Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Base Game Careers Made Vampire Friendly

by FennShysa Posted 1st Dec 2007 at 3:54 PM - Updated 3rd Mar 2011 at 5:46 PM by whiterider

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 11:07 PM
that's a nice job, thank you!
hey, how about some hack so that sims can have two jobs at a time so sims who are nearly broke can work day AND night for some extra money...
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 11:14 PM
This is great, thanks!, Oh, and psychosim0, that is such a good idea, I could really use that..

MySpace

You do know, that if you type in 'boolprop testingCheatesenabled true' in create a family, then when you play your sims, you can max or deplete the motives (and some other stuff, like skills) all you want!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 11:45 PM
Wow, I was seriously just thinking about doing this not 5 mins ago. Though, I prolly wouldn't have done it anyways. THANKS!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 11:56 PM
This is a great idea. Thanks for sharing!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 12:58 AM
Awesome!! I just recently had my first vampire sim and had to cure her because I wouldn't be able to get her to mad scientist as a vampire. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 1:17 AM
Is the 'Death' option I see in the picture a death job or is it just an easy way to kill your sim?

~*キョコ*~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 2:04 AM
Thanks everyone for the compliments.

Psychosim0 and Sekhmet99: That would make and interesting hack. It would be beyond my capabilities, though. I wonder how you would handle situations when the two jobs' hours coincided.

Phaenoh: I read your mind.

ChihoSan: Are you trying to fulfill a lifetime goal? I don't know if these careers will do that. If you find out one way or the other, please let me know. The funny thing is, if they will fulfill their corresponding lifetime goals, the rest of my careers probably will probably cause a sim to fulfill the goal of becoming a mad scientist, as all the rest of my careers besides these are based on the science career.

xKyokox: The Death option you see is someone's Death career that I got from this site. I forget the name of the person who made it, but it should be fairly easy to find if you're interested.

Feel free to PM me with career requests. I don't guarantee I'll do any particular one, but I'll consider each.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 3:11 AM Last edited by Corylea : 3rd Dec 2007 at 3:19 AM. Reason: Discovered you're male and changed "Queen" to "King." :-)
Great idea! You're really becoming the Career King. Thanks.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 4:21 AM
Thanks, hope these help people out.

Feel free to PM me with career requests. I don't guarantee I'll do any particular one, but I'll consider each.
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 8:46 AM
Thanks so much, my broke vampires are falling at your feet, grateful (dead, of course).
I also have some broke living sims (not much, these vampires are so playful... dead), and they'll cook a big delicious PAELLA if they could afford it: please, they need another extra job.

A la Mancha, manchega, que hay mucho vino...
Mucho pan, mucho aceite y mucho tocino...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 9:34 AM
I have several more careers in the works, have no fear.

Alchemist
#13 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 12:42 PM
Thanks on behalf of my Vamps (who actually are so rich that doesn't need to work, however they like to have some occupation, it's fine for finding more sims to bite!!) :D

The double work hack sounds good for sims only, but I admit that my mind is completely closed to this idea. In my RL I just wish to stop any kind of work, I'd like to have the same job of Hugh Grant in About a Boy, that is nothing at all. LOL
Forum Resident
#14 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 3:31 PM
*is in fear if FennShysa can read his mind* un I like this *hides bed* DON'T READ ME!?! plz ;_;

"Anyone who dares oppose me no, the Life Fibers will suffer the same fate." ~Ragyo Kiryuin
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 3:34 PM
You are a problem solver! A great big Thank You!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 4:30 PM Last edited by FennShysa : 3rd Dec 2007 at 7:46 PM.
Thanks for the compliments.

It's funny how my most successful projects are also the ones that had the least planning. My first career (Espionage) was written in one night just to see if I could use Bidou's career editor and remains the one with the most downloads and the most thanks. This project only occurred to me out of thin air about a week ago and took only about three days to complete and now it's a picked download. Weird the way things like that happen.

Field Researcher
#17 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 8:04 PM
This is EXACTIALLY what I needed! Thank you, im so sick of all my vampire's having to be an artist to earn a living! :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 11:36 PM
Exactly the situation I was looking to correct. Glad you like it.

Field Researcher
#19 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 4:06 AM
Awesome idea! Thank you!
Test Subject
#20 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 4:07 AM
This is really a great idea, thank you for taking time to put it together. Its often been a burden to try and get my vamps through the dredges of career growth without becoming a pile of ashes as you put it...

I have a question though, some time ago someone put out a vampire career that dealt with becoming part of a vampire clan which I thought was unique and interesting unto having a vampire theme.

I figured since you mentioned you would be making more careers I'd put in an early request with hopes to see a career that would be unique to vampires in general. I'd offer a suggestion on a theme but I'm drawing a blank at the moment, but hopefully I'm making sense XD

Either way, thank you for the work you put into this!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 7:55 AM
Thanks to both of you, and yes, ozireth, you are making sense. I currently don't have anything in the works specifically for vampires. And as I stated previously, this idea just sprung at me out of nowhere about a week ago, so it's quite possible I could get just the same sort of weird inspiration and do something else vampire specific. I did see that vampire clan career you mentioned. I did a search for vampire careers on this site to make sure someone else hadn't done the same thing I was working on. I noticed when I did that that there were only about four vampire careers out there. I'll see if I come up with any ideas. I imagine you're looking for a modern-day sort of thing. Feel free to PM me if you have any ideas about what a vampire career would involve. I wouldn't want to do something that is essentially another version of someone else's career, though.

Field Researcher
#22 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 11:03 AM Last edited by Mimi52861 : 4th Dec 2007 at 11:20 AM.
You know, I haven't played any Vampire Sims in my game in quite a while, and I think it's because of the career issues that you just solved! I also found it a problem trying to keep them employed & from becoming piles of ashes as well! LOL!

This mod just might be the thing that gets me interested in them again. Kudos to you for thinking of a solution for us all! Downloading right now!

P.S. Congrats on this becoming a "Picked Upload"!

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 1:00 PM
Thank you. I really didn't expect the "picked" status. In fact, I wondered if it might not even be accepted on the basis of being too derivative. I guess you don't know until you try.

Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 2:56 PM
uummmm... i kinda hate to point this out, but stevekills made something like this a while back. good idea though.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 10:31 PM
Checking that out.....

Hmmmm. Well, so he did. I wonder why it didn't come up in my search. I wouldn't have made mine if I had known. Mine is slightly different from his in that I altered the chance cards and level descriptions to remove obvious references to daytime (but not more subtle ones). Also, in finding his vampire careers I notice he is the creator of the Death career that shows up in my screenshot. Interesting coincidence, isn't it?

Page 1 of 3