Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 6:40 PM
Default TS3 - Mandora
It's been a long time since I started to work on this world (my 3rd world actually). It's finally reached a stage for betatests.
Here is the link to the CFF thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=551190
The beta worldfile and a savefile with all lots including sims, can be found in post #18.
Post #21 contains a savefile with all lots but without sims.
attuned is currently testing this world (thank you ), maybe someone else likes to have a look too.

I got one question too. I'm currently in the process of creating screenshots for the houses and sims to upload them here. I'm also trying to write a short biography for every sim. Does it make sence to post this here in this group, before I try uploading it? Or is it better to keep this things included in the main thread of the world, over at CFF?

Any feedback and thoughts are appreciated
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 4:56 AM
You can do either one. My suggestion is to post lot screenshots here, since this group is comprised of builders, so you should be able to get building feedback here. I guess sims might be better off in CFF, where sim creators can see them. I had some trials and tribulations getting my group of sims uploaded, so I will definitely stop by and give you whatever help I can.

If you have CAW questions, post them here. if no one here can help, there is also a CAW section in Create: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=616

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 10:50 PM
Alright, I recently tried to upload this lot. It got rejected because of the following two reasons:

> Some of the textures used in CASTing look a bit "repeaty" and create an overwhelming effect. Try to keep busy textures in smaller areas and combine them with simpler patterns for a pleasing look. An area we recommend to apply simpler textures are in the walls.

> Some of the colors used are far too saturated/bright. Try lowering the saturation and/or using it a bit more sparingly around the house for a clean look.

The original lot was designed in a bright yellow and it's complementary color purple. However, I still like the idea, it turned out to be way too much contrast. After a lot of changing, I got completly rid of my original idea. So I got from an extreme contrast to a more cleaner look.

To see the difference, here are a few pictures of the lot how it used to look (5 pictures)

And here is how it looks now (21 pictures, the ones for the upload)

What do you think?
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 1:54 AM
Looks good! My only thoughts are that the back is a bit plain but that's probably fine. Also, it's unlikely that the furniture, doors, and wallpaper trim in a house will be made of the same wood as the window trim so you might want to change the color and/or grain of some of those items. If you can find a pattern or plain color that doesn't have the wood grain making horizontal bars on the wallpaper trim (on the vertical pieces of trim on the wallpaper), it will look better too. I really like the layout - very spacious!
dodgy builder
#5 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 7:23 AM
Very nice use of colors and the cast tool. How big is the lot at the back?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 7:35 PM
@SimmyRN
Yeah, you are right about that. I never thought about it before. But now that you mentionend it, it looks a bit stupid if the same wood is used everywhere. Thank you for drawing my attention to that!
I have made some changes. I hope the pictures are big enough to see enough. I don't want to upload a ton of pictures, simply because I have to work with a limited bandwith of 5GB per month

Is it allowed to post collages like that for the upload?

In case anyone is interested who lives in that house, I have uploaded some pictures regarding that in the main thread over at the CFF: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...d=1#post5248950

@Volvenom
It's a small lot located at the beach area of Mandora. Small meaning: 25x25

Here you can see how much space is left at the back and the sides of the lot.
Alchemist
#7 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 5:24 PM
Just gonna bump this because anarchy.
Yes, it's allowed to post collages like that, as long as the elevation and floorplan pictures are single, and large enough, of course

If you remember me, I'm awesome!