Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 10:21 PM
Default Which CoD Should I get?
:howdy:

Should I get Call of Duty 2: The Big Red One (PS2) or Call of Duty Deluxe Editon (Mac)?
I have played the demo to CoD just now, and now I want to get my hands on a WWII shooter.

You already know what the PS2 has. But I only have a 14 inch TV (That I hook my PS2 up to), so the sound of CoD2:TBRO wouldn't be at it's best...
However, I could get the CoD for my PowerMac G4. My G4 has a surrond sound system, which will make the game more fun. The G4's two CPUs are both at 800MHz. I also have 1 GB of RAM and an ATI RADEON 9200 w/ 128 MB VRAM. So I should get a good frame rate.

So what CoD should I get?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 11:19 PM
COD2: Big Red One is totally different from COD and COD2. You can only play the American class. And the campaign is simple. Call Of Duty 2 (Regular, not Big Red One) is the best of them all.
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mod_bv
COD2: Big Red One is totally different from COD and COD2. You can only play the American class. And the campaign is simple. Call Of Duty 2 (Regular, not Big Red One) is the best of them all.

Yes, I know how COD2: TBRO is different than CoD and CoD2. Also, I know that CoD2 is the best WWII game you can get, but I don't have an Xbox 360 or Hi-Tech PC. I will get CoD2 for the Mac if I get one of the Intel iMacs.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 3:17 AM
CoD was an exceptional game, wether it's 2 or not.. I believe I prefer the original myself. I haven't play the PS2 sequel, but the original on PS2 was lacking with spotty game play imho, especially after having loved the game so much on PC... I believe I played the demo upwards of 20 times waiting for the original CoD release.