Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

XCAS core mod: more tattoo locations, edit naked outfit, slider hack, body hair, more - update 5/23/16 Steam version added.

by CmarNYC Posted 15th Feb 2011 at 5:58 PM - Updated 23rd May 2016 at 3:53 PM by CmarNYC : Steam support added

1691 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1273 Feedback Posts, 417 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 13 of 68
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#301 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 9:38 PM
Hi CmarNYC,

the Tattoo Mod has problem with the Pet CAS.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#302 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Rookie
Hi CmarNYC,

the Tattoo Mod has problem with the Pet CAS.

Could you explain?
Lab Assistant
#303 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 3:23 PM
I try to explain this with help from Google.

If I had the tattoo mod installed, and then in the CAS on CAP "Create a Pet" change there is also the insertion positions of CAS "Create a Sim" is displayed.

Here are the settings for creating overlays of the animals.
Unfortunately I do not know how I can make a screenshot of it.

Greetings

Harald
#304 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 8:58 PM
Okay, that tells me where to look. I won't be able to test until Monday night, but I'll see if I can figure it out then.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#305 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Rookie
I try to explain this with help from Google.

If I had the tattoo mod installed, and then in the CAS on CAP "Create a Pet" change there is also the insertion positions of CAS "Create a Sim" is displayed.

Here are the settings for creating overlays of the animals.
Unfortunately I do not know how I can make a screenshot of it.

I'm sorry, but I don't see anything wrong in Create-A-Pet and you'll have to explain more or upload a picture. To take a screenshot, press the Print Screen button, then open Paint and do Edit / Paste.

Edit: If you need to explain in German, post it here and I can get someone to translate for me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#306 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 5:58 AM
I love this mod because it allows me to make sure my sims' naked outfits are actually naked (since CC clothing is often times badly categorized). Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#307 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 9:09 PM
Any update on the edit naked outfit capability yet? I've got these sims that insist on wearing clothing in the shower for no reason (and I mean none--no 'never nude', 'insane', etc).
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#308 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 9:55 PM
Sorry, I've been trying to finish up a couple of other projects but the end is in sight - fixing the Edit Naked is next on my list!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#309 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 9:43 PM
Thanks, no super rush!

I've been using naked clothes articles in the meanwhile. I sure wish I knew what I did to all of a sudden cause my sim to roll up a random naked outfit. Apparently, two even, since two show up in the 'change outfit...' dialog. lol
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#310 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by steadypaws
Thanks, no super rush!

I've been using naked clothes articles in the meanwhile. I sure wish I knew what I did to all of a sudden cause my sim to roll up a random naked outfit. Apparently, two even, since two show up in the 'change outfit...' dialog. lol

If you use Master Controller and enter Edit in CAS while the sim is naked, it can cause multiple naked outfits or nudity in one of the other clothes categories, depending on exactly what you do in CAS. At least that's what happens in my game.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#311 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 1:28 AM
Wow, thank you. This is all i have ever wanted a slider hack and extended slider range and skin picker in one mod. I like this so much, i am even going to try the hair and tattoo mods too. Thank you so much. I have tried awesome mod and master controller. Both great, but i just want a mod that increases the sliders and lets me pick my skin tones. So thank you ^_^
Test Subject
#312 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 1:28 PM
For some reason when I click on the naked out button the clothes and accessaries panels do not show up, and when I click the other clothes category panels after I click the naked outfit they don't show up either. Could you please help me? (Sorry about the grammar errors)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#313 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Treeman
For some reason when I click on the naked out button the clothes and accessaries panels do not show up, and when I click the other clothes category panels after I click the naked outfit they don't show up either. Could you please help me? (Sorry about the grammar errors)

Did you download and install the fixed version of XCAS I posted on 11/8?
Test Subject
#314 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 5:09 PM
Yes I did but not the XCAS extras, I'll do that now and test it later.
Test Subject
#315 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Treeman
Yes I did but not the XCAS extras, I'll do that now and test it later.

Good news, I have updated and installed everything and it works fine now.
Test Subject
#316 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 9:24 PM
Is any chance that you do some mod which one will be tattoo on full arms only?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#317 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 10:31 PM
I'm not planning to add more locations at this time. To look best, full arm tattoos would have to be made specifically for that location, which IMO can be done more easily using the full body tattoo location.
Sockpuppet
#318 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 7:44 PM
I'm trying to do a full arm tattoo location, but to add icons in the CAS UI seems to be a complex task.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#319 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kabuto
I'm trying to do a full arm tattoo location, but to add icons in the CAS UI seems to be a complex task.

Here's an outline of what you'd have to do in CAS UI:

In: .class public auto ansi beforefieldinit Sims3.UI.CAS.CASTattoo (class definition)
  • Search for Sims3.UI.CAS.CASTattoo/ControlIDs, Add ControlID definitions for your location
  • Search for Sims3.UI.CAS.CASTattoo/TattooID (right underneath), Add TattooID definitions
  • Add TunableAttribute definitions after end of "class TattooTemplateData"
  • Add values in CASTattoo::PopulateTunedScales
  • Add default scales definitions in cctor section after CASTattoo::remove_UINodeShutdown
  • Increment end of loop in CASTattoo::Init (IL_014a to include your additional ControlIDs
  • Add branches to SetTattooCam for your locations
  • Add branches to CASTattoo::OnNavButtonClickedHelper for your locations

Other tasks: add your locations to CASTattoo.layo, create button images, add the strings to the STBLs, and create the CASPs for the new locations. It's certainly not simple! If you have questions, please ask.

If there's a lot of interest, I'll consider full arm for the next release. I still think using the full body would be more efficient, though.
Test Subject
#320 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 12:54 PM
I use the Twallan version of this mod and I'm really amazed, I love the extra tattoo locations (now my sim can show her ass tat happily when going to the public pool. :D)

But I've encountered a little problem. The thing is, I think the naked "outfit" modification is really interesting, but I think Twallan's MC mod doesn't have that (or am I wrong? Couldn't find it anyways). Is there any sort of way to make this feature aviable while using the other mods?

For example, would it work if I uninstall the MasterController add-on for tattoos and putting your mod in? Or in the worst of the cases, could it be possible to add the naked outfit edit as a feature apart from the rest of the core mod so they don't clash?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#321 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 2:41 PM
You have a couple of choices:

1. Keep your current setup and use MasterController to edit the naked outfit. When the sim is naked in the game, the Naked outfit is edited in the Everyday category. MC has so many capabilities I'm not surprised you didn't find this one!
  • Get your sim naked in the game, either with a bath or shower or use my Get Naked mod which is on the adult site.
  • Use the MasterController Stylist or the Advanced / Edit in CAS option.
  • Go to the clothing tab and edit the Everyday category. The naked top, bottom, and feet will be in there among the usual Everyday stuff.
  • Save changes and go back to the game. Your changes to the naked outfit should be saved.

2. Remove MC Tattoo Extension and install XCAS core mod. The basic MC and any other extensions should continue to work fine, and you'll be able to edit the naked outfit in the dresser and stylist. (This is the way I have my own game set up.)

At this time my skillz aren't mad enough to do a non-core Edit Naked script, but it's definitely something I have in mind for the future!
Test Subject
#322 Old 25th Nov 2011 at 6:30 PM
I'm having relatively the same issue that Treeman is having. I have the new version installed, and removed the old versions. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - not quite sure as to why.

Sometimes I'll click it and the window for clothes will populate, but it's blank. Other times, it won't show up at all and I cannot select any other categories.
Lab Assistant
#323 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 8:30 PM Last edited by The_Rookie : 14th Dec 2011 at 8:42 PM.
Hi Cmar,

can you fixed the Tattoo Mod please.

a new update from Sims3 come today.

New Version 10.0.96.0140017 (1.29) <- in germany

Greetings

Harald
#324 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 10:26 PM
LOL, this patch took me by surprise - assuming it installs in my game without problems, I should have the new version of XCAS tomorrow or Friday.
Test Subject
#325 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 11:00 PM
Oh Thank you! I just had to uninstall and I am not happy about it (damn update);( I love this mod!!! You are wonderful.
Page 13 of 68