Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 2:03 PM
Default Dodgy inventory system
Whoever designed the inventory system for the Sims 3 needs good kick in the arse.

Actually a better idea.

Make them transfer 50 or 60 of a couple of different gardening products from a sims' inventory to the fridge.

I mean I'm not missing something here am I? I've tried Shift + click, ctrl + click, alt+click, but there doesn't seem to be a way of selecting a bunch of similar objects and bulk transferring them.

If EA fix this and the absolutely terrible pathing I'd be a lot happier.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 2:28 PM
Click the little arrow in the top left hand corner of the icons, and drag.
Instructor
#3 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 2:48 PM
Wow really? I had no idea you could do that. Thank you! My husband said the little arrow thing just helped stack like items, but yours makes much more sense.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 3:00 PM
Does that work for ALL items of that type or just items with the same quality? I usually keep the really good stuff and sell off the crappy stuff and it can be REAL annoying to sell off 80 items at once one by one just to keep my good quality stuffs.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#5 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 3:32 PM
There is all or one by one, nothing in between.
If you have 10 apples in yout inventory and want to put 5 of a special quality in the fridge (or even 5, no matter about the quality) you have to do it one by one.
Selling them at the grocery is even worse! You can sell all produce in your inventory or just the next apple ore whatever you want to sell. Yo way to choose specific ones. GRRR!!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 5:00 PM
I think that the ugliest part of Sims 3 UI is personal inventory system. It is very confusing, hard to browse and use. All items in single inventory. Very slow to move items around. EA should have impltemented multiple inventories for easier sorting and classification.
Some special container object similar to bookcase for book would have been great help. For example, container box or furniture for stroring multiple collectible items and Fridge that does *not* shares common stocking list for food item and fish, etc.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 5:24 PM
I agree, the inventory(family and personal) is very hard to navigate and extremely annoying. I wish you could do things like sort them by quality, and then select multiple items of different types (like 4 perfect apples and 3 perfect lobsters) to put in your fridge. I also wish that they had categories, so I don't have to look for a book in the middle of all of my groceries...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stasisesque
Click the little arrow in the top left hand corner of the icons, and drag.

Thanks for that! I'll give it a try after work.

Its encouraging that other people are having difficulty with it, as it may get some work if a patch comes along.