Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 5:16 AM
That is GORGEOUS!!!!!!
Advertisement
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#52 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
That is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Oh thank you :lovestruc
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#53 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 10:16 PM
@Crowkeeper has made me a lovely Temple ruin for the Palace lot in the middle. Now I can put in food stands, parks etc.

EIG

From CAW looking towards the beach and city area
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#54 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 8:05 AM
That lot looks great!
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#55 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
That lot looks great!

Yes, I'm working on the roads in the front, and they end up being warm yellow, with parks and colorful surroundings with foodstands etc. I hope it will be very nice.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#56 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 3:29 PM
This is not going very fast

I have been thinking about lots and will try to keep it just above 100. I have distributed the rabbitholes all over the place, but most in less built up areas hopefully. I have my caw in norwegian so it's called grenseboxer, in English something to do with border boxes. I don't remember. Anyways I will try to have the big game objects in different boxes. I suspect the city center will have more highrises and community lots, so I try to place RH lots somewhere else. The google spreadsheet can be seen here

Terrain painting isn't finished yet, and I have to go back over later to add emitters etc, etc, etc

Help with the list of RH lots and combinations to make it more squashed will be appreciated. I will rather use the lots for something useful. One of the lots has 5 or 6 RH in one lot on the Right side of the Baray, because I think it can be a lovely little hood.
Screenshots
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#57 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 10:49 PM
Waking up this thread again as I'm finished with the edges. I have started building on the village by the Baray and the end of the Palace Island.

Palace End 3 community lots. An Elixir shop, Java Hut and the Live Stage Venue in the middle. The stage will be a cfe monster with different levels and fountains/pools. The port lot will have to take some sort of boats, but I'm not sure how to fit it all. I can't put in a foundation with poles in the water because small boats can't moor there ... I think.

Baray Community, middle village center. The center has a cafe or diner thing, theater, grocer and spa/bookstore. It also has the gypsy wagon at the moment. I might do some changes to the community lot later. I might need the objects somewhere else. I was originally planning to use the gypsy wagon elsewhere. The corner with the gypsy wagon should be some half hazzard sand or gravel with a simple tivoli or festival objects.

I still have some canal edges and terrain paint left to fix up in the middle and where lots go. I have lots of lots to delete, because there are too many. The Parade street has lots all over the place. I will have some park lots in the middle of the Parade, but the sides should just be decorated with world objects.
Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 9:26 AM
Oh, this is progressing nicely! I love the planting and world decoration so far!
Mad Poster
#59 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 4:13 AM
Beautiful world!!!!
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#60 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 5:09 PM
This looks very nice!
Field Researcher
#61 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 8:19 PM
This is taking shape and it's looking nice

I have a small suggestion about trees. They look nice but I think there's too much variey and you can't really tell what climate the world has. You have trees that look like they belong to a temperate climate (especially the ones with yellow/orange/red leaves, which remind me of autumn), the palm trees from WA which you would find in a hot dry climate, the Mediterranean pine trees from Monte Vista, and other trees that you would find in a tropical wet climate. I know you're not trying to replicate Angkor Wat or any place in particular, and probably it's too early to tell what the final "style" of the world will be, but I think that it would be a good idea to pick a specific climate for the world if you want to make it look more realistic, and use trees that look like they would grow in this climate, unless they have been artificially planted, of course.

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#62 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nilxis
This is taking shape and it's looking nice

I have a small suggestion about trees. They look nice but I think there's too much variey and you can't really tell what climate the world has. You have trees that look like they belong to a temperate climate (especially the ones with yellow/orange/red leaves, which remind me of autumn), the palm trees from WA which you would find in a hot dry climate, the Mediterranean pine trees from Monte Vista, and other trees that you would find in a tropical wet climate. I know you're not trying to replicate Angkor Wat or any place in particular, and probably it's too early to tell what the final "style" of the world will be, but I think that it would be a good idea to pick a specific climate for the world if you want to make it look more realistic, and use trees that look like they would grow in this climate, unless they have been artificially planted, of course.

Thank you for the input. I know about this and I have an asian kind of place in mind. I'm just trying to make it interesting. Only green trees looks a bit boring to me. I'm aware of it and will try to stick to the style I have chosen. It's also a question if I really know what nature looks like down there. I've never been there.

Thank you Norn, Lee and Fascisthunter
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#63 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 3:56 AM
Ok, a bit more work. I continue decorating and preparing the edges of islands etc.

I have worked on planning even more. The lotlist I made earlier has some odd feature making it impossible to see the hole list, so I made a new list. This one also states if the lot is finished. These are only community lots. I have also given areas name from Khmer I hope, and connected it to the lots I have to place.

This is the Business and Grill Rabbithole.
Screenshots
Page 3 of 3