Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 12:43 PM
Default Strange rectangular land zone
Hello everyone. I have a minor problem with CAW: when I turn to "Edit in game" mode, a zone in the middle of the land appears like this:

as you can see, the coloring here seems a bit uneven, with square-y borders, and enclosed into a bigger rectangle. What I discovered, although, is that after some time (around a sim-hour) it solves all by itself:

becoming exactly how it should be. My question is: will there be any problems when playing? Any guesses? Thanks!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 7:01 PM
At least for me, there were a lot of wierd graphic issues in EIG that never showed in game, so I'm guessing it'll be fine. You can always export and load in game to check it out. I did that at least 30 different times as my world progressed. I could not build on lots in EIG without a crash to desktop whenever I deleted something, so I exported every so often. I was able to throw some sims in that way and test stuff as I went along, and then fix in Caw. The only time I loaded up EIG was to plop down lots I had built in game.

The red box looks like it might be a chunk boundary, odd, very odd.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by auntielynds
At least for me, there were a lot of wierd graphic issues in EIG that never showed in game, so I'm guessing it'll be fine. You can always export and load in game to check it out. I did that at least 30 different times as my world progressed. I could not build on lots in EIG without a crash to desktop whenever I deleted something, so I exported every so often. I was able to throw some sims in that way and test stuff as I went along, and then fix in Caw. The only time I loaded up EIG was to plop down lots I had built in game.

woah, I see. so I'm pretty lucky, I don't have to! Doing the whole town is so stressing... but it's worth it! =D I'll post picture asap... what's the better section?

Quote: Originally posted by auntielynds
The red box looks like it might be a chunk boundary, odd, very odd.

that three red lines? I drew them with paint. :D
Forum Resident
#4 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 1:36 AM
Ha Ha!

I thought "well that's weird, I've never seen that before".