3 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#2901 Old 11th Oct 2023 at 5:59 PM
I just stumbled across this, from Meduza:

Make more drinks from the bar (and it does play with "Actual Alcohol" hack)'

https://jellymeduza.tumblr.com/post...rinks-from-bar/

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2902 Old 11th Oct 2023 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
A pad for dogs to pee on:

https://jacky93sims.tumblr.com/post...-for-the-sims-2

If only the ones in Real Life worked. I even sprayed them with something that is supposed to make the puppy pee on them. He just chews the pads up. And pees everywhere, even his own bed. He ran up to me, looked me in the eye...and peed.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#2903 Old 11th Oct 2023 at 6:49 PM
My cat loves tipping the litterbox.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#2904 Old 11th Oct 2023 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Don't worry, I clicked the other buttons so that colour balance is true and all is good in the Universe.

=====
Love your mind. I will assist in balancing the universe..

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2905 Old 11th Oct 2023 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
=====
Love your mind.

And here I thought it was my devastating looks you were after.
Mad Poster
#2906 Old 11th Oct 2023 at 9:38 PM
If only the ones in Real Life worked. I even sprayed them with something that is supposed to make the puppy pee on them. He just chews the pads up. And pees everywhere, even his own bed. He ran up to me, looked me in the eye...and peed.

Don't feel bad-when I was a younger person, I went tobogganing one day and was wearing a red parka.
Somehow the dog that was roaming loose thought that I was a fire hydrant and peed on me.

I was shocked and humiliated. Damn dog did it in front of everyone else there.

I learned to never wear red again as a coat.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#2907 Old 11th Oct 2023 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
And here I thought it was my devastating looks you were after.

===
caught; it is true, when someone says they love your mind, they really just want your body. Like that other secret code "she has a great sense of humor" {she's a dog}

Mad Poster
#2908 Old 11th Oct 2023 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Don't feel bad-when I was a younger person, I went tobogganing one day and was wearing a red parka.
Somehow the dog that was roaming loose thought that I was a fire hydrant and peed on me.

I was shocked and humiliated. Damn dog did it in front of everyone else there.

I learned to never wear red again as a coat.

Be glad he wasn't a bull. Yea, I know, bulls (and dogs) are color blind.

Scholar
#2909 Old 12th Oct 2023 at 11:58 PM

finding the true love is hard. Surviving it, even greater feat.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Lab Assistant
#2910 Old 14th Oct 2023 at 11:58 AM
Not really a find by me, but... these awesome people that are @simsample, @bulbizarre and @simmer22 have helped me not only clarifying the complex story of Sims 2 Christmas packs, but also finding the original, free downloads that Maxis once offered!!!

All the details on this thread: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=680180&

@simsample is so awesome indeed that has uploaded both Christmas packs to the Internet Archive: https://archive.org/details/sims-2-holiday-packs.-7z!!!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2911 Old 14th Oct 2023 at 4:00 PM
Lab Assistant
#2912 Old 14th Oct 2023 at 5:29 PM
Au contraire, thank you for all your trouble!!!
Mad Poster
#2913 Old 14th Oct 2023 at 6:16 PM
Thanks @ed95 for sharing that. I hadn't looked at your WCIF before, because I thought, "I don't know anything about Spanish holiday packs." (I thought that might be something that would let Sims go to Benidorm or Málaga in the summer! ) But now I've downloaded the Christmas Packs that @simsample shared, so this year my Sims might be able to celebrate Christmas properly! Many thanks to all concerned!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Lab Assistant
#2914 Old 14th Oct 2023 at 8:06 PM
Yeah, my thoughts exactly, @AndrewGloria!! Whenever Christmas comes (which I like more the older I get), I start having itches of playing some kind of ritual with my sims! I also love TS2 is the only one to have a New Year's Eve event teehe

Heh, that would be interesting. I live not very far from Benidorm, actually, and have thought form time to time on importing the Spanish flair to the game... it's a little bit difficult, since Spain is one of the most "un-simmable" countries in the world, in my opinion hehe. Though Nilxis made a Catalonian-inspired world for TS3 and that one is really spot on!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2915 Old 14th Oct 2023 at 8:29 PM
Glad you like the look of it, @AndrewGloria because there are a lot of clothes in there that your sims might enjoy. Great toddler outfits and kids clothes! I added some pictures I found on my hard drive of the content to the post here:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....590#post5917590
Mad Poster
#2916 Old 19th Oct 2023 at 2:31 PM
Curb All Auto Read-To, the autonomous 'read to' or 'ask to be read to' was driving me batty. There's other mods that do this, I prefer this one as it enables toddlers to ask someone to read to them.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#2917 Old 27th Oct 2023 at 6:59 PM
Ivy in the Middle with Grapes! Sims with red aspiration whisper their troubles to the grapevine, and a neighbor comes by to help out, having heard of their need "through the grapevine". Wholesome mechanic, excellent pun.
Mad Poster
#2918 Old 27th Oct 2023 at 10:56 PM
Version 1.7 of outfit organiser is out, now with functions to edit makeup. You can place makeup in the correct category, change the bin number to alter which layer on the Sims face it'll use, and change the layer to make layerable makeup.

And it can now detect and fix an error with BV binned jewelry that I posted about recently, where the jewelry will show up in CAS but won't be available to purchase in the jewelry shop. Whoward had already made it fix that issue when binning accessories as jewelry, but that left out jewelry that the creator already binned using some other tool. Now it will be fixed if you change the file in the outfit organiser in any way, and in case you don't intend to edit it, it also adds a !!! alert on the name and added a repair option just to alert you to the fact that the file has the issue and could use fixing.

If you have not tried outfit organiser yet, do yourself a favor and try it. It's so easy to use, so convenient because it's all straight forward tick boxes and number fields where you want a number field. Best of all, super easy to apply a change to lots of files, and every internal part of a file such as ages or genders. It can add filename as tooltip, and a bunch of other things (see the list on outfit organiser page of tooltip-related functions). And unlike wardrobe wrangler that only shows you the flat texture to identify the file, whereas outfit organiser can give you a 3D visual of the item if you load thumbnails in to cigen.package by clicking through catalog in Bodyshop. I attached an image with how the visual looks, figure it's hard to get if you haven't seen it yet :3
Screenshots

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Forum Resident
#2919 Old 28th Oct 2023 at 7:50 AM Last edited by Sims2Maven : 28th Oct 2023 at 8:36 AM.
There are still limitations that Wardrobe Wrangler does not have. You MUST run BodyShop first - and BodyShop is a notoriously cantankerous program that won't always start when you want it to and won't always do what you want.

I think there's another "undocumented feature", something like you have to view some files first but don't try to make anything. The cigen file exists but I'm not getting the visuals - will investigate further.

Update: Nope, still no visuals, even after running BodyShop and displaying various items of clothing. So what's the Super Big Secret this time?

Update2: Okay, got it. You have to page through every single blasted thing first, and anything you don't display, you won't see when you close BodyShop and try to run Outfit Organizer (yes you do have to close BodyShop first). This is a pretty severe limitation, since it takes a lot of time to go through the entire contents of the BodyShop catalog - especially if you're a compulsive Custom Clothing downloader, as I am. And you will eventually run into that nasty little problem of needing to Delete Cache in order to run the game, which means you will have to go through the same rigmarole all over again the next time you want to run Outfit Organizer.

On the whole, I don't think it's ready to completely replace Wardrobe Wrangler. Not yet, anyway.
Mad Poster
#2920 Old 28th Oct 2023 at 12:04 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 28th Oct 2023 at 6:40 PM.
^ You only need to run Bodyshop if you want the preview pictures. Since it uses the Cigen file for previews, this would explain the limitations of needing to run Bodyshop all the way through, since it only generates thumbnails for viewed items.

The program seems to work fine without the Cigen file, so if you can manage without visuals, the program is fine without.

I think of it more as a bulk editor, and it having some functions the WW doesn't have. I've worked without visuals for years (SimPE and WW only havig textures), so it's not too big a deal.
Forum Resident
#2921 Old 28th Oct 2023 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
if you can manage without visuals

is a pretty big "If" when you have a lot of custom content and a lot of it is not tooltipped (or not properly tooltipped, which is almost as bad).
Mad Poster
#2922 Old 28th Oct 2023 at 5:18 PM
But SimPE and WW do have visuals. WW shows you a preview pic and SimPE has the texture tab.
Mad Poster
#2923 Old 28th Oct 2023 at 5:38 PM
Whole-sim visuals, that is.
(Been managing with textures, filenames and tooltips for ages)
Forum Resident
#2924 Old 28th Oct 2023 at 6:25 PM
There's a really, really nasty catch to relying on Bodyshop for images. Bodyshop won't always pull the right files. You can get some pretty ghastly misinformation when (not if) Bodyshop screws up the thumbnails - things like telling you you have multiple duplicates of the same file when you don't, or that you have NO texture file when you DO, or other weirdnesses.

Wardrobe Wrangler has a few weirdnesses of its own, but it never makes those kinds of mistakes.

Unless I need to do something that OutfitOrganizer will do and Wardrobe Wrangler won't, AND it doesn't rely on BodyShop, I'm going to stick with Wardrobe Wrangler.
Mad Poster
#2925 Old 28th Oct 2023 at 6:43 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 28th Oct 2023 at 6:56 PM.
I usually don't trust thumbnails if they're acting a bit iffy (more often than not, if you get faulty thumbnails there's something wrong with the files, and in that case I'd look them over in SimPE). Could be Bodyshop isn't reading the files properly because of load order or file pathing issues (repo'd files, defaulted files, etc.) or missing meshes.

The program also has the filename and the tooltip if you're unsure, and if the file still is giving you trouble, you can always look it up in SimPE or WW.

If you frequently use Bodyshop and keep your downloads somewhat the same, you don't need to delete the Cigen file unless it causes issues (and it is possible to delete individual thumbnails from it with SimPE, although it's tedious to find them).

If you just want to check a small portion of your CAS items, you can load up only those files so Bodyshop can generate the Cigen file. Also useful when making Bodyshop projects - I really don't need Bodyshop spending an hour loading, so I put in the items I want to use and make sure to keep my last made files so Bodyshop keeps track of the Sortindex numbers (It's a bunch of Hex numbers... I usually can't bother fixing those).
Page 117 of 120