Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2010 at 12:41 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Pets
Default Alright, I have a problem
I know this doesn't belong here, but there's no section in the help section for this.

I'm doing a legacy challenge, and my legacy founder is still in college. I wanted him in the secret society, so I made friends with 3 people from SS, they took me away, ect.

Well, now I guess I live at SS. My funds went up, I have build/buy mode options open. When I click on the phone to go home, it won't let me.

What's going on?

In a society that has abolished all adventure, the only adventure left is to abolish that society. - Anonymous graffiti
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th May 2010 at 1:13 AM
I never played Uni though it was installed, the only thing I could find is that you could force error the Sim by choosing Reset but I don't know how that will affect your sim still being accepted into the Secret Society.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th May 2010 at 2:41 AM
The secret society household has its own family funds (@ ยง35K), so that is not indicative of an error in your game. I'm not sure what you mean about build/buy mode: you're not in live mode at all (problem) or you can enable build/buy on the secret society lot (normal behavior).

Not being able to use the phone to go home is a problem. Please work through the Game Help:Game Problemwiki FAQ and report your results.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th May 2010 at 3:12 AM
What heartichokes meant by build/buy is that they have those options all enabled unlike the options in the dorms, with some grayed out.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
transmogrified
retired moderator
#5 Old 29th May 2010 at 4:31 AM
Okay, then for clarity: the secret society is a separate lot from any given member's dorm. It comes with its own household fund of several thousand simoleons (which your member Sim can use while on the lot; however, any money your Sim uses will not be replaced). Like a rental house, the secret society lot has build and buy mode fully enabled. Therefore, heartichokes' only problem would appear to be the phone glitch that is preventing the Sim from returning to its dorm. The game problem FAQ should help.