Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2019 at 4:15 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night
Default Sledgehammer Glitch
I am new to cc, and in the last few days I downloaded and installed quite a few things.
Now when I am in build or buy mode and use the sledgehammer tool, there appears this lightflash like ball, that doesn't disappear until I restart the game.
Has anyone else have/had this problem, and does anyone know which piece of cc causes this glitch?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Jan 2019 at 11:52 AM Last edited by igazor : 8th Jan 2019 at 12:03 PM.
In case anyone is interested in a slightly gentler assessment, the best thing to do would be to remove everything that was just installed, clear caches, and do a test run to see if the sledgehammer problem goes away. If all is clear, then begin adding your new content back in very small batches, clearing caches and testing each time, to see when the problem reappears.

If removing only recently added CC is not practical, then the same advice applies but on a fresh, no content TS3 user game folder starting from scratch again in order to help pinpoint the culprit(s). The removed game folder with the other harmless content and saved games, etc. can be put back into place once the offending items are identified.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jan 2019 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Contrary to popular belief, most of us are not psychics. We can't read your mind or use our mental telepathy to read your harddrive to see what mods and ccs you have. But if I have to take an educated guess, I would say CC item #1042.

I understand that, my question was simply: has anybody else experienced the same glitch and found out if a certain piece of cc was the culprit. I know I could uninstall everything and reinstall one by one, but if anybody else has already done that and found the problem, there is no need for me to reinvent the wheel is there?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Jan 2019 at 6:35 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Jan 2019 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Do you have any old no mosaic mods?
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=579343

I did apparently! I just deleted it and now everything works fine again. Thank you for linking the thread. (apparently, I missed that one while I was searching the forum for posts on this glitch.)