Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2023 at 6:39 PM
Default Have two inquiries - Sim History & Gallery Uploads
So, I have looked everywhere I can think of and can't seem to find an answer I need for two inquiries.

One is how does someone keep track of history, such as family notes? I used to have two ways of doing this in Sims 2. I'd leave family notes under the head of household's notes and I'd keep track of it through their family album. I keep running into problems trying to find ways to do this. I apparently can't keep track via pictures because they're all thrown together with everyone else's so I'm not sure why someone would keep a picture album to begin with. It's chaos. Is there another way to keep notes or do I have to do that manually?

My second issue is the gallery. When you go into an upload you'd like to download into your library and look at the Uses Items from These Packs, I'm confused as to what games I need. For instance, I have City Life, Werewolves, and Seasons downloaded. I go to see what I can download and there's either no list, which I know is okay to DL, a short list of games with one of mine that's highlighted or a long list of games and only mine are highlighted. Are the other unhighlighted games that are dark blue in color the games that the author had downloaded and so I can't download them, or are the highlighted games just showing me that they only had that download(s) as well and it's safe for me to download to my gallery?

I hope I explained everything all right.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Mar 2023 at 8:38 AM
You can download any lot off the gallery. The game will auto-magically remove any items you don't have the packs for. You can then replace them with what you do have.

In world view, when you click on a lot, you can then get more info on that lot by clicking on the thingy in the bottom left corner. For households, you could probably leave some notes there. I'm not sure how much you can add there though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Mar 2023 at 8:30 PM
Okay, thanks for letting me know. I kinda figured that out just recently about the automatic removal of anything I don't have downloaded when I downloaded a house to find the laundry room not complete. Thanks for the note taking part of things. That's a real bummer they don't have individual biographies - the great thing about Sims 2. I was kinda hoping they'd have a mod for that somewhere.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 9th Mar 2023 at 11:27 AM
One thing I found out disappointingly, tho. When you download a lot without the supporting packs, and then later get the packs, the missing items do not suddenly appear in the downloaded lot just because they were supposed to have been there in the first place. I stupidly thought they would. Hence, in this case, you'll have to figure out what was supposed to have been there and add it yourself if you want it.

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Mar 2023 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dikosay
One thing I found out disappointingly, tho. When you download a lot without the supporting packs, and then later get the packs, the missing items do not suddenly appear in the downloaded lot just because they were supposed to have been there in the first place. I stupidly thought they would. Hence, in this case, you'll have to figure out what was supposed to have been there and add it yourself if you want it.

Yeah, I got that, too, unfortunately, lol.