Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Invisible magisplay tray recolor

by pfish Posted 7th Aug 2006 at 3:54 AM - Updated 16th Oct 2008 at 9:34 PM by Crazyfoolgaf

81 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 72 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 1:53 AM
Thank You, I love not having to see that tray with nice things on it.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 7:58 AM
Thanks PFish This is great!!

Woof !
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 7:44 PM
thanks, ive always wanted an invisible version! where did you get the purple candle from?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hellraiser01
where did you get the purple candle from?

It came with the game. If you can't find it in your inventory, I think this candle came from Holiday Pack but not sure.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 2:06 AM
hi, i downloaded the recolour , but i cant find it in the game, where should i look ? its not with the real magisplay, or anywhere, help
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 6:24 AM Last edited by pfish : 12th Sep 2006 at 8:10 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by koala_bear20
hi, i downloaded the recolour , but i cant find it in the game, where should i look ? its not with the real magisplay, or anywhere, help

Did you download CEP?

Edit: Do you have open for business expansion?

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 3:54 AM
hi, yes i do have both things, let me try download again cep, thank you
Field Researcher
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 3:47 AM
Default How to recolor Magisplay?
Hi. I noticed you were able to create an invisible/recolor of the Magisplay. I have SimPE and have not been able to recolor the thing. It doesn't list a "texture image". How did you do it?

Let me know if you use any of my recolors in a story, video, etc. I'd like to see it!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 6:36 AM Last edited by pfish : 23rd Sep 2006 at 7:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by BillySIMS139
Hi. I noticed you were able to create an invisible/recolor of the Magisplay. I have SimPE and have not been able to recolor the thing. It doesn't list a "texture image". How did you do it?

All I did is change "stdMatAlphaTestEnbled" to 1 in material definition and this magisplay became invisible.

Edit: It was either 0 or 1. I didn't remember which is that.

Test Subject
#11 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by koala_bear20

I am having the same problem and I also have CEP and open for business.....please help.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by diesel2370
I am having the same problem and I also have CEP and open for business.....please help.

That is weird. I redownload this invisible magisplay today. I checked and It is in my game inventory. It is in shelves. Did you click on the maxis magisplay and did it pop up an invisible magisplay recolor in your game?

Test Subject
#13 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pfish
That is weird. I redownload this invisible magisplay today. I checked and It is in my game inventory. It is in shelves. Did you click on the maxis magisplay and did it pop up an invisible magisplay recolor in your game?

No it does not come up at all. only the original Magisplay comes up. I have downloaded and installed it several times and it won't work.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by diesel2370
No it does not come up at all. only the original Magisplay comes up. I have downloaded and installed it several times and it won't work.

Really? What version of CEP did you download?

Edit: Did you unzip your download file?

Field Researcher
#15 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 10:15 PM
Clever
Your invisible tray will come in quite handy` Thank you for making this.

*´)
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Platinum*¨)¸;*
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#16 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 10:23 PM
Thank you, thank you. Some things really should be invisible and this is one.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 7:46 AM
I seem to be having the same problem diesel2370 has. D: I redownloaded it twice and it won't show up at all. I have the latest CEP and every expansion, so I have no idea what the problem is...
Alchemist
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 8:56 PM
aurora_x, Sorry for the delay to answer your problem. I redownload this and it showed up finely in my game. I download the last CEP file-window manual zip. I took a picture of my download folder. Does my CEP download package look like your CEP download in your download folder?
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 18th May 2007 at 3:18 AM
Funny this came up, I came here looking to re-download the tray because it's not showing up in my game either.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th May 2007 at 3:36 AM Last edited by pfish : 18th May 2007 at 8:10 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by samanthamas
Funny this came up, I came here looking to re-download the tray because it's not showing up in my game either.

This item is for open for business expansion. I see that you don't have open for business in your profile.

Edit: I redownloaded this magisplay tray in my game. It showed up fine in my game. Did you download the CEP?

Test Subject
#21 Old 31st May 2007 at 3:29 AM
im having problems with it also

:/

Baw Chicka Wa Wa.... Banana!!
Test Subject
#22 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 10:31 PM
Is it possible for someone to make a version that does not require OFB? That would be sooo helpful...
Field Researcher
#23 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 6:19 PM
To you who had problems with this not showing up in game - well, I had too! I tried a few things but nothing helped, and finally I downloaded and installed the latest CEP though I was sure I already had done so...

And, well, after that the tray recolour showed up ! Either my memory failed me completely, or the game just played tricks with me...

Anyway, thanks for this, pfish. So simple, yet an absolute must-have!

My 100% free site Carnaby Sims
Alchemist
Original Poster
#24 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 8:01 PM
Berg, Thank very much for posting. I am so grateful. Whew! :lovestruc

Forum Resident
#25 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 2:26 AM Last edited by butterflykiss4u : 20th Jun 2007 at 2:57 AM.
Pfish, thank you for this, it makes set making a thousand times better!! You ROCK!!

Thanks berg!! I needed this too!!

Sims Utopia...where your sims dreams become reality!

Click above to check out my site for more updates :)

New Roleplay site Sims Utopia the town that never dies..
Page 1 of 4