Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 10:32 PM Last edited by moveobjects : 7th Aug 2014 at 12:58 AM.
Default What is the deal breaker for you?
There are a lot of things people are disappointed/annoyed with in The Sims 4, no pools/toddlers, the bloom, the textures... But what is the deal breaker for you?

At first the deal breaker for me was the Origin requirement, but I (kinda) got over it. Now my deal breaker is the fact that your sim is born with a smartphone, but is not only this simple fact, it's just that, besides the annoyance of having every sim in the world using a smartphone (and that's a huge annoyance), I was expecting a game that had all those little gameplay details like going to the store and buying a cell phone, and things like being born with the cell phone, makes me wonder what other little things they will miss in the future, like no car animations, not sitting together for meals, lack of interactions between different life stages, and many more.

What about you?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 10:45 PM
That a mile long list of cut & crippled content has to exist so people don't get swindled by this overpriced fixer-upper of a jalopy.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 10:52 PM
Toddlers. I was still going to buy it until then. Everything else is just nails in the coffin, including this smart phone.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#4 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 10:59 PM
My deal breaker is how the supported rotational gameplay they promised but suddenly got real quiet about is handled. I am a rotational player and a game where my Sims live without me telling them to is something I am not interested in.

To a smaller degree: whether or not we get a CAW tool ASAP and what the first Expansion is. Sims 3 wasn't completely dead to me until World Adventures was announced.

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 11:09 PM
For a minute, I was going to get the game 6 mos down the road or when I see a sale, not because I can't afford it but to not give any this travesty the full advantage of me buying on release. I still love Sims game and was a little curious about T$4. After the embargo and information was released, my last hope about the younger life stages being worth playing was dashed. Also dashed my hopes they will include toddlers again. That was the last straw.

I will continue my fun with Sims 2 & 3 because I don't have the desire to be a milked cow again in this series. I am completely tired.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 11:35 PM
The deal breaker for me was realising just how out-of-touch EA is with their fanbase and how it is acceptable to them to provide less features all around for more money. If they will be so willingly obtuse and unscrupulous, I have zero confidence that the things many of us don't like in TS4 base game will ever be rectified.

That this game is not being delayed until it is actually finished is the biggest slap in the face to simmers I have ever known of, especially now that we know just how much content is missing or has been given attention to the level of a bit of duct tape and a prayer.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 11:37 PM
No toddlers. No toddlers, no TS4 for me. It really is that simple.
Instructor
#8 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 11:37 PM Last edited by Anshin Lanugo : 3rd Sep 2014 at 2:04 PM.
Deal Breakers:

MUST HAVE Terrain Sculpting - because the world isn't flat, and for walk out basements.
MUST HAVE Split Levels - to attach garages, build L shaped stairs, and of course add split levels to homes!

Not buying TS4 until Terrain Sculpting is back and cheatless Split Levels are added!
Here's an idea: Stairs Pitch Slider.
"...We've always been at war with EAstasia."
Scholar
#9 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 11:40 PM
One word. Amber. Amber is the deal breaker for me. No, not just her. Everything she symbolizes and what she represents.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 11:41 PM
While I'm still going to play the game and reserve judgement until after I did (well, I'm probably more "casual" of a Sims player than most people here), there are a few things that kind of nag me. Most important, quite strangely, is however the selection of careers. I imagine that having only silly or somewhat outlandish careers is going to be a major problem for me. Not everyone wants their Sim to be an astronaut or comedian or musician - the business career track at the very least is something they could have kept in...
Theorist
#11 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 11:42 PM
The price first off. I don't have that sort of money to "throw away" on new games. In our family we don't buy games until the prices have gone down. Secondly, it looks cartoon-like and unless it gets modded to look more real, I am waiting. I disliked Sims 3 for a long time until CC showed up in the community. Finally, I don't get the game play with this and I don't want WEIRDER stories--I want more realism-- so I will wait and see what this game is really about.

Monsterfurby--is there a link about which careers it will have in it?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Sockpuppet
#12 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 11:45 PM
I am disappointed with so many things, but still want to buy the game :cylon:
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 11:46 PM
If I hadn't already pre-orderd on Origin, it would have been the careers. The choices they went with for the base game are just...weird. I want my sims to be normal people sometimes.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 11:49 PM
Story progression. Everything else just makes it easier for me to pass this game by.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
The price first off. I don't have that sort of money to "throw away" on new games. In our family we don't buy games until the prices have gone down. Secondly, it looks cartoon-like and unless it gets modded to look more real, I am waiting. I disliked Sims 3 for a long time until CC showed up in the community. Finally, I don't get the game play with this and I don't want WEIRDER stories--I want more realism-- so I will wait and see what this game is really about.

Monsterfurby--is there a link about which careers it will have in it?

There is indeed - that is assuming that the Camp participants actually got to see a full list, but several outlets are claiming that was the case.

According to The Sims Legacy Challenge, it's:
Quote:

Entertainer: Musician/Comedian
Writer: Author/Journalist
Painter: Master of the Real/Patron of the Arts
Secret Agent: Diamond Agent/Villain
Criminal: Boss/Oracle
Astronomer: Space Ranger/Smuggler
Culinary: Chef/Mixologist
Tech Guru: eSport Gamer/Start-up Entrepeneur

Link to source

I guess the Tech Guru career could qualify as being closest to a normal business career, and Writer as well as Culinary are fairly down to earth, but... Secret Agent? Really? Space Ranger? Smuggler? I could live with the final level of the Law career being a super hero or secret agent, but having entire careers dedicated to what used to be a tongue-in-cheek little fun minor element seems a bit... silly. Also, what about normal cops, actual scientists? The astronomer seems to be more of a science fiction career, not a science one. This all just seems so extremely outlandish, the more I think about it the more frustrated I get already... and I'm part of the "wait and see" camp normally...
Forum Resident
#16 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monsterfurby
I could live with the final level of the Law career being a super hero or secret agent, but having entire careers dedicated to what used to be a tongue-in-cheek little fun minor element seems a bit... silly.

I have a very small hope that this is actually the case, that the Astronaut Career actually starts with your Sims being in the military and the agent career with your Sims being in the police force and that they just named the career after the highest job level. Even then things like Scientist, Business, Medicine and Teaching would be missing.

Mortimer Goth (a scientist), Don Lothario (a doctor) and Nancy Landgraab (a businesswoman) are already confirmed to be in the game, what, pray tell, do they work as now?

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Field Researcher
#17 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 11:55 PM
#1 - Toddlers. I love playing families generation to generation and taking over hoods with them.
#2 - Teens the same height as adults. Laziness.

If they had implemented both of the above properly, I might be more willing to check out these fabulous 'Emotionz' they keep going on about. But they didn't. And then all this other crap just killed it:

Teeny worlds, babies as objects, smartphones, no clothing/anything stores, and though it's not confirmed, the lack of Mendellian genetics.
Theorist
#18 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 12:04 AM
Thanks for the heads up. So, basically a lot of "weirder" careers.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#19 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 12:11 AM Last edited by FranH : 7th Aug 2014 at 12:41 AM.
All of it. You name it, that put me off.

From the Origin requirement all the way down.

This isn't a Sims game, it's a FB game.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 12:15 AM
They borked the life stages and cut the toddlers.
They cut pools.
They cut landscaping tools.
They don't even have a color wheel.
Weirder™ careers.
Emotions are not as great as they're making them out to be.
No more open world.
Fake homes/towns surrounding your neighborhood.
Not being able to customize the worlds/neighborhoods.
Consolizing the PC game.
Incoming micro transactions/DLC on steroids.

That's enough for me. Or I should say too much...
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 12:23 AM
At first I was irked by the lack of toddlers.
Then I was angry over teenagers (one of my favorite life stages) being shoe-horned in with YA, Adults, and Elders.
But I was really close to preordering and giving the game a chance until I found out about:

A) Sims are born with Smartphones.
B) Babies are objects
C) Lack of terrain formation tools, lack of split levels, no MoveObjects, and foundations are all or nothing.

"C" was a huge wad of "You screwed the builders" and I went off to buy womanly things like toner and nightcream for my face.

Thank you EA for saving me money and letting me use said money to make a lady feel beautiful.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Alchemist
#22 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mishkabee
Story progression. Everything else just makes it easier for me to pass this game by.

Story progression for me too. It was the Origin requirement until Gamestop had a summer sale on download games and I got the Command and Conquer collection for less than $10. lol
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 2:33 AM
Toddlers. I don't even want them in a patch or expansion either, the idea that toddlers were cut in the first place tells me everything I need to know about this game.

I'm sincerely sad about the Sims 4 you guys. It might work for others, but it will never work for me.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jssimone
Toddlers. I don't even want them in a patch or expansion either, the idea that toddlers were cut in the first place tells me everything I need to know about this game.

I'm sincerely sad about the Sims 4 you guys. It might work for others, but it will never work for me.

A lot of simmers complained about there not being much to do with babies and toddlers in sims 3.

Logical method of proceeding: We need to make babies and toddlers more interactive and give them more meaning, so they'll be just as enjoyable, if not moreso than their older life stages.
EA's method of proceeding: Ahh, screw it all. Toss toddlers in the bin and nerf babies. There, no more complaining.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 2:38 AM
Toddlers, but I think that if that hadn't happened, the object babies would have done it. I looove playing families and raising kids.
Page 1 of 9