Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 9:07 AM
Default Writing Novels
I wonder if it would be possible for someone to make a mod that speeds up the time to create a novel. It takes an insane amount of time to make a novel and would love a mod that speeds the time up.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 9:19 AM
I do not like the speed up mods personally but can completely see where you are coming from with the request. It does atake a while!

I am just wondering though there are a number of different genres you can write for and I am thinking there seems to be some kind of skill requirement for them. Anyone know what they are.

Humor Seems to be Charisma unsurprisingly
How about the others?
Scholar
#3 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 9:30 AM
The only skill requirement I can see is writing. I have a sim at level 9 without any charisma skill and he can write humouristic novels. Like the guitar skill where you get new songs from level 5 up (and those you have to learn).
Instructor
#4 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 9:46 AM
Sorry i was not very clear.

Writing skill improvement unlocks the genres, but to write well in a genre seems to take other skills.

For example: Sims with high charisma skill write better Humour books.
Scholar
#5 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 10:30 AM
With one exeption, for writing children's books you need level 6 of the painting skill, the genres are not influenced by skills but by traits. There is a list in the Prima Guide.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 1:01 PM
Considering that writing an average novel in real life usually takes at least half a year, I think the speed is very accurate... Besides, you get an immediate response from your publisher which should be speedy enough.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 1:24 PM
CyberOps made one that speeds it up and increases the payout. http://www.sims2workshop.com/forum.php?c=25
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 3:20 PM
Sims with a "Good Sense of Humor" trait have the option to write novels from the very beginning, where most Sims have to wait a while.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 5:00 PM
Additionally if you are a perfectionist it will take longer to complete a novel. However if you spend your reward points on being an acclaimed author the payouts with these two together are alot.