Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Japanese lot set - Tea House

by kashinthegreen Posted 10th Jan 2006 at 10:04 PM - Updated 4th Nov 2006 at 1:31 PM by kashinthegreen

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 2:10 AM
It's so beautiful! Thank you very much! ^_^
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 10:02 AM
I tried following the links for objects and walls. Most worked, but not the last link under objects. Here is what I received:

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please post in the Site Issues forum or if the above link doesn't work, email us.

Here is the link http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=66431

Can you tell me what the object is and who it's by? I can search for it.

I'm not sure why the link will not work.

Thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 7:34 PM
Sorry, my bad

It's the screen from here: http://modthesims2.com/showthread.p...&highlight=sofa
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 9:01 AM
This looks wonderful! Please keep it up!!!

:salute:

Sincerely,
--CptSlinger.
A Not-For-Profit "Salvation Army" And "Toys For Tots" Resource

"Hard As A Rock And TWICE As Lovely!"

http://members.tripod.com/~CDGA/links.html#SIMS

:baloons:
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Jan 2006 at 10:24 AM
Wow.. Love the look. Good job Kashinthegreen. XD
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Jan 2006 at 4:02 AM
hi i saw dis community lot and though holy crap dats cool! den i installed it into my sims 2 game and wen i went into the game and clicked the lot icon, the game crashed on me. i was vry sad cuz i wanted to see the cool tea house. so do you kno why it crashed?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Jan 2006 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aznpunk92
hi i saw dis community lot and though holy crap dats cool! den i installed it into my sims 2 game and wen i went into the game and clicked the lot icon, the game crashed on me. i was vry sad cuz i wanted to see the cool tea house. so do you kno why it crashed?

This lot requires *all* EPs, that is to say both Uni and Nightlife. You cannot use an EP lot in a vanilla game, what you are describing is quite usual in such cases.
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 6:17 AM
Very nice looking. However, after downloading all the files you listed and installing your Tea house, I ran into the same issue as aznpunk92 did. This is evidently due to the fact that I only have EP1. I installed it because no where in your desc. did you specify that it needed both EPs & you did not have any check boxes checked for required EPs. Might want to provide that info in the future.
#10 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 7:39 AM
how do you remove the lot after installing then? I installed it and ran into the same probllem as thoth and aznpunk92
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 1:40 PM
kashinthegreen, you REALLY must edit this description. I mean this is just stupid! Several people have downloaded it and it doesnt work for them and you've still not done anything!?
Test Subject
#12 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 10:42 PM
That is a really nice lot, but I can not download it because I do not have UNI
It would be really nice if someone could make a shamisen so the geisha didnt have to play guitars hehe

-I have a bird that whistles and I have birds that sing-
Av/ByMe
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 3:38 AM
I installed it and it crashed on me in game, as the same with your other lot Japanese dorm, please do us all a favor and edit the description and say it's for both EP's. I don't know how to get it out of my game now and downloaded everything for it. Thanks for nothing...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 1:43 PM
Ok guys, can we cool it a bit....
When I first uploaded this lot, it did have all the info.

MTS2 underwent an overhaul since, and the way lots displayed was changed. *All* pre overhaul lots lost their EP requirement display. Since then I have had a fair few PMs as well as thread feedback, all of which I respond to in detail, some of which have been rude or even abusive.
I am currently going through all my uploads and making sure they are correct. This does however, take time.
I don't check the messages on old uploads very often, and frankly, I am quite unimpressed with the amount of flak I am getting for something that is not my fault. Especially after I have already responded to the issue earlier in the thread.
Creators on MTS2 don't get anything for sharing their creations, it takes time to build, time to create the thread, then we have to deal with all the tech help PMs. We don't deserve to be treated with such contempt.
Part of me would really like to just take down all my uploads to spare myself the abuse, but that wouldn't be fair on members who are polite, and appreciate the work I put in.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 8:00 AM
You are culturally devoid. Tea ceremonies were where people sat down and drank tea at a table listening to *****TRADITIONAL***** music. Japanese did not EVER use that chopstick in hair thing. That was Chinese. I also must say that the quality of post is rather lacking. Tea houses were not as large as this generally and the Japanese, last I recall, would not allow for college age students to go in and play bass and guitar rock n' roll or what not for cash.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 12:14 PM
Thankyou for your input, I am aware of these things, but somewhat restricted by the limitations of the game, and content available. This lot is not meant to be an accurate portrayal of traditional japanese culture, and should not be interpreted as such. I am sorry if it offends you.
I would appreciate it if you wern't quite so personally offensive with your critique - if you read my above post, then you will see that this is just the sort of thing that makes me thing "why did I even bother".

I do requests, but only when I'm asked....

I'm still working on my "Little lots" series of community lots of 3x2 or smaller. Feel free to PM me if you would like something I havn't done yet!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 12:18 PM
Incidentally ch, if you would like to create shamisen for the geisha to play, appropriate music to load into the game, accurate hairstyles and makeup, and the hacks to make the behaviour in game appropriate, I will gladly make you a little tea house, with a pagoda roof and everything for you.

I do requests, but only when I'm asked....

I'm still working on my "Little lots" series of community lots of 3x2 or smaller. Feel free to PM me if you would like something I havn't done yet!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 6:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cjh3787
You are culturally devoid. Tea ceremonies were where people sat down and drank tea at a table listening to *****TRADITIONAL***** music. Japanese did not EVER use that chopstick in hair thing. That was Chinese. I also must say that the quality of post is rather lacking. Tea houses were not as large as this generally and the Japanese, last I recall, would not allow for college age students to go in and play bass and guitar rock n' roll or what not for cash.

i love this. everyone needs to shut up about it not being "correct", i think its just fine this way.

I love this lot, and my japanese sims acually made money here with OFB =) (selling tea and stuff)

IN OTHER WORDS
Be more polite, Kash worked hard on this, give a little respect people! Whats wrong with all you people complaining its not accurate!

remember: if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all!

I love it Kash, keep up the good work for me and all the other people who love your works!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#19 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 6:10 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 17th Sep 2007 at 6:23 AM.
kashinthegreen, I'm sorry I did not see cj's post until now. You handled it very well, although hitting the report button would have been quite reasonable. The rudeness there is uncalled for, and not welcome on the site.

That goes for you too, ichigo - the staff can only do their job regarding people who are overly rude if you actually hit the 'report' button.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 4:00 AM
Great job!!!
i like the scenery and the pond area.. dont listen to n00bs like cjh3787!
Test Subject
#21 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 10:43 PM
This is very nice, good job, =D
I like the outfits your sims are we=aring in the screenshots, may I ask where you got them? Did you make them?