Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#33701 Old 3rd May 2024 at 10:31 PM
I mentioned one: Total Commander. It's like a Swiss army knife with multiple functions (and frozen in time).
Advertisement
Alchemist
#33702 Old Yesterday at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iforgot
Hmm, I found this:
https://modthesims.info/showpost.ph...80&postcount=47

But that seems to be more about resizing lots rather than edge flattening / moving. But then, that post was in 2008, a lot could have changed in the game since then.

Sounds like you should back up your game, and give it a try!

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Field Researcher
#33703 Old Yesterday at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
Sounds like you should back up your game, and give it a try!

I actually did that tonight. :D

The lot adjuster is an awesome tool, not gonna lie. I basically did as I said above, but simply "picked up and plopped back" in the same place for most lots, with the exception of one or two where I had to move them to allow re-placement or manual levelling with the terrain tool.

I swear to god, I love how much control this game gives you over the world (within its own engine limitations ofc).

Either way, it all looks flatter now, a before and after is below! I'm happy with how it came out! (After is the one where the park doesn't have the green! Yes, I finally got that fixed too now!)
Screenshots

Shabado... sha..ba..doo..badooo
Mad Poster
#33704 Old Yesterday at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
I mentioned one: Total Commander. It's like a Swiss army knife with multiple functions (and frozen in time).

But you didn't provide a link to it.
Field Researcher
#33705 Old Yesterday at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

Ah, no links. Well, as a nerd and linux user, I'm going to put a shout out to rmlint[1] and midnight commander[2] for linux users.

(Yes, this info is basically useless to everyone here, as you're all windows users. )

[1] https://rmlint.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html
[2] https://midnight-commander.org/

Shabado... sha..ba..doo..badooo
Forum Resident
#33706 Old Yesterday at 6:08 PM
Some of us might go Linux eventually (I've been considering it for years), so the info would come in handy then.
Lab Assistant
#33707 Old Yesterday at 9:29 PM
If I dormify all the members residing in a Greek House (for example, Sarah Love and her cohort), will that cause bugginess in the game? Or will the Greek House just be considered disbanded/dissolved and essentially disappear?
Scholar
#33708 Old Yesterday at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miriamnz
If I dormify all the members residing in a Greek House (for example, Sarah Love and her cohort), will that cause bugginess in the game? Or will the Greek House just be considered disbanded/dissolved and essentially disappear?

I guess you could try it first in a test neighborhood. But I'm just curious why you'd want to dormify the entire house? If you don't want to play them, why not just ignore them?
Lab Assistant
#33709 Old Yesterday at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
I guess you could try it first in a test neighborhood. But I'm just curious why you'd want to dormify the entire house? If you don't want to play them, why not just ignore them?

Thanks sturlington! I haven't created any dormies yet, so it's simply a way of having more genetically unique looking dormies (rather than game generated ones), who will have more involvement with the families that I do play - instead of being sidelined. Who knows, they might end up as playables again if they develop relationships with members of my active families? It also means I can redesign and develop the lots previously inhabited by the Maxis playables. Initially at least, I'd rather use existing lots on campus, preserving the look of the school.
Lab Assistant
#33710 Old Yesterday at 10:52 PM
Can someone explain to me in simple terms how to copy my families safely into a new neighbourhood? I don't mind losing the data of them, that is, only copying their looks and recreating the family links, but I still don't know how to do this.
Scholar
#33711 Old Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Thanks sturlington! I haven't created any dormies yet, so it's simply a way of having more genetically unique looking dormies (rather than game generated ones), who will have more involvement with the families that I do play - instead of being sidelined. Who knows, they might end up as playables again if they develop relationships with members of my active families? It also means I can redesign and develop the lots previously inhabited by the Maxis playables. Initially at least, I'd rather use existing lots on campus, preserving the look of the school.

Ahh, I see. Well, I have moved them all out of the Greek house and into a dorm before as a group, and that didn't cause any problems. The Greek house was just disbanded. If you're nervous, you could do that and then turn them into dormies from the dorm instead. I think that does sell all the furnishings in the Greek house, though, although I can't quite remember, but you could use the stay things shrub if you wanted to keep them.
Mad Poster
#33712 Old Today at 12:20 AM
Residences on campus aren't emptied on move-out. You move someone in seven semesters later and the grad party debris is still there.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#33713 Old Today at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Residences on campus aren't emptied on move-out. You move someone in seven semesters later and the grad party debris is still there.

Yes, Peni, you're right. I just tested it--not on a sorority but on Delilah O'Feefe, because ALT is the uni in my current hood, using Move Students from neighborhood view, and all of her furnishings remained in her rental house.
Mad Poster
#33714 Old Today at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin

Living in a university town IRL... this seems like one of the more realistic aspects of UNI in TS2

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Inventor
#33715 Old Today at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

Links these days are often not safe to write. The post may end up in a spam box. The modern user might feel safer if he gets the link vetted by Alphabet Corp., and also get a feeling that he's made a personal choice to get this product over similar ones.
Lab Assistant
#33716 Old Today at 1:52 AM
I guess the better safe than sorry option then, is to move the Greek House members out properly and then dormify them once they're in the family bin. It's really helpful to know that their dirty plates will be left behind, so that any Neatness 9 + sims who move in can have fun scrubbing times to look forward to - thanks Peni!
Forum Resident
#33717 Old Today at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Misaki Chan
Can someone explain to me in simple terms how to copy my families safely into a new neighbourhood? I don't mind losing the data of them, that is, only copying their looks and recreating the family links, but I still don't know how to do this.

How about this?
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_g...of_in-game_Sims

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#33718 Old Today at 10:42 AM Last edited by Charity : Today at 10:55 AM.

Can dormies be inducted into a Greek House?

Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
Links these days are often not safe to write. The post may end up in a spam box. The modern user might feel safer if he gets the link vetted by Alphabet Corp., and also get a feeling that he's made a personal choice to get this product over similar ones.

I don't understand this at all. People often post links here to content. What is Alphabet Corp?
Page 1349 of 1349