Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 29th May 2014 at 9:40 AM
Hey guys. I havent gotten a lot of feedback on this one. If you have any thoughts, please share them.

p.s. I thought I posted an answer to the neighbor question but it appears not to be posed. No, you can use whatever neighbors you like.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 29th May 2014 at 2:14 PM
We're too busy playing it, Misty.
My sims in-game probably hate me, though. I had to take away their fridge because they wouldn't stop eating quick meals. As far as I'm concerned, there's not an unlimited amount of ice cream for everyone to eat whenever they get famished. Tough it out until someone can catch a fish.
Test Subject
#28 Old 29th May 2014 at 5:14 PM
day 5 playing as a hero - sims come from my doomsday 1 challenge - husband, wife, oldest child is a teen plus the brothers: I have learned horses are a pain in my ass and have bought bicycles. 1 house under my control and i found a stove in the dumpster! also the aliens love my house - 2 alien kids so far! justifying the kitchen - tables are turned into counters and the fridge is a converted bookshelf - no freezing or cooling just stores veggies from the garden so i can cook. i also use screp to build walls - 10 scrap is 1 wall. all of this building is done by my level 10 handy sim. I'll keep you updated!
Test Subject
#29 Old 29th May 2014 at 5:20 PM
Trade day: I got lucky! 2 small generators and 5 buckets of water for a microwave and 5 lettuces! bargain!
Instructor
#30 Old 29th May 2014 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucysaur
day 5 playing as a hero - sims come from my doomsday 1 challenge - husband, wife, oldest child is a teen plus the brothers: I have learned horses are a pain in my ass and have bought bicycles. 1 house under my control and i found a stove in the dumpster! also the aliens love my house - 2 alien kids so far! justifying the kitchen - tables are turned into counters and the fridge is a converted bookshelf - no freezing or cooling just stores veggies from the garden so i can cook. i also use screp to build walls - 10 scrap is 1 wall. all of this building is done by my level 10 handy sim. I'll keep you updated!

Clever thinking on the wall building!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 29th May 2014 at 10:05 PM

Hey nicely done! I toyed around with some way to incorporate scrap but never got around to it. You could use scrap to possibly repair metal or other items (within reason).

BTW I'm glad you're enjoying it. I hadn't heard much so I honestly thought I bombed with this one (made it too complicated). Keep me posted! I would love to see pictures of homes pieced together from trade/steal and dumpster diving.

P.S. You guys got a reprieve from my challenges, now i'm back and loaded with yet ANOTHER challenge in the works. A lot less complex but lots of fun.
Instructor
#32 Old 29th May 2014 at 10:24 PM
NO.
NO NO NO NO.
That is the saviour. Your nemesis. You know, the guy you have to defeat in the end?

Although it would be an incredibly amusing, entertaining and interesting plot twist, I'm going to have to forbid this romance.
Sorry, lovebirds.

Question: Is athletic equipment tradable/stealable?
Field Researcher
#33 Old 29th May 2014 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
We're too busy playing it, Misty.
My sims in-game probably hate me, though. I had to take away their fridge because they wouldn't stop eating quick meals. As far as I'm concerned, there's not an unlimited amount of ice cream for everyone to eat whenever they get famished. Tough it out until someone can catch a fish.

Maybe this mod would be useful for this challenge, as far as eliminating quick meals from your active sims' fridge. Well, doesn't eliminate them, but makes them require an ingredient.

Looking forward to finally starting this!
Inventor
#34 Old 30th May 2014 at 12:41 AM
I have a question before I play this challenge: What are the rules on supernaturals? Since they got excluded from the Colony, it would make sense that they would be stuck in the Devastation, right?

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 30th May 2014 at 12:49 AM
You can play whatever you like. Supernaturls are fine.
Inventor
#36 Old 30th May 2014 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MistyDW
You can play whatever you like. Supernaturls are fine.

So I could play a supernatural and add CAS humans to the house if a Category III steal roll was successful?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 30th May 2014 at 1:43 AM
You can be a superntural and have humans in your house; however, adding members to your family is pretty much restricted to a) your children and possibly their spouses if you have them living there, or b) people you pick up from the daily events.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 30th May 2014 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
So I could play a supernatural and add CAS humans to the house if a Category III steal roll was successful?

You can be a superntural and have humans in your house; however, adding members to your family is pretty much restricted to a) your children and possibly their spouses if you have them living there, or b) people you pick up from the daily events.
Inventor
#39 Old 30th May 2014 at 1:51 AM
Well, Category III says, and I quote, "Items in the expensive category are worth up to $1,000 and are hard to find. Medium generators (4 hours of energy), large appliances, bathtubs, a servant for your family, and other items that would be hard to obtain are found here. Food cannot be traded for expensive items!" Now I'm confused, because your last post appears to directly contradict that.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 30th May 2014 at 2:02 AM
Well, Category III says, and I quote, "Items in the expensive category are worth up to $1,000 and are hard to find. Medium generators (4 hours of energy), large appliances, bathtubs, a servant for your family, and other items that would be hard to obtain are found here. Food cannot be traded for expensive items!" Now I'm confused, because your last post appears to directly contradict that.

Oh duh I forgot I put that in there.

Yes. You can do that
Test Subject
#41 Old 30th May 2014 at 8:51 PM
Finished! arranging the fights was hard at first (all my sims are nice guys usually) but i had lots of fun! fights were easy once arranged though as pretty much everybody in my house has 10 athletic and therefore don't lose fights ever - might be worth adding in a rng to the fights - make it possible to lose? maybe i got lucky though - my sim had nearly all sons so plenty of soldiers anyway.

am now replaying as a crime lord
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 30th May 2014 at 11:49 PM
Finished! arranging the fights was hard at first (all my sims are nice guys usually) but i had lots of fun! fights were easy once arranged though as pretty much everybody in my house has 10 athletic and therefore don't lose fights ever - might be worth adding in a rng to the fights - make it possible to lose? maybe i got lucky though - my sim had nearly all sons so plenty of soldiers anyway.

am now replaying as a crime lord

Yeah I won most of the fights at level 10 but not 100%. Give us more details! What did you enjoy the most? Was there any part where you didn't think you'd make it?
Test Subject
#43 Old 31st May 2014 at 1:29 AM
Flu was the hardest! I had a house full including a toddler and triplets and the mum barely made it through the 24 hours - fainting was a big possibility! I also got a lot of bad rolls when out dumpster diving - i lost come cool stuff. Weirdly i liked the first 30 days the best - trying to sorting the house so it would fit everyone and checking the junkyard every day for a crib that kind of thing. plus learning how to sort out all the fighting. Hard points definitely but nothing like I was going to fail.

Few additions i made just for me- handy sim 5+ could fix/convert furniture - salvaging furniture or turning the microwave into a fridge that kind of thing. 10+ I had them building walls and floors out of scrap and doors out of destroyed wooden furniture. I also used notepad to keep track of buckets of water because it was easier for me. I completely gave up on horses and used bikes/jogging (no good explanation of where the bikes came from)

I also got stupidly lucky in the first week or so - got an exercise machine from the dumpster - pure chance!

I have started the crime lord part but i'm exhausted! (UK time so its 1.30am now) so I've stopped playing for a bit - so far we found a football and frizbee in the dumpster so they spend most of their time playing to up athletic - i miss my stereo and exercise machine!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 31st May 2014 at 3:34 AM
[QUOTE=lucysaur]Flu was the hardest! I had a house full including a toddler and triplets and the mum barely made it through the 24 hours - fainting was a big possibility! I also got a lot of bad rolls when out dumpster diving - i lost come cool stuff. Weirdly i liked the first 30 days the best - trying to sorting the house so it would fit everyone and checking the junkyard every day for a crib that kind of thing. plus learning how to sort out all the fighting. Hard points definitely but nothing like I was going to fail.
/QUOTE]

Yeah I designed that to appear easy but, in actually, be a royal pain in the ass lol. Keep me posted on your progress as a crime lord!
Field Researcher
#45 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 4:06 AM
So..I'm going to try this with a twist. I made a family (husband & wife) to be my central family. I'm playing two ways. The female will play as the savior in my 'good' game. The male will play as the Crime Lord in my 'bad' game. I want to see who does the best. I think the bad version will be more fun. We'll see!
Test Subject
#46 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 4:49 AM
since there this no house section what am i allowed to put in my house? I didn't start with that mutch good stuff but i did give my self some extra things fore skill gaining. Also its sometimes easy and sometimes extremely hard, for insistence it took 7 dead baby's before i had one live to be a toddler, yet when it came to food i had so much in my sims inventory it lagged the game (444 apples to be exact). So i think it needs some balancing. But this is still amazing, its the only one of your challenges that made me play 5 hours strait before.So good job, but i still really think you need to add MORE rules so i can uncear stand what I cant and cant do. Also i would like to hear other peoples story's ill be posting some of mine shortly. Oh and since this is mainly a rant on its flaws, make a better combat system so its a challenge. For instance make a roll, if its over ten you hit, if its over 15 you hit 2X as mutch, now add 1+ for every athletic skill and +1 every 5 logic, then randomly make them add guns witch are a 1 hit kill if you get hit. Like i said though its still a great challenge and one of the best designed
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DeathJr
since there this no house section what am i allowed to put in my house? I didn't start with that mutch good stuff but i did give my self some extra things fore skill gaining. Also its sometimes easy and sometimes extremely hard, for insistence it took 7 dead baby's before i had one live to be a toddler, yet when it came to food i had so much in my sims inventory it lagged the game (444 apples to be exact). So i think it needs some balancing. But this is still amazing, its the only one of your challenges that made me play 5 hours strait before.So good job, but i still really think you need to add MORE rules so i can uncear stand what I cant and cant do. Also i would like to hear other peoples story's ill be posting some of mine shortly. Oh and since this is mainly a rant on its flaws, make a better combat system so its a challenge. For instance make a roll, if its over ten you hit, if its over 15 you hit 2X as mutch, now add 1+ for every athletic skill and +1 every 5 logic, then randomly make them add guns witch are a 1 hit kill if you get hit. Like i said though its still a great challenge and one of the best designed

How did you get so much food? You only start with six plants in the garden and you weren't alloweed to have a pond on your lot. You could fish but you had to roll to see if you made it back to the house with the fish on the event table.

Also, did someone in your house get a high enough logic skill to get the bonus for your kids when they made their virus check? That just sounds like some unlucky rolls.
Test Subject
#48 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 5:58 PM
my gardener got 7 garden skill, got 30 apple trees, and fertilized them with outstanding quality apples, and got super green thumb for having all the baby's who i immediately removed. I personly am amazed i got that mutch too, even though everyone ate apples every day. i them found out fishing was useless considering theres like a 50% to lose some of your items so i stopped, but i did fertilize all of my crops before that happened. Also she worked on there garden every day and that was all, she didn't cook,work out, help with anything since there was no babys to take care of. at first i dident see the 1+ to kids survival but it dident matter i got mainly low numbers. It probley was just unlucky.
Inventor
#49 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 9:27 AM
Well, I made my heavily-modified Dragon Valley for the challenge. I laid it out like a football field, with the Savior's and Crime Lord's houses (both based on the MacAnna house - even though it's 2 stories I decided to leave half of the house completely empty for the challenge start) as the "endzones" and house 5 (which is right on the river) as "midfield". Following this analogy, the other houses (the 10x10 ones) would be the 10, 20, 30, and 40 yard lines. The Crime Lord's side is west of the river and the Savior's side is east. The Sheriff's office is a 15x15 box house; the Safehouse is a standard 10x10 house with a WA-door (my name for the secret door from the World Adventures tombs) in the bathroom leading to a basement. Each side has a tavern; both are EAxis taverns from Dragon Valley with part of it walled off and accessible by a WA-door.

The Savior and Crime Lord are brothers in my game; their wives are sisters. Each started with two horses. I'll post pictures once I can get back in game. (I'll be playing the Crime Lord first, then the Savior.)

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 11:20 AM Last edited by MistyDW : 3rd Jun 2014 at 11:32 AM.
Well, I made my heavily-modified Dragon Valley for the challenge. I laid it out like a football field, with the Savior's and Crime Lord's houses (both based on the MacAnna house - even though it's 2 stories I decided to leave half of the house completely empty for the challenge start) as the "endzones" and house 5 (which is right on the river) as "midfield". Following this analogy, the other houses (the 10x10 ones) would be the 10, 20, 30, and 40 yard lines. The Crime Lord's side is west of the river and the Savior's side is east. The Sheriff's office is a 15x15 box house; the Safehouse is a standard 10x10 house with a WA-door (my name for the secret door from the World Adventures tombs) in the bathroom leading to a basement. Each side has a tavern; both are EAxis taverns from Dragon Valley with part of it walled off and accessible by a WA-door.

The Savior and Crime Lord are brothers in my game; their wives are sisters. Each started with two horses. I'll post pictures once I can get back in game. (I'll be playing the Crime Lord first, then the Savior.)

Wow nicely done! Consider putting your town online somewhere. I'd love to have it!
Page 2 of 3