Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 10:49 PM
Default Creating Neighborhoods in the Sims 3
Is it possible or will it ever be possible to create your own neighborhoods from scratch? .. I'd really love to know because this was the only reason why I got this game I thought personal customization would be made easier..
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 2:45 AM
It's not possible at the moment. Someone has been looking into this, but even if they ever release an editor (I'd expect it to be a data-wrangling tool à la SimPE, not a consumer product à la SimCity), I don't believe it will be a straightforward process.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 5:40 AM
Thank you for your reply .. I really hope we will be able to soon
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 5:45 PM Last edited by FreakOfKulture : 14th Nov 2009 at 5:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lovellie16
Is it possible or will it ever be possible to create your own neighborhoods from scratch? .. I'd really love to know because this was the only reason why I got this game I thought personal customization would be made easier..

Actually, when I opened the Game Launcher today, it gave me this link:

http://www.thesims3.com/community/n...t219#-413971298

Basically, we'll eventually get Create-A-World Tool Beta. This will probably be optional for download, as if it's a beta it won't be released for World Adventures. Hopefully they will give us updates soon.

A watched pot never boils. But a watched pan still fries, and a grease fire burns down your house whether you watch it or not.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 1:47 AM
I can't wait. Can December come any sooner
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FreakOfKulture
Actually, when I opened the Game Launcher today, it gave me this link:

http://www.thesims3.com/community/n...t219#-413971298

Yup, this has been shown at a World Adventure preview a few days ago (so my post above is now obsolete).

I haven't seen it myself, but I've heard that it looks like a great, full-featured tool, and that it'll be available from the EA site for free (i.e. not bundled with World Adventures or anything). Looking very forward myself. It's supposed to be available later this year, I believe in December. If they make a beta available before that (the post you linked to looks a bit like that), all the better.

Note that all of this is hearsay -- like I said, I *haven't* seen or tested it myself -- I'm just relaying what somebody else told me.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 2:09 PM
Let's just hope they'll realease a Mac version too! :S
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 6:44 AM
There is a sticky in TS3 Mac Help titled "Solutions for OS X users" on various ways to run Windows-y things under OS X. It would seem kind of logical that the neighbourhood editor will come with a wrapper like the game, but if it doesn't, I expect to be able to run it with one of the methods outlined in that sticky (I'm on OS X myself; my windows box can't run anything more demanding than Minesweeper). Take a look if you're on a mac, it might be useful.