Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2020 at 11:58 AM
A humble rant because I cannot change sims eyes
Like probably many of you, I have been playing the Sims since Maxis first introduced it. Through all that - 1, 2 and 3 - I have never been as frustrated as I am with Sims 4. With this one, indeed I have had many problems - some I fixed, some the mods fixed, and some appear un-fixable, but for some odd reason I play on (actually it's because of all those great mods that I survive!)

I've been playing 4 off and on since it's inception, but I cannot remember ever running into the following problem until earlier this year. I have a sim whose eyecolor I wish to change. I've never tried doing it before, so I guess I've never noticed before. I've changed hair many times, but not eyes. Never thought of doing it before - and now that I want to, I find that I cannot. I find that I cannot change certain parts of the face on any sim once it's been created.

Is this a new thing, or has it always been? I cannot remember such a problem with 1, 2 and 3. But maybe it was there and I just didn't see it.

I use to have hair before playing Sims 4. Now I don't need a barber.

Funny I say that. It appears hair is the only thing changeable.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th May 2020 at 2:10 PM
Change Eye color? You mean this?
Screenshots
Instructor
#3 Old 16th May 2020 at 3:10 PM
I've just tried it on one of my Sims with the mirror option 'change Sim' and yes, you don't seem to be able to change the eye shape or colour but you can change the whole face. The eyeshape gets changed with that but my experiment didn't get a change of eye colour.

Not sure why they did that but maybe to stop the pre-made Sims being altered or downloaded Sims from the Gallery. They probably have their reasons and I don't know what they are.
Scholar
#4 Old 16th May 2020 at 3:16 PM
Just turn on testingcheats and enter the cheat cas.fulleditmode
this will allow you to change whatever you want on an already made sim, otherwise you can't
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th May 2020 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
I've just tried it on one of my Sims with the mirror option 'change Sim' and yes, you don't seem to be able to change the eye shape or colour but you can change the whole face. The eyeshape gets changed with that but my experiment didn't get a change of eye colour.

Not sure why they did that but maybe to stop the pre-made Sims being altered or downloaded Sims from the Gallery. They probably have their reasons and I don't know what they are.

That's because you're not suppose to change biological features on a mirror for a Sim, which makes whole sense to me.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#6 Old 16th May 2020 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
That's because you're not suppose to change biological features on a mirror for a Sim, which makes whole sense to me.

The way to change eye colour, and I've just checked it is to go into Manage Worlds, chose the family Lot and the bottom left options . and Manage family then Edit. The family goes into CAS and you can change eyes and colours there. I've just changed my Sims eyes from blue to green. OK?

It might be different for Gallery Sims but I never use those.
One Minute Ninja'd
#7 Old 17th May 2020 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
The way to change eye colour, and I've just checked it is to go into Manage Worlds, chose the family Lot and the bottom left options . and Manage family then Edit. The family goes into CAS and you can change eyes and colours there. I've just changed my Sims eyes from blue to green. OK?

It might be different for Gallery Sims but I never use those.

I guess that's one way, I've never tried it. I find cas.fulleditmode much more convenient for any touch ups during play. Let's face it, what they look like in CAS doesn't mean it will look like that in live mode, so a tweak or two can make a big difference for actual game play
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 17th May 2020 at 2:03 PM
Another method, if you don't mind to use mod I recommend MCCC. It's a mod that works like Nraas Master Controller in TS3. you can toggle cas.fulleditmode on or off, that's mean full edit in CAS is permanent when you turn it on. Click on any computer in your game then Master Controller > MCCC Settings > Notification/Console settings > Enable full edit in CAS > Enable it. Now you wouldn't have an eyes color problem anymore when you edit your Sim next time because you can change their whole appearance like you were created in CAS.

Orrr I'll give another method and it's much easier. Download eyes color mods in face paints category. There's a lot of mods around here.

♒ Aquarius Sun, ♈ Aries Moon, ♈ Aries Rising

Sorry for my English :)
Instructor
#9 Old 17th May 2020 at 4:24 PM
I find it better to use the straightforward methods if they work already in the game.
Instructor
#10 Old 17th May 2020 at 9:15 PM
I'm glad i held off on downloading some Custom Content eyes then lol because i knew those are one of the things that are most likely to break same with hair, stairs, mods, functional objects and some types of decorative pieces and columns. In The Sims 2 i had a few hair CC but it just disappeared and stopped working soon enough so i stick with what's there. The best things that seem to stay in my game is flooring, wallpapers, windows and doors, i'm not sure about Makeup but i've never downloaded any before because i think TS2 had a nice selection. I try not to download too much CC either because it makes it harder to track down what's stopped working and i plan to make a list of the CC i have downloaded so i can look through it every few months or search it up if it has a keyword i just download what i really need for the game, it makes things SO much easier.