Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2020 at 10:04 AM
Default Please Heeeeelp..Problem about contents !!
Hello
I hope you are all in good health.

I am running Sims 4 in Origin platform. My all custom and many default content are not showing up in the live mode. But they all appear only in creation page.

Tried so many things to solve :
-Resinstalled Sims
- Downloaded new version mods
- Used Sims 4 Studio, Tray Importer, Conflict Detector, Content Manager
- Erased Sims 4 folder in documents file.
- Shut down antivirus software and windows defender
-Turned off and on Custom Content in options

Nothing changed. Got really mad.

Do you have any idea about whats going on?

Thanks for all your helps.

Keep safe..Thank you.

Edited Note : One Drive or any other cloud directory disabled.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 3rd May 2020 at 1:53 PM
Have you been running your game without gameplay mods? You have to treat content mods and gameplay mods differently. EA calls custom content mods, but I thinks it's counterproductive ... meaning it doesn't really make sence. CC is CC and doesn't usually need to be updated.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 3rd May 2020 at 5:17 PM
Did you enable mods?

Sims are better than us.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd May 2020 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Have you been running your game without gameplay mods? You have to treat content mods and gameplay mods differently. EA calls custom content mods, but I thinks it's counterproductive ... meaning it doesn't really make sence. CC is CC and doesn't usually need to be updated.

To be frank, I am not that much of game tech. But before I was able to play the game with all mods. It was like around 6 months ago. Just decided to re-play because of quarantine. Origin updated Sims 4 when I tried to load it 5 days ago. After that everthing became a mess. Since then trying.

For example : I can see and use all dresses in Sim Creation page. When I move in and get into live mode, maybe 6 or 7 dresses appear in wardrobe. Even default contents are missing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd May 2020 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Did you enable mods?

Actually yes...I've enabled them. Further to that, I always do turn off and on before I quit. I saw this advise from a website which says "Sims 4 resets its custom content condition on each quit"
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th May 2020 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by modranger

My all custom and many default content are not showing up in the live mode. But they all appear only in creation page.

Are you talking about CAS or build/buy or both? Are you saying a CC green sweater eg. can be put on your Sim in CAS and then when you go into the game the Sim does not have it on? Or there is a blue couch in buy that you place on the lot and then when you switch to live it is gone?

Perhaps if you post some photos?
dodgy builder
#7 Old 4th May 2020 at 9:54 AM
Find out what game changing mods you have and take them out. CAS and build/buy items should be kept in there to check if the game works better then.

Each time you do changes to your mods folder you should delete some of the cache files in your documents folder.

Instructions here
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th May 2020 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Are you talking about CAS or build/buy or both? Are you saying a CC green sweater eg. can be put on your Sim in CAS and then when you go into the game the Sim does not have it on? Or there is a blue couch in buy that you place on the lot and then when you switch to live it is gone?

Perhaps if you post some photos?

Hi

I am mostly talking about dresses and costumes. Yes..Dresses appear in CAS but not in the game.
Thanks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th May 2020 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Find out what game changing mods you have and take them out. CAS and build/buy items should be kept in there to check if the game works better then.

Each time you do changes to your mods folder you should delete some of the cache files in your documents folder.

Instructions here

Hello

I read the instructions. Accordingly, got into cache folder. There was nothing there. Anyway,I did erase the folders as noted in your web link. Nothing changed.Except the expansion maps. All dresses and costumes appears in Create A Sim but not in the game. There are total of 6 dresses in wardrobe.

As mentioned before, I even tried a clean way by erasing everything about Sims4 and reinstall. Also used other methods that were advised through varying websites.

Now I am planning to try an other way. I will go to my other computer which never had Sims4 and Install a fresh origin platform and sims 4 copy on it.

Please let me know if you have any further advise.

Thank you so much for your help
dodgy builder
#10 Old 5th May 2020 at 12:44 PM
Well, you say a lot, but you don't really say if you took out the game changing mods or if you have any. Anyways good luck.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 5th May 2020 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by modranger
All dresses and costumes appears in Create A Sim but not in the game. There are total of 6 dresses in wardrobe.

I do not totally understand what you are saying, and it has been a while since I played and definitely ages since I tried to have more than one look for a Sim, but I am guessing there can be only so many choices in the wardrobe, for each category. Everything in CAS is not going to show up in the wardrobe. You pick a second casual for example in CAS and then both will be in the wardrobe. And they will be the only casual choices there. You cannot go into the wardrobe and select anything that is in CAS.

Maybe I am not understanding what you are saying or maybe others can say more, but ATM that is the only thing I can think of. That you are trying to use the wardrobe in ways the game does not do?
Instructor
#12 Old 18th May 2020 at 12:44 AM Last edited by Pygsmyemm : 18th May 2020 at 12:57 AM.
Seems there's some issues with the wardrobe right now and CC for that not showing or they don't want you to use it so you'll use the games stuff but we'll see... if it's not fixed then i guess the latter, it's one of the downfalls of letting companies make constant updates for every update a few things break.

Some Custom Content you also have to search it with a particular keyword so go through your CC (i hope you've bookmarked the pages) and see if they've got any keywords for them and you can find them that way, if not try searching for the object, i would keep a typed list of the CC you've got for these situations when they get broke or something else breaks, also the last thing is Did you enter both the livemode and hiddenobjects cheats?.

Some people may have to type bb.showhiddenobjects first then bb.showlivehiddenobjects then go into the search bar and type ** and space, i know this is to show all the hidden objects but... people have found their CC also shows up with all the hidden objects i don't know why... but it seems to have changed that way all of a sudden. Then you click on the first and last debug menus because apparently those are the only ones that work.