Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Stay-at-Home Parent Career...because taking care of kids is hard work!

by SassyTeffie Posted 3rd Apr 2007 at 3:37 AM - Updated 24th Sep 2008 at 7:42 PM by SassyTeffie : Chance Card Glitch Fixed

70 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 64 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 4:09 PM
Brilliant idea!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 4:31 PM
Very cool. Too bad us real stay-at-home parents don't get this kind of paycheque for our work.

is it can be sims tiem now plees?
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 4:35 PM
now if we could just figure out how to get paid for it in real life. :D
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 5:00 PM
lovely idea!!! thank you !
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 5:02 PM
The "work day" could be considered running errands as all parents do that. I think I'll edit out the amount of money given in my game though since there are ways to earn money at home in the game. This will keep them from rolling the want to get a job.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 5:09 PM
Very nice, much thanks, I have a lot of families where one parent doesn't work due to too many kids needing care, especially now with seasons out. :D

Touch my mind
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 5:20 PM
Wonderful idea. So, wanna run for president? :-)

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 5:27 PM
Fantastic! Now if we could only do this in real life. Where is the site for modding real life?
Scholar
#10 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 5:57 PM
A fine idea, interessant to have money for taking care of childs (and pets and garden (?) too ). Thank you SassyTeffie.

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 5:58 PM
phenomenal! Now if only I could stay at home with my newborn and go to work from 5am-6am!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 5:59 PM
Great idea! thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 6:25 PM
Hm, I think it would be better if the job was from 10-11am so you don't 'abandon' the children (go while they're at school!), but this is a good idea, thanks.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 8:35 PM
this is pretty cool!

*waves hi*
Scholar
#15 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 8:59 PM Last edited by aeval99 : 5th Apr 2007 at 11:45 PM.
Excellent idea. And I love the idea of running errands for an hour. I must say that I would also prefer a version that goes from 10-11 am. Is there any easy way that I can edit this?

Good work. Thank you

EDITED to say thanks for the instructions on editing the times.
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 9:03 PM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 10:00 PM
I chose 5am - 6am in an effort not to conflict with the Maxis careers (so the father could stay at home with the kids). For those who want to change the time just download SimPE (there's a link in the Additional Credits). Open the career file using SimPE, then go to Tools and open Bidou's Career Editor. From there you can click on the tab regarding hours and change the start time to 10. Save the file (overwrite if you want) and you're good to go!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 10:20 PM
This is a great idea, thanks.

You've been a fallen angel, ripped out of the sky.
But as your wings grew strong enough,
You left me, behind to die.
Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 11:14 PM
Great idea! This is just what I need for a few of my sim families. I tried opening up a home business but then the parents were constantly being pulled away from the kids to deal with customers. This is a perfect solution! Thanks a million!

In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man. And now I've reached that age, I try to do all those things the best I can. ~ Led Zeppelin
Test Subject
#20 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 12:09 AM
I wish real life could become a real-life version of the Sims...
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 1:17 AM
Excellent! I always just did money cheats, but I like this a lot better! Thank you!

You can find my lots and other creations on TSR.
Proud member of TSRAA and S2HBAA. :)
Test Subject
#22 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missangelica
The "work day" could be considered running errands as all parents do that. I think I'll edit out the amount of money given in my game though since there are ways to earn money at home in the game. This will keep them from rolling the want to get a job.

I'll pretend my sim went and bought food at the grocery store and toys for the kids at the toy store!

:llama
Test Subject
#23 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 2:25 PM
Amazing! Brilliant idea, thank you x
Field Researcher
#24 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 8:15 PM
Great idea! Though it does not quite meet the requirements of one of my sims who is the mother of 7 children. Maxing all skills is a little bit too much for her. But thanks anyway!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 9:54 PM
We should submit this idea to our brilliant government officials. Stay at homes should get paid for all the work they do! Good job!
Page 1 of 3