Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#51 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 2:52 PM
I mean what are you clicking on in s4pe to edit the STBL? Also, at what point do you get the error? (As soon as you edit, when you save, etc.) A screen shot might help.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 1st May 2017 at 11:14 PM
I can't add the effect event to the clips with S4PE. I want to add an effect event for an animation with shower object, I can't add this event. Anyone can help me? I think event effect doesn't work but I'm not sure.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#53 Old 2nd May 2017 at 7:34 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 4th May 2017 at 5:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by thingol24
I can't add the effect event to the clips with S4PE. I want to add an effect event for an animation with shower object, I can't add this event. Anyone can help me? I think event effect doesn't work but I'm not sure.

Do you mean a ClipEvent? I was able to add one without an error. Which version of s4pe are you using, what's the CLIP version, and exactly (step by step) what did you do that didn't work?

Edit: Never mind, I think I see the problem.

Later edit: Yes, that's fixed but I need to make some other changes to the CLIP, then I'll upload it here for testing.

Yet another edit: Test version with CLIP fixes and support for more ClipEvent types - s4peV0.4.9-alpha2. Remember to use 7-zip. I've only tested adding ClipEventEffect and ClipEventStopEffect, so please let me know of any problems.

And again: I've removed alpha2, and an updated alpha3 is uploaded a few comments down.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#54 Old 4th May 2017 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thingol24

Thank you so much!!! I will try to add effects and then coment!!! Thanks again!!
Test Subject
#55 Old 4th May 2017 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Do you mean a ClipEvent? I was able to add one without an error. Which version of s4pe are you using, what's the CLIP version, and exactly (step by step) what did you do that didn't work?

Edit: Never mind, I think I see the problem.

Later edit: Yes, that's fixed but I need to make some other changes to the CLIP, then I'll upload it here for testing.

Yet another edit: Test version with CLIP fixes and support for more ClipEvent types - s4peV0.4.9-alpha2. Remember to use 7-zip. I've only tested adding ClipEventEffect and ClipEventStopEffect, so please let me know of any problems.

Hi again, now I can save the parameters in S4PE but I'm not sure what I need to put in the fields because are not the same that S4S. I downloaded an example of animation for shower and the fields are differents, I'm not sure what I need to put.

The ActorNameHash are same in both programs (S4S & S4PE) but then in S4S give me two fields differents, "Bone Name" and "Bone Name Hash" and in S4PE give me "slot name" and "slot name hash", also in S4S I have field with "slot name" but there isn't any field with "slot name hash", so I'm lost.

I attached a file with an example of animation for shower of game if you want to look it. I can't open the clip event effect with S4PE that you sent me but I can do it with S4S.

PS: In anyway, thank you so much for your time!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  example_shower_animation.zip (876 Bytes, 25 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#56 Old 4th May 2017 at 4:56 PM
I'm not that familiar with animations so about all I can tell you is that 'slot' and 'bone' mean the same thing here, so Bone Name/Bone Name Hash should be the same as Slot Name/Slot Name Hash. Possibly the 'Slot Name' in S4S is the same as 'Effect Name' in s4pe. (Most of the field naming was done before I started working on s4pe so I don't know where all of them came from.) If you could let me know or upload a screenshot of S4S with this same shower CLIP open maybe I can try to make the names more compatible.

In looking at the package you uploaded, I see that the Effect event doesn't have the same format as all the Effect Events I've seen in the TS4 game packages. The game Effect events have 16 bytes in the UnknownBytes array while your CLIP has 8. This was causing the error. I've modified s4pe to be more flexible and able to read and modify your CLIP and uploaded it here as s4pe_V0.4.9-alpha3.

Does it work in the game? If not, possibly that apparently non-standard format could be the reason.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  s4pe_V0.4.9-alpha3.7z (1.61 MB, 56 downloads) - View custom content

Test Subject
#57 Old 4th May 2017 at 5:31 PM Last edited by thingol24 : 4th May 2017 at 6:00 PM.
I'm not that familiar with animations so about all I can tell you is that 'slot' and 'bone' mean the same thing here, so Bone Name/Bone Name Hash should be the same as Slot Name/Slot Name Hash. Possibly the 'Slot Name' in S4S is the same as 'Effect Name' in s4pe. (Most of the field naming was done before I started working on s4pe so I don't know where all of them came from.) If you could let me know or upload a screenshot of S4S with this same shower CLIP open maybe I can try to make the names more compatible.

In looking at the package you uploaded, I see that the Effect event doesn't have the same format as all the Effect Events I've seen in the TS4 game packages. The game Effect events have 16 bytes in the UnknownBytes array while your CLIP has 8. This was causing the error. I've modified s4pe to be more flexible and able to read and modify your CLIP and uploaded it here as s4pe_V0.4.9-alpha3.

Does it work in the game? If not, possibly that apparently non-standard format could be the reason.

Once again, thank you so much!! I will try with s4pe_V0.4.9-alpha3. But here a image with the parameters in S4S and S4PE:

S4S
http://imgur.com/IYFIkw2

S4PE
http://imgur.com/K9gXJPf

PS: And as you said, maybe the SlotName and EffectName are flipped.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#58 Old 4th May 2017 at 6:40 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 4th May 2017 at 7:36 PM.
Thanks! Looks like:

S4S BoneName and BoneNameHash are the same thing. I don't know why. They = s4pe SlotNameHash
S4S SlotName = s4pe EffectName
S4S Effectname = s4pe SlotName
ActorNameHash and Timecode are the same in both programs
S4S Header1 and Header2 = s4pe Unknown1 and Unknown2

As I said, slot / bone is basically the same thing.

The SlotNameHash is not a hash of the slotname so I think that's wrong in s4pe, and I'm going to rename SlotName - maybe to ObjectEffectName since they look like specific effects for an object.

As for SlotName vs EffectName - IMO the effect name in s4pe/slotname in S4S is clearly the actual name used to identify the effect since the StopEffect event uses a hash of it and they really don't look anything like a slot/bone name, and some of them start with 'fx'.

Test Subject
#59 Old 4th May 2017 at 11:59 PM Last edited by thingol24 : 5th May 2017 at 12:13 AM.
Thanks! Looks like:

S4S BoneName and BoneNameHash are the same thing. I don't know why. They = s4pe SlotNameHash
S4S SlotName = s4pe EffectName
S4S Effectname = s4pe SlotName
ActorNameHash and Timecode are the same in both programs
S4S Header1 and Header2 = s4pe Unknown1 and Unknown2

As I said, slot / bone is basically the same thing.

The SlotNameHash is not a hash of the slotname so I think that's wrong in s4pe, and I'm going to rename SlotName - maybe to ObjectEffectName since they look like specific effects for an object.

As for SlotName vs EffectName - IMO the effect name in s4pe/slotname in S4S is clearly the actual name used to identify the effect since the StopEffect event uses a hash of it and they really don't look anything like a slot/bone name, and some of them start with 'fx'.

Thanks for aclaration! Now I know what I need to put. So I tried again to add the effect but doesn't work yet... maybe is a problem that example animation that I downloaded, and maybe it's not correct for spray water (the effect that I want) But I detected something wrong with the parameters. In the "example animation" in "unknowbytes" say (Array: 0x8) but In my animation when I put all paramaters same that example, but in "unkwnowBytes" say (Array: 0x10) i can't change the paramater for 0x8... I dont know nothing about programming but maybe this is a problem.

PS: Sorry for my english.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#60 Old 5th May 2017 at 12:28 AM
That's the non-standard format I was talking about. In all the game effect events that array is 16 (0x10) bytes. I think you should add it with the standard 16 bytes and leave them all 0. Anyway in s4pe there's no way to change the size of UnknownBytes - I could probably give that ability but the way the CLIP events are set up I don't think it's supposed to be changeable. If you want to try I can upload a temporary version that'll give you an UnknownBytes that's 8 bytes long.

Does the example animation work? Where did you get it?

If you need more help with making this work, you should post over in Modding Discussion. The people there may know more than I do about possible problems. I'll look to see if you post there in case I can help.

Lab Assistant
#61 Old 5th May 2017 at 8:51 AM Last edited by TURBODRIVER : 5th May 2017 at 11:10 AM.
I am going to include some details that thingol24 didn't.

The example shower animation is actually a CLIP from the base game, but the initial package was made with the CLIP exported via S4S which had the incorrect length of mentioned array. The actual CLIP, directly exported from the base game package, has the correct length.
At first I though the flipped 'SlotName' and 'EffectName' had to be the issue, but the truth is that the example shower animation doesn't really display the effect in-game. I am trying to prepare a different way to test if the animations are working, a small mod for that purpose.

Thank You for working on S4PE! I wanted give you a small token of my gratitude, but I guess you don't take donations, I can't find anyway of it anywhere.

EDIT: I made this mod that replaces the shower (Post Modern Shower Stall) animation element and jazz script to play the 'a2o_shower_trans_stand_to_takeShower_shower' clip which contains the example shower animation effect and where the animation plays, the effect is not there. I think this proves that something more has to be done for the effect to be visible and your S4PE setup is probably right although I can't confirm it at the time.
I only know that I am missing something, but the fix for effect event in S4PE will be extremely helpful to figure it out, thank you!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  SHOWER_TEST_MOD.zip (4.6 KB, 16 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#62 Old 5th May 2017 at 1:19 PM
Thanks so much for the information; that clears up the situation considerably! No, I don't take or want donations but thank you. Participation and sharing of modding knowledge is all I want. A nice 'thanks' like you gave is appreciated too.

Thanks also for the test mod. If you do find anything more needs to be done in s4pe, please let me know. The CLIP is a complex resource and EA gave very little guidance on the events, plus I've never worked with animations, so I'm kind of in the dark.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#63 Old 17th May 2017 at 11:08 PM
Version 0.5.0-beta released. This seems to be in a perpetual state of beta.

Test Subject
#64 Old 20th May 2017 at 10:21 PM
Hi, is this program not compatible with macs? I downloaded it and tried to run the sp4e.exe app and when I click on it nothing is happening, it just creates another sp4e folder. Please help
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#65 Old 21st May 2017 at 3:53 AM
No, it's not a Mac-compatible program but may work with a Windows emulator. Sorry.

Test Subject
#66 Old 21st May 2017 at 4:47 AM
Okay figured as much lol thanks. Do you have any emulator suggestions?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#67 Old 21st May 2017 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LuvNSims2000
Okay figured as much lol thanks. Do you have any emulator suggestions?

I've never had a Mac so my knowledge is very limited, but here's some info: https://www.howtogeek.com/187359/5-...tware-on-a-mac/. You could also use an old Windows laptop or desktop if you can get one for cheap or free. And Sims 4 Studio has a Mac version and some package editing abilities which might help depending on what you want to do.

Lab Assistant
#68 Old 23rd May 2017 at 4:41 PM
This is not a real issue.

So I noticed that there was a change "Read JAZZ files as DATA", but in my mod there is a JAZZ file that is an XML file.
Now the S4PE preview looks like this : https://pastebin.com/5Bh1XqDe
I can still export and import the file without any problems so I don't know if this is intended or not.
I am not sure but I think JAZZ files can be both DATA and XML files.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#69 Old 24th May 2017 at 4:53 PM
The problem here is that EA apparently changed the format of JAZZ from XML to DATA in a recent patch. I see the same JAZZ files in ClientFullBuild0 in XML and in ClientDeltaBuild0 in DATA. If you're trying to edit a package using a custom or cloned game JAZZ from before the change, you'll get the error.

I do see this as a significant problem but it's more difficult than supporting a previous version of the same format. I'll see if I can get s4pe to pick the right wrapper depending on the format, and hopefully treat the XML contents of the DATA files in a more user-friendly way. Meanwhile, if you could tell me whether older custom JAZZ files are still working in XML format in the game, that would be helpful.

Lab Assistant
#70 Old 25th May 2017 at 10:37 AM
Yes, JAZZ files as XML still work. I was just mentioning that the preview in S4PE is not displaying them anymore as DATA files. That's why it's not really an issue, I was just informing you.
I hope they will keep working because I don't know what is the difference between a JAZZ DATA file and JAZZ XML file.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#71 Old 25th May 2017 at 2:39 PM
The DATA format appears to include the same information, but in DATA format (named fields with offsets into blocks of data) instead of XML which is much easier to work with. Ideally s4pe would be able to handle both.

Forum Resident
#72 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 12:18 AM Last edited by LaurellKH : 27th Jun 2017 at 2:46 AM.
This is a cute video https://youtu.be/mQOUBBwT0bY?list=P...og9LWRGgE0frhbz which would help people understand WHAT S4PE IS.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 12:03 PM
Hey! Just want to report that object type '0xB8BF1A63' is an XML file format currently used for ZoneModifierDisplayInfo objects (not sure if only) and it's not supported by S4PE 0.5.0.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ZoneModifierDisplayInfoExample.zip (569 Bytes, 29 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#74 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 4:11 PM
Thanks! If there are no difficulties, I'll include this in the next release.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#75 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 2:57 PM
s4pe V0.5.1-beta released. See the OP for details.

Quote: Originally posted by TURBODRIVER
Hey! Just want to report that object type '0xB8BF1A63' is an XML file format currently used for ZoneModifierDisplayInfo objects (not sure if only) and it's not supported by S4PE 0.5.0.

I added this as an XML resource, but was unable to find any in the game files so it's untested. If there's a problem please let me know where to find them.

Page 3 of 10