Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 7:29 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default my Sims are stuck on Axe Wood Campgrounds
so my Sims got some vacation on Three Lakes, and then I decided to put them on the Axe Wood Campgrounds (for a bigger nature experience and etc)

their 'vacation time' is currently finished but now they are completely stuck on the camping lot, I've tried going to another hotel but it says I need to get off Axe Wood first (since this is a free lot to stay, I didn't found anywhere I could abandon the lot), neither I did about getting back to their original location (their neighbourhood), and now they're literally stuck.
even tried searching on others 'stuck on vacation' threads but nothing solved my problem...

any ideas? how do i get off this place?

xoxo
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 9:01 PM
Click on the phone and see if you get an option to call the shuttle to go home. I don't remember exactly how it's phrased but that's where the shuttle should show up.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 9:49 PM
Use the public phone - it should give you a End vacation option.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 10:53 PM
It probably is just that you have not checked out of the campgrounds---so just click on any tent on the lot and choose Check Out. Then you can use the public phone to End Vacation or Try Different Lodgings.

Let us know how it goes!

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by natboopsie
It probably is just that you have not checked out of the campgrounds---so just click on any tent on the lot and choose Check Out. Then you can use the public phone to End Vacation or Try Different Lodgings.

Let us know how it goes!

it actually has none of these options, the public phone just says 'Go to...' and all those options to exploring the neighbourhood, but none to end vacation
idk if this is a bug, or if I did something wrong anymore
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Click on the phone and see if you get an option to call the shuttle to go home. I don't remember exactly how it's phrased but that's where the shuttle should show up.

Axe Wood Campgrounds seems to have no phones to end the vacation, I actually tried to make it 'Residential', bought a phone and then made it 'Hotel' again, but now i don't even know where my sims at and everytime I click on the lot it opens as a residential one, omg I literally think I've lost them forever
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dolcefroot
so my Sims got some vacation on Three Lakes, and then I decided to put them on the Axe Wood Campgrounds (for a bigger nature experience and etc)

their 'vacation time' is currently finished but now they are completely stuck on the camping lot, I've tried going to another hotel but it says I need to get off Axe Wood first (since this is a free lot to stay, I didn't found anywhere I could abandon the lot), neither I did about getting back to their original location (their neighbourhood), and now they're literally stuck.
even tried searching on others 'stuck on vacation' threads but nothing solved my problem...

any ideas? how do i get off this place?

xoxo

I forgot to mention, I've got them at these campings not as a 'first time check-in' but after they were ALREADY on an hotel, I used the 'try different locations' and then this happened, they're stuck
Forum Resident
#8 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dolcefroot
Axe Wood Campgrounds seems to have no phones to end the vacation, I actually tried to make it 'Residential', bought a phone and then made it 'Hotel' again, but now i don't even know where my sims at and everytime I click on the lot it opens as a residential one, omg I literally think I've lost them forever

OK, sounds like there's a couple things here. Most important, are you saying that you tried to rezone the lot as Residential while the sims were on it?

I think if you did that, you are going to need to restore from backup, because there may be no way you can recover that family. Even if you're desperate in the future, do not ever rezone a lot with a family on it, because there are no situations in which that can help; it's pretty much always going to make the situation worse.

If you didn't rezone while they were still there, then perhaps it's not too late to check them into the campground and check them out. But if you're saying you did rezone and they are nowhere to be found now, then yes, the trouble is now even bigger.

Have you checked the lot where they normally live (their home lot, in your main hood)? And also... do you have a recent backup?

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 1:36 AM
Don't ever try and change lot zoning while sims are on a lot.

If you have checked the batbox, the tents have no option and the public phone has no option you are left with two options.

I load the main hood and a family who knows them and try using a teleporter. From there move them in and then out to the main hood bin.
or go to BV hood view and see if you can bulldoze the lot they are stuck on. It should toss them out into the bin.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#10 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 2:22 PM
If you can open the neighbourhood with SimPE the fix is very simple, open the stuck family and change the 'Now On Lot' value to be their home lot then clear the 'Vacation Lot' value.
Regardless of how you move them Axe Wood Campgrounds is likely to be left in an unusable state. If so then create a temporary (throw away) neighbourhood and add Three Lakes to it. Open the new Three Lakes and move it's Axe Wood Campgrounds into the lot bin. Now you can bulldoze the unusable Axe Wood Campgrounds in your real neighbourhood (you'll probably need to enter the lot in buy/build to clear the lot occupied first) and replace it with the new one. Delete the temporary neighbourhood when you're done with it.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#11 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 2:36 AM
Bless you, Chris, that's amazing. I am so glad to know there is a way to fix even this sort of situation---and I imagine the OP will even be gladder.

A small suggestion to help make Chris' instructions even better: might as well make sure your replacement copy of Axe Wood is as clean and bug-free as possible from the start. You can guarantee that by getting the replacement lot from any version of Jawusa's clean and empty templates, here. (The templates for the BV hoods are in comment #7 to the download thread.)

Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 2:39 AM
guys i literally solved the problem, omg

i decided to delete three lakes from the vacation catalog and then opened my family, they were back, the only problem is that now they still have vacation objectives as their goal instead of the normal sims goals, like, wanting a 'x' job, wanting a kid, anyway, i'll keep you guys updated

thank you all for the amazing help and support on this bug

xoxo :lovestruc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 3:25 AM
Thanks Chris, glad there is a method that doesn't move the sims out or involve tossing all those BV locals out. dolcefroot I am only concerned that by deleting the BV hood that you may now have duplicate sims if you make another BV hood.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~