Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#26 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 11:45 AM
falesha, I just checked that exact same thing - Advanced Mode, Original and Nightlife checked - I then see only downloads that have both those and nothing else.

I tweaked the Show All so it only appears if the filter result gets limited to 2k results or when it's needed (ie if you search and only have 1 page of results anyway, it's pointless to show it)

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 8:56 AM
lodgings
can i ask what happened to lodgings, i looked at them one day and the next they were gone?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#28 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 11:18 AM
Absolutely nothing happened with Lodgings, however these types of lot are for Bon Voyage only, and according to your profile beakergirl, you don't have Bon Voyage, hence you can't see them.

Please update your profile to indicate which games you have (there is a link for it when you click on Compatible in the Filter box).

Thanks

Theorist
#29 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 1:20 PM
Delphy, can you make it so that we can select multiple categories when uploading clothings? Sometimes we have some outfits grouped together that are available for Adults and YA, or everyday and formal, or teen and child, etc. Is it hard to implement that? Just asking.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#30 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 4:26 PM
treeag, thats something I've been thinking about for a long time (about 2 years now). It's a good idea but would require quite a few changes to the uploading and download browsing systems.

It's on my list of things to look into though.

Theorist
#31 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 4:36 PM
Ok then, thanks If you think it's too much of a hassle then I'm fine with the current system.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#32 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 6:21 PM
CasioMan - no, it wouldn't. Login cookies are stored on members' computers, and don't have any effect on MTS2's servers.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Wiki Wizard
#33 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 10:21 AM
Great idea, much faster, thanks:D

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Instructor
#34 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 12:32 AM
Big improvement, site is much faster! Thankyou
Test Subject
#35 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 9:06 PM
I'll have to be honest and say I'm still finding it very slow. I downloaded some stuff yesterday, and the download speed was about 5 kB/second, and I have DSL. I can't even get into the CEP v. 8.0 page--I've been trying for three days, and every time, it stalls on me or times out. Is there something I could be doing from my end to speed things up? I've tried using both Firefox and Explorer, and I can't get the CEP download on any of them.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#36 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 9:15 PM
Yeshanu, there is a difference between "getting into" a page and actually downloading.

Right now, with these and other changes, browsing through the site is very fast - even to the CEP page. Downloading, on the other hand, depends on time of day, connection, number of people downloading, etc. Doesn't really matter if you have DSL if hundreds of people are downloading at a time.

Test Subject
#37 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 9:45 PM
So if browsing through the site is very fast, why can I not get into the CEP page? I guess that's my actual question...
Test Subject
#38 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 6:18 AM
Default Thanks!
QUOTE=Delphy]Hi All,

You've all probably noticed how slow the site can get (especially recently) - this is due to a number of factors, specifically the turning off of the download caching (since it wasn't working as well as I wanted it to), as well as one of the servers dying and having to be rebuilt. A key factor in this is also the design of the actual download browsing pages themselves and how they are coded.

[size=4][color=indigo]Download Browsing[/color][/size]

Today I have implemented a change to the way the pages (that is, the ones you see when you use the Download navbar drop down) are generated. In tests, this has shown a dramatic improvement in page speed and general browsing experience.

From now on, download pages will only return a maximum of 2000 threads, unless you select the "Show All Downloads" link at the bottom, in which case it will return all but obviously be a lot slower.

2000 hits is approximately 125 pages worth and, to be honest, how many trawl through 125 pages worth of downloads without filtering for specifics? Not many - but for those who really want to, I've retained the "Click here to see all" link at the bottom.

Another small change to these is in the way the Navbar Breadcrumbs gets generated for viewing a specific members downloads.

Previously if you wanted to view all my downloads, it would say Downloads -> Body Shop by Delphy. Now, it says Downloads -> Delphy -> BodyShop, which I think is more intuitive.

[size=4][color=indigo]Edit Post[/color][/size]

I've also streamlined the Edit Post screen so that you no longer get the "Maxis Recolour / New Mesh / Mesh Recolour" box in forums that don't support them, nor do you get the Mesh List boxs for non recolours. A couple of other tweaks and other backend changes round out the changes here.

Thats it. Pretty minor, but hopefully should see a nice speed increase.

Regards
Delphy[/QUOTE]

I would like to say a big "Thanks" to you and all the other creative minds that keep this site not only working, but absolutely awesome! I do not have your knowledge, or your creativity, but do have genuine gratefullness for all the hard work and long hours that you put into keeping this site great. My health has dictated alot to my lack of learning from this site, but please never forget that you are responsible for giving and contributing a lot of joy to a lot of people who otherwise would have very limited game experiences and interest. Thank you again for giving me a lot of help, and a lot of fun!
Page 2 of 2