Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 1:45 AM
Default I'm having a pretty weird problem???
So, yeah, I tried to mesh with blender to make an athletic top for ya females. I went to export as a sims3geom, just like the tutorial I was reading said, and blender crashes. Has anybody else experienced this or at least knows how to fix it or can tell me what the heck is going on?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th May 2013 at 7:58 AM Last edited by PlainOldGuy24 : 1st Jun 2013 at 5:22 AM. Reason: Use blender 2.49 and its tools.
Quote: Originally posted by imkrazy1000
So, yeah, I tried to mesh with blender to make an athletic top for ya females. I went to export as a sims3geom, just like the tutorial I was reading said, and blender crashes. Has anybody else experienced this or at least knows how to fix it or can tell me what the heck is going on?

I feel for you. After a week of fooling with Blender, I just tried without success to export an outfit back to CTU. There is a video on it but I have never seen any success. My guess is the tools are still unfinished. Last I read there was still a problem with the "Normals".

Update: I have made my first mesh with Blender 2.49 and CMO's tools for that version. It only works for the thinnest Sims because the clothes don't adjust yet for fatter Sims. But the whole Blender import / export works even if I depart from some of the Quickmesh rules. The whole LOD1_1 thing works with CTU too. I even found a way here at MTS to install the LOD3_1 but it's tricky and I haven't checked it in game until I fix the 1 clothing size only problem. I think the answer may lie in thin/normal/fat/pregnant morphs.