Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Bates Motel (BV version)

by Numenor Posted 30th May 2008 at 7:29 PM - Updated 1st Oct 2008 at 8:14 PM by Numenor : Minor text adjustments

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 30th May 2008 at 11:45 PM
Wow! Thats awesome, cool update!

I love the Bates Motel, so this is really cool! Great job as always Numenor! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 31st May 2008 at 12:05 AM
Nice lot.
Instructor
#4 Old 31st May 2008 at 6:01 AM
This is great, thanks so much. Awesome job.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 31st May 2008 at 8:23 AM
I love it! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 31st May 2008 at 8:48 AM
This is Fabulous...my sims are so anxious to try to sleep there!! lol...thanks very much!

DidaDragonfly

~DidaDragonfly~
Alchemist
#7 Old 31st May 2008 at 9:02 AM
Very pittoresque and not to luxurious, Thanks for adding some color!
A charming lodging, thanks,
Instructor
#8 Old 31st May 2008 at 9:37 AM Last edited by d4nny : 31st May 2008 at 10:41 AM.
this is great
just the bed colour in the picture the colour does not look right in that room i think you should change it, it annoys me when nobody thinks/bothers changing it because thast the colour that almaticly comes up

also when u take your screen shots in bird eye view i notice alot of people do the same leave the grids there i think it inproves the pictures if you then click the ... button (where you can save and exit the game) and take the picture after clicking the ... in birds eye view because its removes those evil grids
Wiki Wizard
#9 Old 31st May 2008 at 9:54 AM
I love this the roof is amazing with the tiles, the boolpropping must have taken you ages! Also how did you get that window on there?

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 31st May 2008 at 1:20 PM
i like the atmosphere the hotel creates, very eery, awesome job !

Head Of Staff @ LivingSims Magazine

Interested In Working At LivingSims ? Then Check This Out

Check Out My Sims 3 Houses @SimsArtGallery
Scholar
#11 Old 31st May 2008 at 2:59 PM
It will be a very special destination to visit. Molte grazie Numenor (a lot of thanks) !!!

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Forum Resident
#12 Old 31st May 2008 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deluxe Designs
I love this the roof is amazing with the tiles, the boolpropping must have taken you ages! Also how did you get that window on there?

I think it's a moveobjects on + boolprop snapobjectstogrid false
loooool!!!
Test Subject
#13 Old 31st May 2008 at 10:18 PM
This is awesome! I can't wait to have my sims stay here on vacation!

I have friends, oh, but not today...cause they done washed away... they done washed away.
I got troubles Lord, but not today... cause they're gonna wash away...this ol' bottle gonna take them away...
(from "Wash Away" by Joe Purdy)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 11:48 AM
Thank you all for the good feedback I ideally share your compliments with the entire Mod Squad, of course! -

Didadragonfly - We meet again Nice to see you here at MTS2!

D4nny - You might find it difficult to believe, but I purposely chose that "default" colour for the beddings I wanted them to be as... saddening as possible, and that recolour is definitely saddening!
As for the bird's eye pictures, the button to swich to top-down view is only available in build mode (therefore, with the grid lines visible); I had a camera hack that allowed me to simulate the top-down view using the 1st person camera (usable even in "..." mode), but it doesn't work any more with SSN and up.

Mihura - Prego (you're welcome) !!!

Lauralaima - You guessed right BTW, that window, if the user looks at it carefully, is clearly detached from the roof But there is no way to actually attach a window to a roof like that The original Retroville version had that window placed even further from the roof, I've moved it as near as possible.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Instructor
#15 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 11:23 PM
Great house!

My DEVIANTART profile
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 10:31 AM
Great job but u forgot something there You have no kitchen no food no snacks there , Our sims will be very hungry hehehe :D
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 12:52 AM
Why, can't they call the room service? Not all the lodgings have a restaurant (very few have it, afaik...). I know, not all the rooms have a dining table, but usually you go to vacation in small groups...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 5:22 AM
Great job! Looks just like it. Thanks for sharing
Theorist
#19 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 8:29 PM
*Mouth Hangs Open Like a Fish*

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Test Subject
#20 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 11:54 PM
Thanks, I really like it. Freakin' great job!

Dethklok's Bass Player.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 1:59 PM
omg... Num, how sinister All Retroville's stuff is so original, and this can only be the same. thank you for sharing ciao, Ali
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 7:00 AM
hehehehehehehehehehehe............. Bates Motel........................ evilness.............. hehe.......... ok im not evil, but great job! i compared it 2 the real one, and its awesome!

HEY PPL!!!!!!!!!! I CHANGED MY ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!! if you need to pm me plz do so at this link:
http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=2190788
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 6:36 PM
Did a great job Numenor. Thanks fo sharring.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 9th Dec 2008 at 5:04 PM
I'm having goosebumps just from the thrill of having my sims staying at the motel... *shudder*

Thanks! You'd make Alfred proud!

"Life is a tightrope walker who eventually has to fall.
Life is a racer rife with anger and time is a wall."

-Martin Clement, in "The Swirls of Time"
Test Subject
#25 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 9:32 PM
lol luv it!!! i saw the actual building at Universal Sudios in HW... it was kool
Page 1 of 2