Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2024 at 1:17 PM
Default my take on the sims hunger games challenge! (with different modes!)
I know there is already a few hunger games challenges out there for the sims but none of them really captured that hunger games vibes for me you know? so I'm making my own! welcome to my take on the hunger games

YOU WILL NEED TO INSTALL THE EXTREME VIOLENCE MOD BY SACRIFICIAL

also I recommend you to find a way to crank up the percentage of pregnancies happening becuz oooh boy you will need a lot of teens (or YA)

but first

let's talk about the hunger games shall we?

if you have seasons then use the holiday feature to plan out when the reaping will take place and when the actual hunger games takes place (I recommend making them a few days apart)

every time reaping day comes you can decide to reap teens or YA (NO REAPING ADULTS OR ELDERS UNLESS IT'S FOR A QUELL TWIST)

when reaping day comes go to manage world and reap the tributes (one tribute per world)

I do reaping by going around a world and seeing if a household have any teens or not if not I move on to the next household. the first teen I come across is reaped

once you have 8 tributes (or more if you have mods and a good PC to run it) move them to either a separate lot from the arena OR at the arena but like under ground or something

I at first went with the first option (separate lots) but when 2 of the tributes accidentally got killed before I even moved them to the arena I decided to go with the 2nd option

I had the tributes live beneath the arena and disguised the entrance as a shipping container

once they have entered the living area make them have full autonomy

also make sure there is a gym in the living area

this is because in the extreme violence mod self defense is more likely when you have a higher fitness skill

if you have the get together expansion pack I recommend making a club with all the tributes and then make it so that work out is an encouraged activity

once hunger games day comes, take the tributes into the arena and in extreme violence turn on autonimous killing for household

then turn on autonomy to full and enjoy the chaos

the victor is moved to victors village (newcrest)

also every 5 hunger games (or 10, or 15, or 20, or however many years you want it to be) there will be a quinquennial quell (a special version of the hunger games)

every quinquennial quell there will be a special twist

here are some ideas:

- reap only adults

- reap from the victors

- reap half as many tributes (if you usually do 8 then reap 4, if you do 24 then you reap 12, etc)

ANYWAYS let's finally get to the 2 modes

this challenge has 2 modes

1. Capitol mode
in this mode you're basically just a capitol citizen!

make a sim (I recommend making the sim a vampire, we'll get to why later) and make them look like they belong in the capitol (pink hair, make up, colorful outfits that seems to be made out of a rainbow, you name it)

This sim will be the sim you control between the hunger games

if you have a short patience (like me) make the sim a vampire so they can hibernate the days away until it's reaping day!

2. District mode
in this mode you control a citizen from one of the district

(a random number generator will come in handy)

every time reaping day comes generate a number for every child in your household

1-3 the child gets reaped and is sent to the hunger games
4-6 the child is safe

of course you CAN take a Tessera

a Tessera will provide you 3000 simoleons each for each season (so let's say you take it in spring, then you will get 3000 right away, 3000 when summer comes, another 3000 when fall comes, and another when winter comes. you will not receive another when spring comes back around)

if you deem 3000 simoleons too little or too much you can of course change the amount

but for every tessera you take one of you child will have a bigger chance of getting reaped

so when you have one child you can take a tessera and that child will roll 1-3 with 1 and 2 being them getting reaped and 3 being them not getting reaped

if you have 2 children or more then you can take just one tessera and only one of your children will have the increased chance while the rest are still 50-50 or you can take a tessera for every one of your children

so yes. you CAN become a baby making monster just to get those sweet sweet Tessera money

if none of your childrens get reaped then (personally) I just pick a random teen and say that they won

and that's the challenge. hopefully you can enjoy this challenge and if you have any questions please do ask

alright have fun