Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2024 at 5:49 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Modular Stairs meshes explode in neighborhood view
This is happening with at least two of my custom modular stairs (Chrissy6930's Mission Stairs and one of the converted stairs from Castaways). I'm building beach lots so the stairs are longer than usual. When viewed in lot view, everything looks fine, but when I get out of the lot, they've exploded like when a fat mesh goes wrong on clothing. It does not seem to happen if I don't put on the side rails.

Has anyone encountered this problem before and knows how to fix it? I've searched several forums and found no other cases.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Feb 2024 at 9:26 AM
It looks like the mesh with the railings is broken.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th Feb 2024 at 3:58 PM
I know I've had this problem before... not sure if there's a solution without actually editing the mesh of the stairs themselves. Using LazyDuchess's improved Lot Imposters might bypass the issue, though.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Feb 2024 at 4:26 PM
Could be an issue with the LOD that shows in the NH view (not sure if stairs have LODs? Or maybe morphs, for the railings? I don't make them so haven't studied the files much, but I'd think it's one of those).
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 18th Feb 2024 at 6:36 PM
Stairs render the LOD in hood via the shpe, they don't have separate meshes.

Edit: I just checked the mission ones in my game, and they are fine in hood view. Is your graphics card struggling?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Feb 2024 at 8:58 PM
tried the improved lot imposters. i could be doing it wrong or have a conflict, but it doesn't seem to be working. my graphics card really should not be struggling with this. it runs much more impressive games than ts2.

i'd never had this problem with the mission stairs before either. i've been using them for years. it's only since i used them for this extra-long stair down to the beach that it caused the issue.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 18th Feb 2024 at 10:57 PM
I had spikes on things right before my old graphic card died. Unless it does this for everyone, then I would say its your PC.
Try dusting out your PC/laptop, overheating can also cause things like this.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 18th Feb 2024 at 11:27 PM
Maybe a glitch from the stairs being longer than usual. Does it happen if the same stairs are used in a shorter format?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Feb 2024 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Maybe a glitch from the stairs being longer than usual. Does it happen if the same stairs are used in a shorter format?

it doesn't. that's the weird thing and why it's never been a problem before. i've got the same stairs at regular length on several other houses in the same neighborhood.