Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 8:23 AM
how can i make custom objects for the sims 1?
im just wondering, does anyone know how i can make custom objects for the sims 1? or does anyone have any links to any tutorials on how to do it?
i found on tutorial but it just taught me how to recolor a flamingo in the sims 1. i wanted to create custom decorative objects for the sims 1.
does anyone know how i could do it?

please help ♥
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 3:29 PM
First thing's first: Do you have Sims Transmorgrifier? If not, find it; you can't do anything without it.

I think (I never did this) that if all you want is deco items, "all" you should have to do is clone a deco item with roughly the qualities you want, and replace the mesh and texture with your own.

Making the mesh and texture are of course the tricky part. But learning to recolor the flamingo should teach you the basic skills that can be expanded into that.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
First thing's first: Do you have Sims Transmorgrifier? If not, find it; you can't do anything without it.

I think (I never did this) that if all you want is deco items, "all" you should have to do is clone a deco item with roughly the qualities you want, and replace the mesh and texture with your own.

Making the mesh and texture are of course the tricky part. But learning to recolor the flamingo should teach you the basic skills that can be expanded into that.

yes, i do have Sims Transmorgrifer.

in the sims 1, they use sprites actually. i tried cloning the flimngo sign and replacing it with a welcome to arkansas sign i wanted to make in the sims 1 but i was having issues with it.

here's the sprites for the sign:

but here's how it looked when i loaded it up in Sim Transmorgrifer:

what could be causing this? and how could i fix it?

if you need more information just ask...
Field Researcher
#4 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 9:15 PM
Yes, TS uses sprites, but those are often made from pictures of 3D objects.
...to be honest, you image might just be too big. Maybe it has too many colours (although it doesn't look like it). Is it the right kind of image file?
Simblesse Oblige had a lot of information, but we lost that treasure trove. Which tutorial have you found already?
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 11:21 AM Last edited by mixa97sr : 7th Dec 2018 at 9:29 PM.
The sprites in question have to be .bmp files. First make sure you have that. The other thing is a bit depth of the image. The editor I'm working with sometimes completely destroys the details or even whole color channel if the .bmp has more than 256 colors, so the solution here is to save in 8-bit depth, however you don't even have to do that and can just straight save with 256 colors (in some image editors this is available). This however is just the editor I'm working with and I'm not familiar with transmogrifier. I know that it works similar for sprite resource import, I have it on my PC but I haven't still imported anything.

So be sure to have the sprite channels be .bmp type of file and after that see what requirements are left for import into transmogrifier.

EDIT (because I forgot): Yes the game uses sprites, BUT all the sprites are generated fixed ortographic views of a 3D model. There is a blender template made by the devs of FreeSO that enables generation of sprites from 3D models. I don't know how skilled you are in the art of 3D modeling but I would certainly recomend it to anyone who knows how to make believable 3D models from which sprites could be generated.