Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2023 at 6:32 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 10th Dec 2023 at 6:46 PM.
Default Reliving Worlds Release Timeline (Got Questions)
So I decided that maybe it be fun to replay everything in the order every world and the orders packs be released (since playing full game at times can be overwhelming and other pack features distracted when you trying to explore particular one). And with that, I wanna play the game by installing one expansion, stuff and downloaded world at a time So with that, I got a few questions:
  1. One thing I don't like, how cross expansion packs force to plot down a venue in an unrelated new save world (like elixir shop in sunset valley or performance venues in Late Nate amongts many clubs). I think I would enjoy playing with just one save (with Nrass Traveller send a new generation to explore a different expansion pack) oppose to starting a new game everytime. The question would be: If i play a game in sunset valley, then Nrass Travel to X world, does the world get lots replaced with those of other expansion packs, or do they not (e.g. will Twinbrook and Isla Paradiso in Sunset Valley get festival park automatically if I install respectively Seasons in order?)
  2. Is there a tracked/recorded list of downloadable store worlds alongside expansions?
  3. Are there any downloads/mods/hacks/fixes what I should look into (care to link) when starting these type of play (like bloat prevention, I do consider world.package files of routing change up to prevent tantrum) ? Where can do I find these fixed world templates?
[*]Got any recommendations how to play this game style out? I have thought installing stuff packs once I tried out every object before getting bored of it and feel ready to move to next EP. As for downloadable worlds, I'm not sure when I should decide to play them through, because not each one as good sufficient premium content. Should I maybe play Riverview and Barnacle Bay as vacationing spots to... well vacation? With Midnight Hellow, I can set a goal like purchase and run every real estate shop/business store thing, but I can't think of a good reason to when and why I should switch to those worlds (or maybe with traveller that has business outside their home world be invested in the store's world corresponding special advertised venue in between packs or the generation that has a spare said unemployeed Sim to partake in the lot's management ) Since Riverview, Barnacle Bay and Hidden Springs doesn't come with special lots, is there anything I could do with them aside from seeking to collect every commercial lot as owned real estate?

Thank you for the time and any help is appreciated

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Dec 2023 at 8:06 PM
I haven't had Traveller throw in the expansion lots but you can edit the worlds to bulldoze them.

One thing to keep in mind that unless you delete them, Traveller will keep a copy of all of the worlds you have played in. Like if you move on to Twinbrook, it will keep a copy of Sunset Valley just as you left it so you can come back and visit.

To add an idea for store worlds, there were a couple expansions that didn't add a new world, Generations and Seasons off the top of my head, and then there are the expansions that only added the sub worlds (like the three vacations for Adventures). Maybe use the store worlds for those? But yeah, some of the store worlds were just different looking with a touch of premium content.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Dec 2023 at 9:00 PM
I know I coulld bulldoze them, but that wouldn’t revert them to the reverts they were without other expansions.

I’m only curious of the lots are not changed that to other expansions in the single save that I travel across worlds as I install the lots (dunno if Late Night generates, but I wonder if it will get the firestation and salon after its installed as an example (though I doubt it does have room for those, so that specif doesnt apply).

I mean, yeah I could incorperate Seasons and Generation, but those packs dont have specific goal to offer, and if playing in strict order, there are worlds before those packs so I most likely will play Generations In Apallosa Planes and Seasons with Moonlight falls or the towns before (possibly adjastent to downloadable). I think I can just skip Sunset Valley (as I had played it hundred of times) and Jump immediately to Riverview.

Instructor
#4 Old 10th Dec 2023 at 10:27 PM
I play an Expansional legacy, which is where I enable an additional expansion per generation of my household.
I also incorporate Store content and CC thematically rather than chronologically, because I found that it was more fun to use items that fit the expansion rather than strictly what had been released at that time. I even keep very exhaustive documents on what content I consider to "belong" to each expansion
But you can definitely do it purist and use something like this to use things in perfect release order.

I also started in Riverview And I did assign store worlds for the expansions without them- Aurora Skies for Generations, Hidden Springs for Seasons, and Sunlit Tides for the summer half of Seasons leading into University Life.
I wouldn't brush off those expansions so fast, as they really do have an amazing amount of content to them even if it is not very linear. Halfway through this legacy my save became unplayable and my old laptop broke, so I started over from the beginning on a much more powerful PC later- and the thing I appreciated the most about starting over was the chance to take it more seriously and actually focus on seeing as much content as possible. All of the expansions have collections, skills, lifetime wishes and rewards, unique moodlets and events to see. You can definitely invent your own goals for what you focus on while you're at it.

Some suggestions based on my own:
Generations is the best time to have a family with multiple children, as the most content for them is now available. Especially if you don't do a lot of family play, it's at least worth focusing on here to see unique moodlets for things like being related to the bride/groom, running a daycare, etc. My heirs for this generation have two adopted children and one 'surrogate' (clone voucher ), while running the daycare and writing children's books. I think the Skylight Studio store set compliments it well, giving the kids the ballet bar to use in addition to the afterschool activity.
Seasons is a great time to revisit farming and make sure you've collected every harvestable, as it's a little more indepth to play with weather. This is also the expansion that adds aliens, so you can focus on them too! There are loads of store sets with holiday themed content to get into throwing themed parties. It's also fun to work existing challenges into the gameplay, like living off the land with no electricity. I do that for Pets, but I think this is a good place for it too.

Answers to some of your questions, though:
A. If you travel to a new world alone (with NRaas Traveler, select Travel from phone, remove all sims from the list of travellers, then click the checkmark) you can have a chance to do setup on the world before you visit. This includes getting the popup asking if auto-lots should be placed, which you can deny.

B. Here is a list of town release order.

C. I highly advise following the documented performance tips from NRaas: https://www.nraas.net/community/TIP...AME-PERFORMANCE
There is a link to Ellacharmed's world fix there, but a couple of warnings- make sure to install them BEFORE ever visiting those worlds, and do not use the one for Twinbrook (it is broken).
Most of the NRaas suite is essential for keeping the game healthy for long periods of time. There are also quite a lot of fixes out there on MTS that are expansion-specific, and some worlds are known to be more poorly performing than others.

I'd also recommend looking at the Sims wiki pages for each expansion / stuff pack to note down the features each one adds so you know what to thoroughly play with before moving on.
You can also use either the launcher on 1.69 or SimGameSelector on 1.67 for actually disabling the packs you aren't up to yet.

Anyway, sorry if I rambled! I've been playing this legacy on and off for about 5 years and the setup/rules/categorisation is as much a fixation for me as the gameplay itself
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Dec 2023 at 12:45 AM
Very useful info, thank you Will sure look into them. And thank you two for the answers!