Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 4:34 AM Last edited by C.Syde65 : 18th Jan 2020 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Fixed typo.
Default WCIF a halter top recolour like this?
For those of you that don't know, on the front cover of the PAL version of The Sims 2 has a female Sim with a red halter top. The halter top is already available in the game, but it isn't available in this colouration, and I wondered if there were any sites that had recolours of the halter top like this already uploaded to the Internet, or whether someone that does recolours of Sims 2 outfits would need to recreate it. I don't have any recolouring experience of my own, so unfortunately doing this sort of thing isn't in my area of expertise. To help readers identify which halter top this is, it is the halter top that Jennifer Burb and Jenny Smith wear in The Sims 2.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 12:55 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 22nd Aug 2019 at 5:08 PM.
@C.Syde65 I made two quick recolors for you, one is more of a bright red color and the other one is more wine red. Hope they are close enough! You can download them over at my tumblr, here :^D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 7:22 AM
I haven't been able to check them in-game yet, but thanks anyway! :D

I think the one on the right is probably closer to being the right colour, though it might be a bit darker than the one that appears on the cover of the PAL version of The Sims 2. Either that or it may be the lighting of the pictures.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by C.Syde65
I haven't been able to check them in-game yet, but thanks anyway! :D

I think the one on the right is probably closer to being the right colour, though it might be a bit darker than the one that appears on the cover of the PAL version of The Sims 2. Either that or it may be the lighting of the pictures.

@C.Syde65 I see what you mean, so I did a third recolor. Perhaps that is closer! You can find it in the original post :^)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 5:57 AM
Would it be possible to show me a picture of the third one? I'm going to see if I can get my Sims 2 stuff installed on this PC, but I can't guarantee when since my copy of the base game isn't at my house right now.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by C.Syde65
Would it be possible to show me a picture of the third one? I'm going to see if I can get my Sims 2 stuff installed on this PC, but I can't guarantee when since my copy of the base game isn't at my house right now.

Sure! I’m not home until tomorrow though :-D
Forum Resident
#7 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 12:34 PM
@C.Syde65 sorry for the late preview, I've now added it to my post! It's the one in the middle.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 10:45 AM
Nice! :D