Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2023 at 9:53 PM
Do you like that children can learn adult skills without knowing children skill?
After the last update, children can learn charisma (adult) skill concurrently with social (children) skill for example.
Do you like that? Or do you think it is better the old way where kids will only learn charisma after maximizing social?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2023 at 11:17 PM
I have zero problem with it. People learn about dealing with people and what is best or not from the time they are born. I am fine with it and have way too much going in my RL to be concerned with things like this.
Test Subject
#3 Old 4th Apr 2023 at 1:28 AM Last edited by madoka99 : 4th Apr 2023 at 4:53 PM.
I never liked that children had separate skills. That's why I made a mod (when I was still playing TS4) that unlocked all adult skills for them and then I never played without it. It's interesting to see that Maxis separated Charisma from Social skill. Did they do the same with Mischief?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Apr 2023 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by madoka99
I never liked that children had separate skills. That's why I made a mod (when I was still playing TS4) that unlocked all adult skills for them and then I never played without it. It's interesting to see that Maxis separated Charisma from Social skill. Did they do te same with Mischief?

Yes, children can learn all adults skill now. The children skill is still there tho.
Theorist
#5 Old 4th Apr 2023 at 11:54 AM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 4th Apr 2023 at 12:06 PM.
I'll like it better now that children can actually learn to sing and play instruments, it was frustrating to have my child sing or play violin all day every day and never get any better.
((please tell me this is the case, I've been playing with infants this whole time and haven't gotten to child stage))

ETA: I also like the idea of the child skills still being there, it encourages you to round out their development and, for example, NOT have them sing or play violin all day every day. The fact that you are still going to want to get those fundamentals up means that just like in real life your child will need to branch out and focus on learning other skills they may never use when they grow up, like logic! (hA, gottem)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th Apr 2023 at 12:22 PM
I don't think I mind, but does it render the child equivalent of the skill useless? Before it would give them a boost once they entered their teenage years, what happens now? Is it the same?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Apr 2023 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FDSims4Mods
Yes, children can learn all adults skill now. The children skill is still there tho.

Is that all skills, including Flower Arranging, Salvadorato Lore, etc?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Apr 2023 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GothyPanda
Is that all skills, including Flower Arranging, Salvadorato Lore, etc?

No, only some skills. The ones they were able to learn after reaching max level on children skill.