Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#26 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 11:20 PM
Complainin' as usual :

* Too late now, probably, but fwiw: something about this change was messing with the Personal Picks -- my recent ones are gone, only one age-old one shows up .. is this just me or does it happen to others too?

* For me no Featured items appear on top of the subsections -- only atop the main download page.

* When in the Featured/Top picks section (which is still referred to as "Featured" on the main d/l page, which may be a little bit confusing?), only actual Features (not Top Picks) appear in the subsections. For example, I go to Featured Items, Featured + Top Picks appear; then I go to Body Shop: now I only see Featured items anymore. Is this supposed to be so?

* Splitting up the keywords was a very good move. Thank you.

Also, are the Top picks man-made or machine-made? If it's the former: can we veto against one of our own top picks? (I have one for a lot that imho has a relatively rubbish backside .. I appreciate the appreciation, and it's an OK house, but it doesn't deserve the extra attention in my eyes) Just seen Tig's post. Probably not. Ah well.

(And what is this Mocca thing? I mean, where do you all see it? If it's for staying up all night, I should have a triple =).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Advertisement
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#27 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 11:28 PM
Sneaky Delphy was messing with us, he took away the little coffee cup next to some peoples avatars that said MOCCA Award Winner when you moused over it. Its gone now.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#28 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 11:55 PM Last edited by tiggerypum : 2nd Nov 2007 at 12:04 AM.
Inge, we do have 'featured creators' here - in that if a person has a featured item on site, the little trophy thing appears below their name on site when they post. Like your Moocow does. That's been on site for... I don't know how long. Very long now.

EDIT: Oh Inge, I see now, in the indexes. That's because when we award features sometimes we had set it up to be 'creator' meaning we were picking that item to feature but were meaning the feature to be more general - as features are tied to particular downloads. At the time features didn't *have* a download browseable section. We might need to relook at that, because it does look odd.

We'll need D to look at some of those other issues Plasticbox. You're right, the picks filtering doesn't seem to be working on the sub-categories at the moment. We'll get that ironed out.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Alchemist
#29 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 6:06 AM
I love top picks with stars.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#30 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 8:28 AM
Picks filtering wont work at all on the sub-category filtering within the Featured/Picks download browser - this is becuase of the way that featured items have traditionally been added. Thus, when you select a sub-category you see only Featured items, not Picks.

Personal picks should not be affected - at least it wasn't on any of the ones I checked during testing.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Scholar
#31 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 11:33 AM
These changes are really good because there are some downloads which weren't featured but were hi-quality, take Numenor's recolorable Ford Mustang GT!
Scholar
#32 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 11:59 AM
I think this is a wonderful idea!

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#33 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 12:12 PM
Okay, my last post in this thread can be ignored. I just changed the way that the Top Picks are displayed. Now they are more closely integrated into the download browser just like displaying all downloads by a particular member.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#34 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 12:44 PM
Delphy, the picks display works much better now -- like you'd expect it to.

But has something changed about how the are calculated/distributed? Now half of my uploads seem to be picked .. this wasn't the case yesterday, I had perhaps 5-10 picks all in all. This is supposed to be so, yes?

No biggie about the Personal picks, if it's only me I can fix them myself. (Mine are still in the muddled-up state they were yesterday, in case you want to check -- I haven't touched them in the meantime)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#35 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 1:02 PM
Actually, yes there was a bug in what was picked so it didn't pick everything it should have. The way it works now is not a bug.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#36 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 1:05 PM
That is nice to hear. Thanks =)

Field Researcher
#37 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 2:43 PM
ooooh I've got something with a star on it :D
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#38 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 3:33 PM
plasticbox, Okay personal picks should now be working correctly.

Scholar
#39 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 5:41 PM
So now you can filter both starred and featured downloads. Nice

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 6:15 PM
Some of the repeated questions gave me a severe case of gas.
I love the top pick section, i think it's quite a great idea. It makes it easier to browser through high quality items without trying to do a search on items from most replies or most downloads.
Theorist
#41 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 6:18 PM Last edited by PETCHY14 : 2nd Nov 2007 at 6:28 PM.
Can I have a Diagram on where the stars are located?
Do you have to go INTO the download to see them, Or do they appear next to the name?

Annyway, Thanks for the imrovements!!

Edit: Got it now! Ok, Next to the name, And its a Very nice star!
Sorry!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Scholar
#42 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 6:48 PM
Mmm...I hope with these new star symbols, that "normal" creators will feel more encouraged. Although looking through, most of the downloads which have stars are by featured creators

Thanks for the changes
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#43 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 6:54 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 2nd Nov 2007 at 7:05 PM.
Hurray! Two of my things got starred. I feel better now. Thanks for recognizing my hard work! I was hoping for more, but those definitely were my best ones, so now I know the level I need to achieve if I want to collect more stars. Hurray for this new system and hurray for Delphy!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#44 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xnymphetaminex
Although looking through, most of the downloads which have stars are by featured creators

That's not really surprising, as featured creators tend to make the best stuff. You could only really break out of that by having a sort of "booby prize" star for the rough stuff. Actually the thought of that is making me smile - a sort of "top ten atrocities of the week" pick from the downloads appearing on the front page.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#45 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
personal picks should now be working correctly.

Yup, mine are back -- thank you!

What just happend?
retired moderator
#46 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 7:15 PM
Yeah but, No but, yeah but! That wouldn't work "Inge." You know very well that MTS2 only allows the VERY BEST creations!!!!

Life is for LIVING so, LIVE it and have Fun

Please use "spell check" when posting!!!
Prejudice is the child of ignorance.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#47 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 7:38 PM
Found something new to complain about: the features/picks interfere with the filters ..

1. Go to Downloads main page, filter for All Downloads
2a. Select a regular subsection (say Lots) -- filter is still at All DLs (like it should be)
2b. Select Featured items (via the title bar link) -- filtering goes back to Compatible =(

The other way around:
1. Go to Downloads main page, go to Featured Items
2a. Filter for whatever and get kicked back to main DL page =(

(In the regular subsections, the filtering works fine -- it's only the Featured stuff that acts up)

In other words, it's not possible to see only those picks/features that are compatible with a particular game configuration.

We had this before with the regular subsections .. I hope I recall correctly that it was a real problem, with a real fix, and not a user cookie issue or something =)

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#48 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 8:11 PM
Yes, features are currently incompatible with both filters and search. I plan on making the filter/search work much better over the weekend, so I'll add it in then.

Instructor
#49 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 8:18 PM
thanks for your hard works delphy!
Forum Resident
#50 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 10:07 PM
cool =)
Page 2 of 3