Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 2:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
No "Try for baby" option?
So my sim drank an age freeze potion right before she aged up on her birthday, and now she can't try for baby. Sims can't try for baby when they're about to age up, but her age is frozen now? Idk how to fix it and it's driving me crazy! Thanks for the help.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 5:21 AM
What you could try is shrink the age of your sim a bit so that she will not be on the brink of aging up, and you'll be able to "Try for a baby" once again?

There must be more than one way to do that, but here are my suggestions...

Without mods or cheats:
Find Life Fruits and eat them. Each fruit will grant an extra day to your Sim's current life-stage.
You can also try to make Ambrosia (you'll need to buy recipe at the Bookstore, Deathfish and Life fruits). This should reset the age of your sim to the beginning of their current life-stage.
Or you could buy the Young Again lifetime reward (70,000). It will revert your sim back to the beginning of the Young Adult life-stage.

With cheats:
You can find the Life Fruits haverstable in the Debug menu (question mark), if you're having a hard time finding them.

Call the console command with CTRL+SHIFT+C
testingcheatsenabled true
buydebug

With mods:
You can change your sim's age with Nraas MasterController (+ Cheats module).
Click on your sim > Nraas > Mastercontroller > Intermediate > Age Relative (set the value of the number of days your sim has been in her current life-stage).
Field Researcher
#3 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 3:16 PM
If you have Supernatural, there's also a level 9 alchemy potion called Fountain of Youth (which takes the green swallowtail butterfly, tanzanite, and any mushroom) that you can learn from a recipe book. You can buy it in the alchemy shop for fairly cheap (just a couple of thousand)- although it's luck that determines what potions are in the shop. It does the same as the Young Again reward.
Site Helper
#4 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 4:21 PM
I've also found alchemy recipes in the bookstore.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 9:51 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with aging up. I noticed that my young adult didn't have the "try for baby" option after drinking the age freeze potion. A search for answers brought me here. Since I couldn't find a solution, I came up with my own--I had a vampire bite her. As soon as she fully turned, the option was there. (Thanks to NRaas mods, she takes advantage of it autonomously, and has had many children without my prompting.) Unlike the other vampires, it says she will never age up, so turning her didn't affect the potion.