Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Teaching Career *MAJOR UPDATE* - [EP Ready]

by sims2guy Posted 11th Oct 2006 at 12:57 AM - Updated 17th Oct 2006 at 8:07 PM by sims2guy

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 1:02 AM
What would we do without our teacher eh? Great career

Thank you for sharing,
Makai

Live Well
Laugh Often
Love Much

"If you don't live for something...You'll die for nothing.."
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 1:08 AM
looks great, but the order of those are out of whack right? those who can't teach, teach gym! nice work though
Instructor
#4 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 2:52 AM
I don't know how you decided those would be the order of the job levels; that's just weird. Of course, none of the existing teaching careers are based in reality, so meh.

One of these times I'm just going to make one myself, being a teacher and all. Good job anyway.
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 2:52 AM
Does it take over any other career?

Dwilliams
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 3:29 AM
Default Odd teaching track
Not to knock your work. But that seems like a strange progression for a teaching career, what does librarian have to do with being a teacher? And assistant coach seems way off the track.

Wouldn't something like this be a better track:

1. student teacher
2. substitute teacher
3. pre-school teacher
4. elementary school teacher
5. high school teacher
6. principal
7. college professor
8. lecturer
9. dean of university
10. Secretary of Eduacation
Instructor
#7 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 4:06 AM
Actually it would be more like:

1) Playground Supervisor
2) Preschool Teacher
3) Substitute Teacher
4) Student Teacher
5) Elementary School Teacher
6) College Professor
7) Assistant Principal
8) Principal
9) Associate Deal of Education
10) Dean of Education

Preschool teacher is not higher than substitute or student teacher in most states, high school teacher is not higher than elementary school teacher, and lecturer is not higher than professor.

Assistant coach would be about the level of a preschool teacher, education-wise. Library assistant would be below preschool teacher, as they're usually volunteers. Librarian would be about substitute teacher level. I don't even know what a part-time teacher is.

Don't feel bad though; no one gets it right. The only reason I know it is 'cause I live it.
Test Subject
#8 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 5:40 AM
I kind of love that librarians are above teachers, being a library student.
And not to be argumentative, but... I'm not sure that librarians would be about substitute teacher level, considering you need a masters degree & get paid approx the same as full-time teachers, at least in Canada.

I'd be interested in seeing a librarian career track *grin*

great career though, thanks for all your work
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 3:25 PM
Coaches make more than teachers anyway. I actually did a speech on it. :D
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 12:47 AM
i like this a lot, and was considering downloading it, but the progression of the teaching career confuses me. the one that plum posted above makes a lot more sense, i think (except that i think it's supposed to be associate deaN of education, not deal. i think that's a typo). but, yeah. i really wanted a teaching career for some of my sims. but i think my sim who would be a university professor would rather not be promoted to an assistant principal position afterwards. a lot of university professors have doctorate degrees. a lot of assistant principals do not. and i'm not quite sure what a college home-ec professor is?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 12:26 PM
Default Question...
I agree with your changes...are chance cards completed for this career?

T

~It takes a village to raise an idiot...~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 8:06 PM
You should delete the original and then replace. It's updated...

Check out my uploads here!
Feel free to email, PM, or IM me!
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 8:16 PM
The improvements you made are good, but here's the order it should be based upon somebody who actually has a graduate degree in education. Being a teacher and being a principal/superintendant are related, but they don't typically lead on to being a college professor. Your wording also left out the possibility of being a High School Teacher. Here's one designed for purely education positions of something that's a bit more realistic. If you want principal and superintendant in there, you pretty much need to leave out the college stuff entirely.

1 - Tutor
2 - Student Teacher
3 - Substitute Teacher
4 - School Teacher
5 - Curriculum Designer
6 - College Instructor
7 - College Professor
8 - Dean of Education
9 - University President
10 - Secretary of Education
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 5:13 AM
oooh, i like this order.

Quote: Originally posted by giltwist
The improvements you made are good, but here's the order it should be based upon somebody who actually has a graduate degree in education. Being a teacher and being a principal/superintendant are related, but they don't typically lead on to being a college professor. Your wording also left out the possibility of being a High School Teacher. Here's one designed for purely education positions of something that's a bit more realistic. If you want principal and superintendant in there, you pretty much need to leave out the college stuff entirely.

1 - Tutor
2 - Student Teacher
3 - Substitute Teacher
4 - School Teacher
5 - Curriculum Designer
6 - College Instructor
7 - College Professor
8 - Dean of Education
9 - University President
10 - Secretary of Education
Test Subject
#15 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 1:21 AM
hey.. i love this career!!
just wondering if maybe you could put up a list for job descriptios and required skills?

thanx again~~
Test Subject
#16 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 2:41 PM
This is a cool career-I'll download it in a bit. But I have a suggestion for the teen/elder career (these are just suggestions, so don't flame the hell out of me):

Teen/Elder:
1)Day-care Worker
2)Elementary Tutor
3)High School Tutor

That's just an idea-have fun with it if you decide to use it.

Once again, cool career,
eye of the hawk

I had to make room for the cupcake.
Test Subject
#17 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 11:03 PM
I am using this as apart of a self created challenge. I like having a teaching career option. I don't understand the military uniform though. I wonder if you ever do an update again if you might consider later changing it to one of the simple business or politics suits? (or leave it so they wear what ever they have on already for every day.)

Thanks for your hard work on this btw! I really am enjoying it.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 3:07 PM
I am using this teaching career and I just wanted to say, it works great, even for those without a college education! Thank you for this!!

New Judfer creations at Sims2 Noir.
Live Free or Die.
Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 7:59 PM
This looks like a great thing!! Thank you for making this! I would sure like it if you could post pics of clothes that sims wear when they go to work!! Anyway thanks!!
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 6:39 AM
nice though one question...what kind of insane sim would teach when he/she could be a SIB aka sim in black? lol im just kidding cool career!

silence is golden. duct tape is silver.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 12:25 AM
are there chance cards?

What a lovely way to burn
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 6:57 PM
My hubby is a high school teacher and I'd like something like this for his Sim, but you don't give the option for high school teacher in there. I'd recommend switching #5-Elementary School Teacher to simply Full Time Teacher or Tenured Teacher. Also, #3 and #4 should be switched, since Student Teachers generally are not paid though Substitute Teachers are paid (a pittance and usually without benefits, but they are paid). Is there any way you can require (or make a version that requires it for those with the EP installed) a University degree for anything over substitute/student teacher? It would make the career track more realistic as most areas require at least a BA to be a full-time teacher, and many areas are starting to want a master's degree (depends on how desperate they are for teachers tho ).

Thanks for your work on this!
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 4:17 PM
Does it work with Pets?
Forum Resident
#24 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 6:19 AM
thank you

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. There is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof-V
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 13th May 2007 at 12:52 PM
I love this career, I use it a lot, it's a very good idea. Thank you!
But now I've installed Pets, I wonder if it will be compatible?
Page 1 of 2