Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:26 PM
Sims 3 Expansion Packs
Has anyone heard what expansion packs will be coming out for TS3? I heard something along the lines of paper-cuts... as in your sims can get hurt?

Anyone?

Thanks!!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:40 PM
The Sims 3: Paper Cuts?

I'd like to see something where people can create their own towns, with tools to make roads and stuff.
Test Subject
#3 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:06 PM
Haha, TS3; Paper Cuts! Sounds awsome xD

I am kind of hoping that they will ad new traits in their expansion packs and yeah... a town creator/editor would be nice!

I'm actually glad if they are doing expansion packs at all.. For some reason, I'm afraid they are going to offer us all the objects from possible stuff packs in the store, for a LOT of money... ^^;
Instructor
#4 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:30 PM
lmao!! Violence and death in a box! Hehehe..as much fun as it sounds..I am hoping for memories, aliens, pets and "stuff". I do agree a town creator would be good.

^_^
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:32 PM
I really would like an expansion that has memories as well. That was one of my favorite features of Sims 2. New traits would also be nice, as well as the ability to see inside buildings like the grocery store.
Instructor
#6 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:41 PM
With the town editor/creator they may just make a some kind of compatibility with one of the Sims City games like they did with TS2. Then hopefully give us a tool or some kind of template we can apply for the rabbit holes etc....

As for the next title I know there are a lot of joke titles that have been floated around. I did feel that the TS2 expansion names were very kind of dull compared to TS1 so who knows maybe there will be more humor in it. I really want some kind of University style thng back in the game. Along with more supernatural elements and male pregnancies again.... **crosses fingers**
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:06 PM
Yeah, I'd like town creation, and I thought I read somewhere that they were planning an expansion pack revolving around work, but I can't remember now if I'm just making that up.

Sim and let Sim...
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:08 PM
From the designs of the towns, I don't think there's any way for them to make it so we make them in any version of the SimCity games, Sidheed. It's just too complex for that.

I'd imagine something will open up the rabbit holes for us at some point, and I'd love to see more collectables.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:09 PM
I'm really hoping the first expansion adds something new. Sure, add in old features eventually, but I want to see new ideas that fit with the new game that wouldn't've worked in the old.

I'm loving Sims 3. It's fantastic. Even better than I was expecting. I want to see that same kind of fun from an expansion.
Instructor
#10 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:53 PM
Yeah, something new that blended with the new features would be great. And add more traits! What do you guys think about an expansion that added a whole new separate "town" that your sims from your first town could explore. Almost like the University/Vacation expansions but with the seamless town feature? The more I think about it the better it sounds Make the airport part of the experience, so your sims are actually spending 3 or 4 hours on a plane while the second "town" loads lmao.

But some amusement park kind of expansion pack would rock too. Would love to see one of my sims in particular puking his guts out on a speeding upside down roller coaster. >
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 12:09 AM
My like a Pets!
Instructor
#12 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 5:09 AM
hmm, i like pets too. ok i saw this one somewhere. don't know if its true

Quote:
First Seventeen Sims 3 Expansion Packs Announced
With so many exciting details emerging, it was easy to miss Maxis' confirmation that the first seventeen expansion packs for Sims 3 are in the works. While the specifics of each expansion are still under wraps, we did manage to uncover a few of the packs' titles:

Sims 3: Dog Houses!, Sims 3: More Yawning Animations, Sims 3: Mexican Soap Opera Costumes, Sims 3: Slightly Racist Thought Bubbles, Sims 3: Nonstop Compulsive Texting, Sims 3: More Dog Houses!, Quake V, Sims 3: Home Mortgage Crisis, Sims 3: Papercuts, and Sims 3: Jokes For Your Sims That Go Absolutely Nowhere.

yup! looks like your paper-cuts would be an expansion.
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 5:20 AM
Hmm I wonder what Quake V entails...... Weather maybe? I hope so. Home Mortgage Crisis could be interesting as well. I am wondering what kind of stuff packs they might do. I was a big fan of the holiday one, but always had a tendency of keeping the decorations up haha. Papercuts will also be pretty cool, especially if it is getting injured verse some sort of school or office thing.
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 5:22 AM
I certainly won't be buying any of the expansion packs. The only reason I play Sims is so that I can create things for the game......and with no BodyShop, Homecrafter, or SimsPE, the game is simply not worth playing at all. It was a huge waste of my money!
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 5:25 AM
I expect to see most of the old EPs remade, or at least most of the features from 2 brought back in some combination. I could happily do without having witches and strays running around again though. I don't find myself missing vacation either.

If they do an entirely new EP I think it will be neighborhood-centric. Adding more neighborhood customization, new rabbit-hole buildings, terrain, jobs, locations etc. Hopefully the ability to play more than one family in a hood as well.

I'd love if they'd do one foccused on architecture and add some really new stuff for us as well as bring back the tools we had from 2. I'd also really enjoy some more complex interactions to allow me to tell stories better.

Don't be fooled by the name, I'm a girl.
Test Subject
#16 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 5:43 AM
Home Mortgage Crisis... so not only do you have to worry about your Sims up and disappearing when your families move away, but you also get to worry about logging in and finding out your house was foreclosed on!

There's enough of that going on for families irl... why don't they just call this "Sims 3: Reality Check", screw up the economy, put your simmies out of work and open up a public assistance community lot and low income housing projects in the game too. The more I read, the more I want to just huggle my S2 simmies and pretend S3 doesn't exist. :P
Banned
#17 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:23 AM
Sims 3 University please.
Test Subject
#18 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 4:55 AM
careers:vampires,vampire hunters,Farmer,animal trainer,Painter,zoo jobs, Hair:very long hair both male and female,wave and curly hair for male and female,animal ear hair,spikey hair, Pets:lions,dogs,wolfs,cats,pigs,panda,snakes,bats,vampire bats,bunny,rabbits,rats,lizards,horses,goats,sheep,penguins,MONKEY,MEERKATS I love them most,Raccoon,Bears,Weasel,Squirrel,flying squirrels,turtles,Cows,Silkworms,Ostriches,Ducks,Chickens,Birds of Prey, New Deaths By:animal attacks,fall out window, Clothing:more gothic wear,Lots of vampire wear,Leather wear,More baby clothing, New things Pets do:drag their but cross rug,beg for food, New shops: pet shops,Dvd rental stores,Store that sell rings,earrings,nose rings,bracelets,promise rings,best friend neckless,Shop paints your nails,toy shop,Baby items shop,card shop,game shop, new gentics: (Ears fox,elf,cat,sheep,bunny,Tails big and small fox,bunny,cat,Nails long animal, Teeth long Or small vampire,Miss teeth or tooth, sims:being vampire,zombie,werewolf,big foot,plantsim,grim reaper,) New Traits: Shy,meat eater (only eat meat),winner,night owl,more crazy traits,pigpen,lazy,fire bug,nosie,hates bugs,packrat,not handy,someone who like to shop a lot, More lifetime wishes: raise 10 animals,turn 20 sims into (vampire, werewolf,plantsim or zombie),kill 15 (vampire, werewolf,or zombies,) Sims:Zombie, bigfoot and werewolf(ate meat only and starving it will eat a sim,)vampire or vampire bat(can turn or drank blood for food,)
Instructor
#19 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:26 AM
I'd like a chest that holds collectibles please...(I don't ask for much, lol)
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:42 AM
I was playing the sims 3 today, and my main sim is a musician, and I was just thinking how cool it would be if someone made a game (with a similar build to the sims) about being a musician, making connections, going on tours, and working your way towards world domination, etc... I would play that game. =)

As for the sims 3 expansions, well, I'd really just like more instruments and to be able to have a concert. Like just go to the bistro and play a gig outside... or invite folks over to my sweet house to have a concert. That's stuff I do in real life, so the fact that it's not in the sims is more of a personal beef than some oversight on Maxis' part... but still, it'd be cool, eh?

Oh and to see inside stores and hospitals, etc! I really feel like they could have done this if they spent more time on it.
Inventor
#21 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:46 AM
I want pets, servos, and vampires back!
How about a Sims Creature Pack? :o
Test Subject
#22 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:12 AM
I like a lot of the ideas. I'd really like to see more collectibles, "monsters" (vampires, werewolves, aliens, ect.), more shoes, new talents, and some hobbies (knitting, sewing, and more stuff like that).

I would really like to see the inside of places, half walls, pets, vacationing, buisnesses... Stuff I'm used to and want back!

But I'm glad that they didn't bog us down with to much. The Sims 3 is so different from 2, that I think if they put to much in, it would just be overwhelming.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by catnip834
careers:vampires,vampire hunters,Farmer,animal trainer,Painter,zoo jobs, Hair:very long hair both male and female,wave and curly hair for male and female,animal ear hair,spikey hair, Pets:lions,dogs,wolfs,cats,pigs,panda,snakes,bats,vampire bats,bunny,rabbits,rats,lizards,horses,goats,sheep,penguins,MONKEY,MEERKATS I love them most,Raccoon,Bears,Weasel,Squirrel,flying squirrels,turtles,Cows,Silkworms,Ostriches,Ducks,Chickens,Birds of Prey, New Deaths By:animal attacks,fall out window, Clothing:more gothic wear,Lots of vampire wear,Leather wear,More baby clothing, New things Pets do:drag their but cross rug,beg for food, New shops: pet shops,Dvd rental stores,Store that sell rings,earrings,nose rings,bracelets,promise rings,best friend neckless,Shop paints your nails,toy shop,Baby items shop,card shop,game shop, new gentics: (Ears fox,elf,cat,sheep,bunny,Tails big and small fox,bunny,cat,Nails long animal, Teeth long Or small vampire,Miss teeth or tooth, sims:being vampire,zombie,werewolf,big foot,plantsim,grim reaper,) New Traits: Shy,meat eater (only eat meat),winner,night owl,more crazy traits,pigpen,lazy,fire bug,nosie,hates bugs,packrat,not handy,someone who like to shop a lot, More lifetime wishes: raise 10 animals,turn 20 sims into (vampire, werewolf,plantsim or zombie),kill 15 (vampire, werewolf,or zombies,) Sims:Zombie, bigfoot and werewolf(ate meat only and starving it will eat a sim,)vampire or vampire bat(can turn or drank blood for food,)

The Sims 3: Spelling and Grammar Check
Check is out... we can even tack magic onto this one.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Let_Simmer
Yeah, I'd like town creation, and I thought I read somewhere that they were planning an expansion pack revolving around work, but I can't remember now if I'm just making that up.

I don't think you are making that up... I remember seeing that one myself on here

EDIT: The idea entitled "The Sims 3: Papercuts" was a part of some article that was simply pulling fake Sim titles outta their asses :P, which I'm sure you guys could've figured out by now, but just in case...

Also, I believe EAxis has proven that they can't figure out how to make a good "pets" EP. Time to stop trying.
Test Subject
#25 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:38 AM
Quote:
With so many exciting details emerging, it was easy to miss Maxis' confirmation that the first seventeen expansion packs for Sims 3 are in the works. While the specifics of each expansion are still under wraps, we did manage to uncover a few of the packs' titles: Sims 3: Dog Houses!, Sims 3: More Yawning Animations, Sims 3: Mexican Soap Opera Costumes, Sims 3: Slightly Racist Thought Bubbles, Sims 3: Nonstop Compulsive Texting, Sims 3: More Dog Houses!, Quake V, Sims 3: Home Mortgage Crisis, Sims 3: Papercuts, and Sims 3: Jokes For Your Sims That Go Absolutely Nowhere.

You guys know this is a joke...right?
Page 1 of 2