Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 10:21 PM
Default queeninthenorth: Caldera City
Hey all! Thanks for the invite to this group! I just started a new hood so this is perfect.

Caldera City is an Asian inspired 'hood, that was specifically made so that I could give Zuko and Mai from ATLA a cute house and a happy life. I'm a big nerd and was inspired to do this after reading a fic that treated Mai so poorly that I felt bad for her and decided to give her a happy life in my game.

I have no 'hood pictures because well...it's not that impressive looking tbh. There's a handful of houses and community lots and some trees. I named it Caldera City because it's in the crater of an inactive volcano and I'm super creative (and also, in the show, the Fire Nation capitol city doesn't seem to have a name)

Zuko and Mai are currently my only playable family, but I might add more if I feel like it.

Anyways, pictures!

Mai and Zuko. I wish I could find a higher quality scar for him, but ahhh well. This is a modern 'hood so I tried to keep in mind their original designs while updating them for modern day.

I made them both family sims, and Zuko's LTW is the marry off 6 children. Which is kind of annoying, but doable. I could have rerolled it, but I try not to do that unless it's one of the LTWs that just never happen in my game due to the way I play it, like the own 5 top level businesses one. That shit will never happen in my game lol.

At this point their life is pretty relaxed, because there's no babies yet. About the most interesting thing that happened is Lin kicking over their trashcan for no apparent reason. She hasn't even met them yet!
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 10:35 PM
EEEEEEE! I am squealing that you used TLAB as inspiration for your hood. Lin is not Lin Bei Fong right? That would be a weird timeline. But I could see Lin Bei Fong knocking over people's garbage cans in any case. Mai and Zuko are perf and beautiful!!! I loved that ship when I watched the series, how Mai didn't seem to show much emotion but the one thing she ever really gave a big damn about was him. Anyway, I hope You could stir up some drama by adding Azula, have her come in and light parties on fire or hit on unsuspecting guests and proclaim that if they get together they could be the most powerful couple in the neighborhood. I think Caldera City is a great name for the fire nation capital!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 10:43 PM
:lovestruc What beautiful sims! I love how they look.

And your interiors look great too- I'm going to have to seek out some of the CC you've used!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 10:47 PM
Oh yes! Your sims are very cute! Special..as in not common. I love them much.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#5 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
:lovestruc What beautiful sims! I love how they look.

And your interiors look great too- I'm going to have to seek out some of the CC you've used!

I second what Simsample said.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 11:23 PM
@charmful thank you! No, she isn't Lin Bei Fong, but you're right I can totally see Lin Bei Fong doing that. When I was making townies, I used names from Legend of Korra (there's also a Bolin, a Mako, and an Asami) and names of minor characters from TLAB (I think there's a Kya, a Kanna, a Jee, and a few others) plus random Chinese and Japanese names to name them so they'd fit with the theme of the 'hood. But of course, the game generated NPCs all have non-Asian names but oh well. I love Mai and Zuko as a ship too! I think I'm one of the few people who loves them together but also loves Katara/Zuko, but I've always been a multishipper. And I do plan to add Azula, she'll probably be an evil witch in my game!

@simsample thanks! I The house I'm using was built and decorated by someone else, I can link you to it if you want. It was meant for a medieval game but I updated it and redecorated a few of the rooms, so it's a mashup of my decorating and someone else's. If you have any specific questions about what CC it is though, feel free to ask. I love answering WCIFs.

@rosebine and essa thank you both!

And continuing on, Mai had her first set of twins! Since Zuko needs 6 kids for his LTW I'm doing 3 sets of twins because I do NOT want to deal with 6 pregnancies. I've done it before (when I decided to fulfill the "have 10 children" want in an ISBI because apparently I hate myself) and I am never doing it again.

Twin boys.

Roku, named after Zuko's great-grandfather, Avatar Roku

And Iroh, obviously named after Zuko's uncle (and my favorite character in ATLA, I named my cat Iroh!)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 11:36 PM
Lovely. Though to me, taking care of a pregnant sim means much less trouble, than taking care of a baby or a toddler..let alone more than one at a time!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 11:43 PM
@Rosebine, both can be really stressful! It depends on the sim for me. Mai, is an AWFUL pregnant sim, it's all I can do to keep her from dying haha. Her hygiene and fun were in the red the entire first pregnancy because it was all I could do to keep from her hunger, bladder and energy from bottoming out.

Also, if I want to post pictures from my legacy hood, should I start a new thread? I won't be posting any of my actual legacy family, because they all get posted in large updates on my LJ and DW, but I do have other families living there that I take pictures of from time to time.
Instructor
#9 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 12:54 AM
Oh My Gosh!!! I LOVE Avatar the Last Airbender (Way better than Korra)! Beautiful sims, and thanks for joining! I especially like Zuko :lovestruc ,even though he's kinda an emo The baby looks really cute, btw! Will you make Sokka, Aang, Katara, and Toph next?

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:14 PM
@emperor crat, thank you for inviting me! I will more than likely make Sokka, Aang, Katara and Toph. As well as Suki, Azula and Ty Lee. I already have eyes that will work for Toph, I just need to see if I can find a DL for Aang's tattoos.

Here's what happened last night in game.

Zuko dances. Mai is unimpressed.

Song here was walking by, so she got invited in. Zuko and Mai don't really have time to go to community lots at the moment, so inviting strangers in off the street is how they get to know people lol

Then I caved and called the nanny so Mai could have a nap.

And work on her axe throwing. I know in canon Mai throws knives and I did download a knife throwing station but I forgot to put it in before loading my game, so she is expanding her throwing sharp things skills to include axes.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:31 PM
*Gulp* Mai pregnant again? She's going to need 8 pairs of hands!

I LOVE Song!

at potty training face! I'm sure we had a thread on here for PT faces once- I know we definitely had one for pictures of feet. :lovestruc

Beautiful pictures, @queeninthenorth
Link Ninja
#12 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:37 PM
So is the third child going to be Izumi? I feel that Mai would be unimpressed at most things lol.

Instructor
#13 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 2:52 AM
Zuko's dancing ! Roku is soo adorable, and I can't wait to read more! (Finally, an ATLA themed hood)

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 9:38 PM
@simsample yes she is going to need 8 pairs of hands! Too bad you can't hire more than one nanny, but it's not like the nannies are very helpful anyways.

@charmful, the next set of twins are twin girls and yes, one of them is Izumi. I had to quit without saving sooooo many times to get twin girls haha.

@emperor crat isn't it hilarious?

And of shit look who is here!

Azula!!

I won't lie, Azula is actually one of my favorite characters. She's not a good person by any means, but there's a lot going on there and I find her fascinating.

This was the first want she rolled, I found it hilariously appropriate. (It's also probably because I gave her zero nice points)

Ok, so. I gave her Ty Lee as a roommate (and gave Ty Lee a pink braid because Ty Lee loves pink and this is a modern universe so pink hair dye totally exists in it) and this happened. I was not expecting that but I know that there are plenty of people who ship Ty Lee and Azula so I'm going to roll with it.

Ooooh what are you sneaking off to do there, Azula. (Also, Mai and Zuko were the welcome wagon. Zuko must have come straight from work because he is still in his dorky pirate outfit lol)

Putting soap in your own fountain. How devious. I think she's losing her edge.

Ty Lee talking excitedly about pink dresses amused me idk

Since I can't have Azula be an unstable power hungry firebender in TS2, I settled for making her an evil witch. She's about to cast my favorite evil witch spell on poor Zuzu

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

LMAO she is just sitting there with an amused look on her face. Playing Azula is going to be a lot of fun. Right now she is reminding me of an evil witch sim I made in TS3. She constantly challenged her husband to duels and would proceed to beat the crap out of him. It was pretty amusing.
Link Ninja
#15 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 9:42 PM
*Fangirl Squeal* I friggin love your AZULA!!! She's so perfect and mean, she too is one of my favorite characters. Power hungry and cold-hearted. I think Ty-Lee is a good interpretation as well. Got to get her body skill up so she can twist herself into weird positions!

Theorist
#16 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 10:00 PM Last edited by Essa : 14th Apr 2017 at 11:41 PM.
I don't know the show but I absolutely love your pics. Your hood sounds really fun to play.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 10:36 PM
@charmful yessssssssssss another Azula lover! I tend to like characters that aren't good people tbh. A lot of the time they can be a lot more complex than just straight up good characters.

@essa thank you! The show is fantastic, honestly. It's a kid's show but it tackles important topics like war, genocide, racism, sexism and death. Plus all the characters are well developed and complex, the acting is great and the animation is beautiful. The world building is also great, the creators put a lot of effort into researching the different Asian cultures the various nations are based off of. So yeah, kids show but there's a reason that so many adults love it. The sequel series tackles even more adult concepts but it isn't as good IMO. The characters aren't as consistent but I think it's because it's obvious the creators wanted to create a show for adults, but they couldn't seeing as the show aired on Nickelodeon.

Meanwhile, back at Zuko and Mai's...

Mai is such a good mom. I love her.

Poor Caramel. Who I don't think I had even posted yet. Whoops.

Iroh and Roku are behind that door which leads me to believe that the wolf just wants to get through it so it can eat them.

Birthday time! Poor Roku grew up badly

But Iroh grew up well.

More pictures behind the spoiler tag

Link Ninja
#18 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 10:42 PM
AGHH and they even have firebender golden eyes <3 <3 <3

Instructor
#19 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 10:55 PM
Than you for posting yet another awesome update! And I love your new profile pic. The kids look cuter than ever, and I love the pets! I'm glad Azula is back to cause some trouble She IS my favorite character!

Check it out ;)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#20 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 11:33 PM
Twin girls! Squeee! :lovestruc

Poor Zuzu with the bees! And that poor cat... I always love the pets' expressions when the toddlers get hld of them!

Lovely images, @queeninthenorth !
Theorist
#21 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 11:44 PM
Those children are cute like buttons. :lovestruc
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 6:34 PM
I don't know all that much about Avatar the Last Airbender and the sequel even if I have watched Avatar the Last Airbender, heh.

However I think your Sims are beautiful and I love how your houses look very appropriate I think.

I would go through and change the names of the NPCs and Townies, etc. in the game. That is what I did with all of the Sims in the Far East vacation destination in my 'Hood. I looked up Chinese names and changed all of the last names and redid the faces the best that I could. All of the Sims in the FE are Chinese.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 9:20 AM
@lordtyger9 that's a really good idea and I probably will do that!

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days, RL got in the way and the only sims thing i was able to do was update my legacy, which hadn't been updated since January so it was about time lol. If anyone is interested in that you can read it at http://thathorrorbat.livejournal.com it's the Blackmoth Legacy.
Inventor
#24 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 4:22 PM
Ah, I love this! All of your sims look so nice and it sounds like you're having a lot of fun with them. The houses are gorgeous! The bee spell was a favorite of one of my evil warlocks, as well. Also, it's very encouraging to see someone post about sims based on fictional characters and how supportive people here have been. I've had a few myself but I've always felt like it would be considered silly if I posted anything about them. Now I might be more inclined to do so
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by queeninthenorth
@lordtyger9 that's a really good idea and I probably will do that!

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days, RL got in the way and the only sims thing i was able to do was update my legacy, which hadn't been updated since January so it was about time lol. If anyone is interested in that you can read it at http://thathorrorbat.livejournal.com it's the Blackmoth Legacy.

I am always happy to see a new post of yours, doesn't matter how long you take to do one, just do one when you can.

I do Not like the default Names in the game. I don't know how much trouble it would be to create one of the Names replacement things that I have downloaded. I use the one created by BoilingOil I think. I do know that are several out there, or you could make your Own I suppose.

Anyway, I used Sim Wardrobe's Visual Summoner as it divides up the Sims nicely into categories and each of the Vacation Locals have their own section. Makes it very easy to find certain Sims in the game. I would summon a Sim and then I would use Merola64's MindControlMirror to make them selectable and then I used Christianlov's LastNameCopier to change their name. You could do it another way though.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.

Page 1 of 2