Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 5:10 PM
Default Top Alpha
I downloaded Cynnix's skirts and tops here http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...hp?f=226&t=5439, but I found that the poofy sleeved top didn't work with bottom only dresses. The dress texture bled onto the sleeves.

So, I messed with the mesh and made the sleeves an alpha group to stop that. Now I have this bizarre problem and I have no idea what I've done wrong. Sometimes the alpha sleeves show up correctly on the normal morph and incorrectly on the fat morph. Sometimes it's the other way around. Sometimes they're both correct. Sometimes they're both wrong. And if I click back and forth between the fat/thin morphs in Bodyshop then eventually a fixed one will turn unfixed and an unfixed one will turn fixed.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 5:29 PM
If you change the UVmap or anything else on a mesh you need to do the same changes on the morph (or make new ones). The morph still has a UVmap. I'm guessing there's some sort of mismatch between the base mesh and the morphs, so the meshes get a little confused.

(Also, delete cache files after any change you do to a mesh or morph - they tend to mess up morphs quite a bit)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 5:55 AM
I always found that the morphs automatically updated their UV maps when I changed the non morph map, but in this case I didn't touch the UV map. All I did was duplicate the mesh and cut pieces off it. So before I had

top - fat morph - preg morph and now I have

top - fat morph - preg morph and top_alpha - fat morph - preg morph

I cut the sleeves off top and its morphs and cut everything but the sleeves off top_alpha and its morphs.

Then I went through Cat of Evil Genius' alpha tutorial to update all the recolours and the mesh in SimPE. I'm wondering if I made a mistake there, but double checking didn't show me anything wrong.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 6:36 AM
It's always something stupid lol. I rechecked the mesh just in case and I hadn't cut the sleeves off the main top as I thought that I had. So it must have been getting confused between the alpha sleeves and the main sleeves and switching between them.

Thanks for the help!