Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Portal Revealer

by Inge Jones Posted 4th Oct 2007 at 10:09 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 4:49 PM by Nysha

63 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Instructor
#2 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 9:10 AM
Hi Inge!
Loved your Flamingo. It is almost eatable!

Thanks.
Test Subject
#3 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 9:16 AM
This is really useful and also looks chewy ^^ thanks!

Living in a virtual world of my own...

Check out my... Downloads!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 10:16 AM
Thank you for this! It was driving me nuts that the firetruck couldn't come if I parked a car on the street, this will definitely fix that. :D
Field Researcher
#5 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 10:29 AM
What I love about your stuff is if you didn't do it I wouldn't even know I could have it. :D
Fabulous work as always Inge - thank you very much!

HK-47: Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 10:38 AM
I have a beach that I think will benefit from this. And the sunbathing towels. Thank you Inge!
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 11:49 AM
really, really useful!!! thanks a lot, inge!!!
Scholar
#8 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 12:47 PM
Thanks very much for creating and sharing this very useful tool Inge. Your creations are always so amazing!
Alchemist
#9 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 12:54 PM
Here it is for everyone - marvellous! I'm so glad you made this (and made it public).
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#10 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 1:30 PM
This is nutty! I love it, don't think I need it, but I still love it!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 3:27 PM
one time i find the workcar object
Site Helper
#12 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 5:46 PM
Don't forget to mention that you can rotate the portals, since they are directional. As we've seen, the direction of the portals can make a big difference to how well they work.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 7:46 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 1st Feb 2008 at 8:24 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Your object works very fine in my game. Without it I already tried to do changes "poking in the smog". Thank you!
hexameter
Instructor
#14 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 2:05 AM
As usual, at your best. Thank you Inge. Your items are all useful and add at lot to the enjoyment of the game and take a lot out of the annoying bits.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 3:48 AM
In reference to rotating portals reminded me of a problem I had with a couple lots where when placing a garage &/or concrete it would be facing the opposite direction of the road in which I wouldn't be able to use cars, hope that makes sense. I'm hoping maybe this can fix that, or if there's a portal used for this and change the direction its using. Its weird everything else would work except that.

Anyways, I'll try it out an we'll see.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 7:16 AM
Igne first of all thank you so much seeing something new from you just puts a great big smile on my face. I love and also am very thankful for everything you have created for us to enjoy our games and add fun.
This one I might not need yet, but coming from you I shall take it and make need of it.
Thanks
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 9:03 AM
I am not going to post information about portals here myself, because I don't feel sufficiently authoritative on the subject. Just use the tool here for your own further explorations, and you can also read about discoveries on the following thread: http://forums.modthesims2.com/showt...93&goto=newpost

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#18 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 12:53 PM
Lol, for thosse who find that the portals disappear after the flamingo is not selected, just hold the flamingo again and dump it back on the ground, and this will activate it again.

Thanks very much Inge for this useful tool.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#19 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 3:16 PM
Thanks Inge, this is an extremely useful tool for exploring the new beach lots!

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 3:44 PM
I have added the patches to make portals buyable.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#21 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 7:27 PM
Yesssss! *mashes thanks button repeatedly*

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 10:41 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 1st Feb 2008 at 8:26 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Thank you thank you thank you !!!
Just one question: if I move/rotate the portals, can my lot have problems after ?

I cannot take requests now.

DO NOT UPLOAD MY CC ON PAY SITES, THANKS
Field Researcher
#23 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 11:31 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 1st Feb 2008 at 8:25 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Thanks, You made my day!!!!!!!!!!
Theorist
#24 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 11:55 PM
THANK YOU Ive wanted this for a long time
Original Poster
#25 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 8:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fafy
Thank you thank you thank you !!!
Just one question: if I move/rotate the portals, can my lot have problems after ?

Everything you do with this download is entirely at your own risk. I dare say the answer is "yes" though, if you don't know what you are doing.

Page 1 of 3