Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 3:54 PM
I will do this challenge it seems so fun and interesting... Well after I get through my testing of my own challenges... I suck at balancing more than 2 challenges, sometimes I cant even do that! lol

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Advertisement
Inventor
#52 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MistyDW
Wow nicely done! Consider putting your town online somewhere. I'd love to have it!

I did just that. The link is at http://www.psduckie.com/misc/ddc4save.zip. I used all EPs, all SPs except KPST (because we all know where that one belongs!), and a bunch of store content. I don't remember all the store content I used, so I can't put it all in the post.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
I did just that. The link is at http://www.psduckie.com/misc/ddc4save.zip. I used all EPs, all SPs except KPST (because we all know where that one belongs!), and a bunch of store content. I don't remember all the store content I used, so I can't put it all in the post.

Awesome! I plan to do an LP of the Doomsday Series. EVENTUALLY I will get to #4. I'd like to use your town if that's OK.
Inventor
#54 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 1:10 AM
Awesome! I plan to do an LP of the Doomsday Series. EVENTUALLY I will get to #4. I'd like to use your town if that's OK.

I'm honored! It's perfectly OK, as long as you credit me for the modifications. :-)

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#55 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 2:10 AM
I'm honored! It's perfectly OK, as long as you credit me for the modifications. :-)

Absolutely!
Inventor
#56 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 2:20 AM
Absolutely!

Thanks!

Field Researcher
#57 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 12:40 AM
MistyDW, I have a question. When you say 'nothing will occur' the first three days do you mean nothing in addition to the regular, everyday events? My Sim had to leave for water and rolled 1, so he is dead! That is correct, right? If it is, it is, but I'm not sure.
Inventor
#58 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 10:40 PM
I also have a question. In the backstory for each path, it says "Additional Starting Family: " and then lists two members. Are these the same new members from days 1-3?

Instructor
#59 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:16 AM
Obviously I'm not Misty, but I'll still try to answer your questions.
Quote: Originally posted by koololdster
MistyDW, I have a question. When you say 'nothing will occur' the first three days do you mean nothing in addition to the regular, everyday events? My Sim had to leave for water and rolled 1, so he is dead! That is correct, right? If it is, it is, but I'm not sure.

Yes and yes- the first three days have no special events like taking over houses, it's just a few days to get settled in the beginning. If your main character was the only one out when you rolled the one, then yes, he is dead. If someone else came with him, then the other one would die. But hey- at least it was at the beginning of the game and not too much was lost if you start again, right?
I also have a question. In the backstory for each path, it says "Additional Starting Family: " and then lists two members. Are these the same new members from days 1-3?

That is correct, your main character and then (if you're doing Saviour) Father/Brother duo or (if you're doing Crime Lord) the two young adult boys. (Although obviously the genders can be swapped)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#60 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 5:56 AM
I'm curious if anyone else ever finished this? I know it was a massive challenge. The main thing is hopefully it provided those who tried it with some entertainment if nothing else
Test Subject
#61 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 6:57 AM
Out of all the Doomsday challenges, I think this one is the best! It's on my to-do list, looking forward to trying it out
Test Subject
#62 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 7:31 AM
I cant find the "my house" section? I reaally want to start, but it's a bit hard without a house.. Or am I just blind?
Instructor
#63 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Azelynn
I cant find the "my house" section? I reaally want to start, but it's a bit hard without a house.. Or am I just blind?

Misty ended up not making it into a section, she just outlines some of the necessary pointers under the 'SURVIVING IN A POST-APOCALYPTIC WORLD' part.
Test Subject
#64 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 12:37 AM
I'm curious if anyone else ever finished this? I know it was a massive challenge. The main thing is hopefully it provided those who tried it with some entertainment if nothing else

I did this one right after I did Doomsday Challange: Part 1 (the ones in between didn't tickle my fancy). I really enjoyed it! Part 1 is still my favourite, but this was great fun too. I made the townsfolk Game of Thrones characters, so I could go beat up Lanisters

I made a modification to the virus checks when the kids age up though, since otherwise even with two couples producing kids, I'd gotten to day 20 and not had a single baby make it to teenage. I made it so that if at any age up they outright survived the roll, than that was it, I didn't have to roll again at later age ups. If they survived solely due to an adult's logic skill, then they still had to virus check roll at the next age up. I also had to age up a teenager to YA near the end to keep playing but shhhhh. It was a super fun challenge thanks, and I'm really excited to see your next challenges :lovestruc
Test Subject
#65 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 10:15 PM
you know then I first played this I thought you could buy tables XD about 5 months later I realize that it was to look at the values now I can't help but laugh when I think about it now. I had plenty of lovely tables to sacrifice for times the days demanded though lol.
Test Subject
#66 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 10:37 PM
So, I have played the entire series of Doomsday Challenges within two towns - or rather, two versions of the same town that I change as time goes on in the challenges. At the time I began, I only had two towns, so I started this series out in Twinbrook. I started with a fairly large family: Parents, Teenager, Child and twin Toddlers. By day thirty, the mom and child were dead from T12, and the rest of the house was lucky to have survived thus far, as I was playing with no immunity. At day zero, the father was gone as well, as the original toddlers were aging into young adults, and the teenager was halfway through her adult years..... Perfect timing to go through Part 2! The female twin became my doctor, and the male was set aside until I could begin part 4. I edited my original Twinbrook town so that it fit the bill for both part 2 and part 3, with the only lots being the special houses, specified community lots, and the CIU, as well as several empty lots where I had the "holding units" for the incoming patients. In part 2, the original teenager (Her name is Gina) was my test trial, and the first one to make it through the CIU. I proceeded to hold Gina back as we admitted 6 more patients, waiting until a male of suitable age was able to be paired with her after passing through, and then they were placed in their new home lot! I did this for all my patients, assuming that, since you state that Iso-Corp would want to control the gene pool, they would want to pair single patients before admitting them into their new safe towns. I had a lot of fun with part 2, and was eager to start part three with Gina! I had to use a youth potion on her to bring her down to the correct age, but that was fine, and I once again managed to have a really fun time with her - and barely made it!! She had a long and relatively happy life~ Then, the eagerly awaited part 4 could begin.... Kilorn (named after a book character XD) wasn't a genius like his sister, but where he lacked in her great control of logic, he certainly made up for in his athletic ability - and his cruelty. Obviously I played the crime lord path - AND I LOVED IT!!! Story wise, he was in the original town of Twinbrook, where his sisters had moved to the Iso-Corp controlled version of their town. People on the outside of their settlement called the two towns "The Twins" and referred to them as either the evil twin or the iso-twin -- there was no good in this world anymore.... You've done an awesome job, Misty, even if you don't check this board anymore. I had a lot of fun at being able to play through your series with my original family the whole way through. Many, many hours totally worthwhile.
Test Subject
#67 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 3:03 PM
So hyped for this right now xD
Test Subject
#68 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 2:12 AM
I know it was long ago, and stuff but you mentioned typos and I found one. On the general page you wrote "(saliva, blood, seaman, etc.) " It's actually semen, but I guess you know it by now.
Page 3 of 3