Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2020 at 3:39 PM
Default New Sims 4 game
Hello, I am hoping someone can assist me. I have to download the sims 4 game an wanted to know is it possible to keep the sims stories I now have after I buy the new game I am also using a new origin account I had to make because the old account I can't access of the email address I used is not active any more.

Thank you,

Syetia~
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 6th May 2020 at 4:47 PM Last edited by Inge Jones : 6th May 2020 at 5:30 PM.
You can't play a game you started in Sims 1, 2 or 3 in Sims 4. You will have to start over with new sims and a new story. But if you mean they are already sims 4 games and you just needed to buy a new copy of the game they should work fine with it. I advise you to make a safe copy of your savegame folders just in case the new installation tries to overwrite them or something dumb.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 7th May 2020 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
You can't play a game you started in Sims 1, 2 or 3 in Sims 4. You will have to start over with new sims and a new story. But if you mean they are already sims 4 games and you just needed to buy a new copy of the game they should work fine with it. I advise you to make a safe copy of your savegame folders just in case the new installation tries to overwrite them or something dumb.

I know some that have played the same family through all four games, I propably would'nt even be able to play it for a generation. I spend more time thinking about what my sims should do, than actually playing, as I haven't yet got the hang of the game.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th May 2020 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ladiesy19
Hello, I am hoping someone can assist me. I have to download the sims 4 game an wanted to know is it possible to keep the sims stories I now have after I buy the new game I am also using a new origin account I had to make because the old account I can't access of the email address I used is not active any more.

Thank you,

Syetia~

You mean have those Sims/save be magically transported to TS4? Yeah, it doesn't work like that. Each of the four games operate systhematically on their own accords.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#5 Old 9th May 2020 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ladiesy19

Thank you,

Syetia~

If your old save files are on the same computer, it's merely a matter of copying those save files to a safe location and then copying them back into the new save folder once you reinstall the game.