Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 2:17 PM
Default Custom career: retirement and outfits not working
I'm working on a custom career based on retail and these two bits are giving me the biggest headache right now:
  1. Retirement doesn't show up as an option anywhere i.e. on the phone or the rabbithole.
  2. The custom outfits don't seem to work, sims change into random outfits.

I've followed these tutorials so far:
Tutorial: Complete Guide to Career Modding for Beginners! by Creon
Creating Sims 3 Rabbithole Careers: The Beginner's Guide by MissyHissy
Adding Retirements to your Careers
Creating Uniforms for your Careers

But I'm not sure whether or not I'm doing it right And I've seen people reference using an Nraas Omnicareer in place of the Music one in the tutorial, but I can't find anything about it.

I can do without the custom outfits as people could set their own, but retirement is a pretty important mechanic and I'd like to have it working :/
For some reason, retiring sims via Nraas MasterController (as described by kithri in their own custom career) initially works and the panel shows the correct pension, but then the game resets it to the standard Retired option provided via City Hall, that makes sims receive no pension.

I don't really know what could be causing this, so any help is appreciated. I attached the latest working version of the career here.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  RetailCareer.zip (19.2 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#2 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 7:02 PM
Coming back with an update: while the Retire option continues to not appear on the phone or the rabbithole, it apparently is possible to retire sims via Master Controller \ Intermediate \ Career \ Retire. The panel will be blank for a few seconds but display the correct information after the game catches up, I guess. With this figured out, only the outfits are left! Will do more testing and report back as soon as possible
Screenshots

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Scholar
#3 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Coming back with an update: while the Retire option continues to not appear on the phone or the rabbithole, it apparently is possible to retire sims via Master Controller \ Intermediate \ Career \ Retire. The panel will be blank for a few seconds but display the correct information after the game catches up, I guess. With this figured out, only the outfits are left! Will do more testing and report back as soon as possible

t888 created a mod to allow sims from Young Adult-Elder to retire using theirs phones: Found Here. With that installed, it works for all careers, including custom.

The retirement option you've added works only for elders and should show on the Rabbithole once they reach Elder. Is that what hasn't happened?

As for the outfits, I can't see a problem with your code at all. Does the option to Change Into Work Clothes (Or something like that) show on a dresser at all? Also, check your Sim to ensure there hasn't been a second career outfit generated. You can check that by going into Stylist with Master Controller, or Plan Outfit on the dresser. A second outfit sometimes overrides the first (which would be the outfit you designed).

Hope that helps

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog