
Hello all
I am playing Island Paradise and I have unticked snow and winter but still getting winter
There is a fine dusting of snow on the ground and my sims are changing into winter clothing
I thought that unticking both snow and winter there would be no winter in my game

Dose anyone know why I am still getting winter Thank you
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd May 2020 at 11:46 PM
This might depend on how long ago you made the change. If it was already winter or far along in a really cold autumn or early in spring, then the change might not have taken hold yet. Also I don't think disallowing snow would make snow that might have already been on the ground disappear until it's warm enough to melt. Are you certain though that it's really snow and not frost or frozen ground?

Since the game options for weather and seasons are world and game/save specific unlike the others, you might want to check the options again in-game to make sure they were changed on the world and game save you are actually playing, they didn't get reset by a graphics card driver update, etc.

For more detailed fine tuning of the weather, such as adjusting max/min temps and weather patterns for the remaining allowed seasons so it never really gets that cold in the first place, NRaas Tempest would be required. I usually allow two seasons in my tropical worlds -- spring (short, warm, dry) and summer (long, hot, wet) then also use Tempest to move Snowflake Day (Spooky Day I personally don't care about) to summer so that the sims there don't miss out on it.