Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#101 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 1:42 AM Last edited by LifesLover : 6th Oct 2010 at 5:43 AM.
Wow, this sounds like such an interesting challenge. I don't normally follow challenges (I still can't finish a legacy challenge!), but this one sounds so different. I'll be back with updates once I get my Sims made.

Edit: I'm back! Okay, I finished with my Sims, started on the house, but I've got a headache and it's late, so I'll finish that later. Anyway, here's my Sim girls.

Backstory: Once upon a time, four sisters were born to the fourth daughter of a fourth daughter. They were each given distinctive names to represent the four elements of life, since they were their mother's life. For years, the four sisters lived quite happily with their mother, each as wild as the element they were named after. During their teens, however, their mother mysteriously disappeared. Search after search proved fruitless and in vain, and the sisters despaired of ever seeing their beloved mother again. Frightened and upset, the four sisters swore that once they reached majority, they would never age again in hopes of filling the void their mother left in their hearts with children. This is the story of the Amara's.

The first-born, Edana, with a fiery disposition:

The second-born, Naminé, with the gentle, strong-willed disposition:

The third-born, Terra, with an unshakable disposition:

The fourth-born, Sora, with the far-reaching disposition:

About the names: I was tired, it was late, and I'm a KH geek, what more can I say?

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 22nd Oct 2010 at 12:12 AM
I LUV LUV LUV ur air sis, shes gorgeous
Test Subject
#103 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 2:01 PM
alrite, so i have finished my house (and if i do say so myself it looks fantastic ), but how the how do i post pictures????
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 9:50 PM
Go Picju.com and upload you picture[s] and on the second page copy the one with just the URL. Then click the Image Icon on Post Reply and just paste your URL on that. Do that for the rest of the images.

A easier way upload on Post Reply if you scroll down theres a upload button there for images. It says Image Upload.

hope that helped and I bet you house is awesome
Test Subject
#105 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 12:56 AM
Alright, i figured it out (thx for the help). I HAVE A LOT SRRY

Here are my sisters, house and the first borns

SISTERS:
fire:Amber
water:Brooke
Air:Erica
earth:Ivy

Then, the lighter girl is Aimee
and the darker one is Brynn (im doing alphabet)
If you're wondering about the hair, its from my sisters mom (I started them as toddlers). I know that my house isn't regulation, so plz dont give me crap, i just couldn't help myself!! k
Test Subject
#106 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 12:29 AM
So doing this as soon as I get my new disk drive It's not working/opening/reading the disk so I'm stuck without Sims for a while.... sigh.
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 7:12 AM
This is a really cool challenge! Fun fun!
Test Subject
#108 Old 1st May 2012 at 4:51 AM
I'm starting this one tonight. Although... I think the Water sister will end up having the handiness skill, since she's in charge of repairs.
Test Subject
#109 Old 1st May 2012 at 11:11 PM
I decided to try this out myself, however I have a couple extra books...I sent Miss Earth off to get the recipes from all 3 countries and bought the guitar songbooks.

I of course wiped her memory of the trip after; no sense having her remember leaving the country and then having the 4 of them near-bound to their lot!

This is where my 4 girls' story will be posted.
Test Subject
#110 Old 2nd May 2012 at 1:38 PM
Hello! I was wondering if you have a "dateline" for the challenge, like a due date for the baby making goal?

I've recently started playing this challenge, and it has been pretty amusing, although I used the easy way to approach the challenge by skilling all sisters first. Can't think of when I should stop playing though, so I've decided that I'll do so after all sisters have eaten ambrosia 3 times! So I'm sure there'll be a bit of baby-making before that.

My four quadruplets: Neeru (Water), Tierra (Earth), Ignis (Fire), and Aeris (Air). Not very original names eh, but ahhhhh..

Their home:

The first guy Ignis actually seduced and got pregnant with - their next-door neighbour, Norman Joy, who was then already married to Nellie Spenster. Yes you guessed it, Riverview! *Shakes head* talk about going in for the kill with the very first guy you meet..

They've only got one son (still a toddler), so more baby making to come! Thanks a lot for making this challenge! (:
Test Subject
#111 Old 2nd May 2012 at 8:51 PM
i don't usually do challenges but i'm going to try this one. here's what i have so far..

Sora, air.

Hi, fire.

Mizu, water

Chi, earth

Test Subject
#112 Old 5th May 2012 at 4:51 PM
I'm glad some more people are doing this challenge again I was just wondering if anyone thinks pets would be okay for the earth sister? Dogs and cats maybe? Also I was wondering if teenagers now have to learnt to drive?
Test Subject
#113 Old 5th May 2012 at 10:37 PM
I imagine it would be fine to make some small adjustments for all the new content that is available for the game. I made a few tweaks here and there myself.

That said this is the only challenge I have come across that has piqued my interest! I like the whole fantasy-ish..ness of the sisters.
I look forward to seeing how I manage them all and what the kids will look like.

Here they are if anyone is interested.

The house is fairly simple. I'm afraid I'm not much of a builder. This is the first lot I have ever made in the sims.
Though the pictures everyone posted helped me out a great deal in my planning.
Test Subject
#114 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 3:51 PM
I'm starting this one right now :DDD Sounds fun xD
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 3:01 AM
Seeing the recent postings on this thread inspired me to return to my own game, and collect some snapshots.

A fair time has passed since my last posting. The oldest children, Adonis and Cepheus, have grown up and moved out. Included a picture of Adonis from right before he left home. I think he turned out quite handsome. He has married his high school sweetheart but they don't have any kids yet.

Finally completed (I think) the house, to the form I want it. The picture is the backyard of Kalthyria House, as that's really more interesting. The right-hand one-story section is Urania's room (Air). Behind that on the right, the two-story section is Apollonia's apartment (Fire). The two-story section on the left at the rear is Tethy's apartment (Water), which of course also has the kids' rooms. And finally at left front is Demetra's room, close to her garden and martial arts equipment.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 6:15 PM
Default Tweeked for Supernatural EP
I decided to try this challenge again. The last time my game got corrupted so I never finished. I'm tweeking it a bit this time around to enclude the newer EP's, my fav being supernatural!

The Sisters: each one is a different occult species (their mother got around before being abducted by aliens!)

Fire = Phoenix, werewolf
Air = Zephyra, witch
Water = Tallulah, genie
Earth = Tarasina, fairy

A few of my changes:
Lot is 30x30 (I don't like things to squished together)
Added Alchemy station (air sister), Piano (fire sister)

Since I hate that stir crazy moodlet I've decided to let the sisters leave the lot for an hour or 2 a week for "sister specific activities":
Air sister may go to library to read or write and tour the science lab or elixir shop to sell elixirs (I'm thinking of letting her catch flying insects)
Water sister may swim or fish (not allowed to use bait or read any fishing books) or do any water related sport just for fun.
Earth sister can collect seeds flowers or plants (no gems or rocks) and insects (just crawling ones)
Fire sister may gather any gems, rocks, etc
I may also let them them visit the festival grounds once per season

I'll try to update and post better pics
Screenshots

Her smile was like a rainbow after a sudden storm...
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 2:09 AM
ok I restarted this :-)
In bridgeport! So far one baby!

Test Subject
#118 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 10:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TaleProphecy
I imagine it would be fine to make some small adjustments for all the new content that is available for the game. I made a few tweaks here and there myself.

That said this is the only challenge I have come across that has piqued my interest! I like the whole fantasy-ish..ness of the sisters.
I look forward to seeing how I manage them all and what the kids will look like.

Here they are if anyone is interested.

The house is fairly simple. I'm afraid I'm not much of a builder. This is the first lot I have ever made in the sims.
Though the pictures everyone posted helped me out a great deal in my planning.

Ok a lil off topic here (i'm still tryin to set up my game for this challenge) but I'm drivin myself crazy tryin to find the white hair on the Air sister. If anyone happens to know the name of it, who made it, or where I can get it, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm one of those people who will drive themselves crazy looking for something or trying to do something out of sheer determination (ok ok stubborness hehe) so I've put off tryin challenges for fear of needing an AA meeting of sorts before I'm thru.. til I saw this one & now I can't resist. But I find myself stopping setting up my game to look for that stupid hair...it's just hair! Sims is too addictive.
Test Subject
#119 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 11:09 PM
Hey! I've also decided to try this challenge. I haven't taken pictures of my sims in CAS, sorry for that. But you can have an idea of their aspect by looking at the few screenshots I've taken.
Do you think it could be added to the rules that Air could learn Science from books? I think it would be coherent.

Nuria, Fire:

Aura, Air:

Brooklyn, Water (and Aura at the left);

At the center, Maia, Earth:

Overview of the house (I could take more shots if next time I play):

I've already get Nuria to try a baby with someone (I've also chosen Riverview)

And, last, a picture of Maia gardening:

Test Subject
#120 Old 24th May 2013 at 12:21 PM
Default Errata for Seasons?
Hey! I'm currently working on this challenge for my channel, but I'm curious if there have been any new rules which incorporate the constrictions which resulted from Seasons? I've got the "Immune to Cold" and "Simmunity" LTR's for my Earth Sim, so she doesn't have too hard a time in the Fall, but once the snow falls it seems like seeds will be tough to find-- until I can get her "Collection Helper", and the ponds where she needs to get her Deathfish will be frozen over. Plus, the frequency of rain gets in the way of all the fishing I have to do.

Not complaining, just wondering if there are rules to which I can comply that have been adapted to Seasons.

Another question I have is (and I'm pretty sure I know the answer) the new Aurora Skies Premium Toddler items, or the Lullabies & Nursery Rhymes items are verboten, as well? I'm guessing yes, but I figured that I'd ask. Thanks! :D

P.S. Having a fantastic time playing this Challenge!! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#121 Old 31st May 2013 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IdrisBlue
Hey! I'm currently working on this challenge for my channel, but I'm curious if there have been any new rules which incorporate the constrictions which resulted from Seasons? I've got the "Immune to Cold" and "Simmunity" LTR's for my Earth Sim, so she doesn't have too hard a time in the Fall, but once the snow falls it seems like seeds will be tough to find-- until I can get her "Collection Helper", and the ponds where she needs to get her Deathfish will be frozen over. Plus, the frequency of rain gets in the way of all the fishing I have to do.

Not complaining, just wondering if there are rules to which I can comply that have been adapted to Seasons.

Another question I have is (and I'm pretty sure I know the answer) the new Aurora Skies Premium Toddler items, or the Lullabies & Nursery Rhymes items are verboten, as well? I'm guessing yes, but I figured that I'd ask. Thanks! :D

P.S. Having a fantastic time playing this Challenge!! :lovestruc

I'm playing this game as well, and what I've done with Seasons for this game is shorten fall to about 2 days and get rid of winter completely. Otherwise, it's super annoying. If you want to have those seasons, at least try and make them shorter. Or, you can encorporate only being able to make ambrosia in the spring and summer and therefore having to harvest and fish in bulk before hand. Adds a different challenge. Hope this helped!
Test Subject
#122 Old 31st May 2013 at 7:19 PM
Snow days
My child sim aged up on a friday and then had 2 snow days, she only went to school for one day and aged up with a B

does this still count as a failure ??????!?!?!?!?!?
Test Subject
#123 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by d3df
My child sim aged up on a friday and then had 2 snow days, she only went to school for one day and aged up with a B

does this still count as a failure ??????!?!?!?!?!?

Like I said just one post up, I would consider removing winter from the cycle if you are playing this challenge. Also, I modified some of the rules to be more playable. You can see those rules and also the game I'm currently playing over here.

I've adopted a point system as opposed to an immediate fail system. It seems to be more enjoyable. It's up to you! Good luck playing!
Test Subject
#124 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Slytherella
I'm playing this game as well, and what I've done with Seasons for this game is shorten fall to about 2 days and get rid of winter completely. Otherwise, it's super annoying. If you want to have those seasons, at least try and make them shorter. Or, you can encorporate only being able to make ambrosia in the spring and summer and therefore having to harvest and fish in bulk before hand. Adds a different challenge. Hope this helped!

Thanks so much for your help!!! I'm thinking that I'll probably get rid of Winter completely. People seem to be loving this challenge, so even if I fail I'll probably just keep on going-- but I'd rather not fail at all :D
Test Subject
#125 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IdrisBlue
Thanks so much for your help!!! I'm thinking that I'll probably get rid of Winter completely. People seem to be loving this challenge, so even if I fail I'll probably just keep on going-- but I'd rather not fail at all :D

Totally agree! That's why I adapted the game into a point system instead of a fail system. I have the rules and responsibilities written out over on another site. You can find it if you click here. Those rules are attached to the game I'm playing in the same thread. Stop by and read if you'd like.

These are my girls, if anyone is interested.

Page 5 of 9