Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
*bops Wolfe on the head with a rolled up newspaper*

Q-Xpress links are back. Whether Q-Xpress works or not is a totally seperate issue and is not the point of this thread.

Oh...Sorry...um... And I never use smileys!

Honor, Loyalty, and Sacrifice
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#27 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 1:12 PM
That's ok

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#28 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 5:09 PM
Hiya Delphy,
I'm sure i heard earlier this year that you weren't going to continue with this site for The Sims 3 threads, does this mean that when it comes out in 2009 the whole site will close down?

BT
\
/
\
_
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bennyboy2104
Hiya Delphy,
I'm sure i heard earlier this year that you weren't going to continue with this site for The Sims 3 threads, does this mean that when it comes out in 2009 the whole site will close down?

You can find out about that in this thread:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=262191
Test Subject
#30 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 8:58 PM
Help!
When I try to download things it says I'm not logged in. I look up top of the page, and it says I'm logged in. I click my username, and it says i'm OFFLINE. I enter my password (I checked a few million times that it was the right one) and it still said my password or username was incorrect (I checked the username too) SOMEONE HELP ME!
Test Subject
#31 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 9:00 PM
Oh yeah, one more thing from swimgators: it let me post that message, didn't it?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#32 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 10:00 PM
The online/offline indicator is disabled. When you login, make sure to tick Remember Me as the download page says.

Lab Assistant
#33 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 11:09 PM
what Qx is gone forever, but that was so great

my dear lord, it's the ferocious black beast of Rhipsanydoridontodontodontodon, with its large black teeth that can eat 3 humans at once, mate 3 times a year, can reach an average speed of 80 miles/hour, and is 50 ft aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggghhh

P.S. if you have seen him put this in your signature
Test Subject
#34 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 1:00 AM
Default Q-Xpress
Why and the heck did you get rid of the Q-Xpress? Thats what I use to download everything. Is it coming back?

DanCorp Inc. Limited 2008
Test Subject
#35 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 1:32 AM
Downloads aren't working at all for me, I keep getting a 404 page.
Test Subject
#36 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 2:53 AM
I'm totally bummed that QX is disabled. It was a big reason this place was my fave. Welp, guess I'll have to resort to TSR *ducks*
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 3:04 AM
Wait, who said it was disabled forever? And is it realy that hard to download things normaly? I mean it's not that difficult...

Honor, Loyalty, and Sacrifice
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wolfe075
Wait, who said it was disabled forever? And is it realy that hard to download things normaly? I mean it's not that difficult...

Well according to Delphy's update for April 23
"Removed all QX links from the site. This is now unsupported permenantly."
So that means permanently, sighs....

I guess we will just have to start downloading stuff individually from now on,
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 3:43 AM
Ok just read somewhere else, where q-xpress is down for good, too bad, however there is a program for firefox users called download them all, it works wonderful
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 5:54 AM
Never could get Q-Express to work anyway. I will have to look into the firefox thing.

Thank you Delphy for your hard work to make this the best Sims site on the net. I appreciate your work very much, this site and it's contributers makes the game so much better.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 7:07 AM
mizmudgie you will love firefox
Test Subject
#42 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 2:06 PM
why does Q-Xpress disabled?
Mad Poster
#43 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 9:35 PM
So QX is gone now? I don't see the links, so that must be right. By "permanently unsupported" I take it you mean, QX still works, but we have to manually add the files to the queue? I never used it anyway. so it doesn't affect me besides the fact people would complain to me about how the QX links to my d/l's weren't working. :/

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Wiki Wizard
#44 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 10:11 PM
Thanks for this

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#45 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 10:46 PM
gates27, read the announcement.

rapsheba, correct. the local install is still usable, but the automatic download + install is not available here anymore.

Lab Assistant
#46 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 5:39 PM
I just wanted to say thank you for Delphy for all your hard work on this website. I run some smaller (MUCH smaller) websites, and those stress me out...I can't even imagine how hard this site is to run - but you've done a fabulous job. Being able to use custom content is the main thing that has kept me playing sims for so long. If it was only Maxis crap I would have chucked it years ago, lol. I am sad to see QXpress go, as I never had any problems with it and it made my life lovely, and it has made me lazy! lol. I'll look into the firefox thing. Does anyone know what it's called, or offer a link where I can find it? Thanks! And thanks again Delphy!
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 5:39 PM
I just wanted to say thank you for Delphy for all your hard work on this website. I run some smaller (MUCH smaller) websites, and those stress me out...I can't even imagine how hard this site is to run - but you've done a fabulous job. Being able to use custom content is the main thing that has kept me playing sims for so long. If it was only Maxis crap I would have chucked it years ago, lol. I am sad to see QXpress go, as I never had any problems with it and it made my life lovely, and it has made me lazy! lol. I'll look into the firefox thing. Does anyone know what it's called, or offer a link where I can find it? Thanks! And thanks again Delphy! We love you!!!
Test Subject
#48 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 1:11 AM
I like the updated update, Delphy! I am a little disappointed with the drop of QXpress, it installed fast and easily for me.
Test Subject
#49 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 3:49 PM
I must be one of the few people who never used QXpress since it didn't let me install the files where I wanted them.

Anyway, thank you for the updated updates!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 4:05 PM
oh god.... I have like 50 files in my qx que....>_< Down them all has never worked for me on this site.

:)
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: No more complaints
Page 2 of 4