Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Auto Mechanics Career

by charleeheart Posted 27th Sep 2008 at 9:43 AM - Updated 30th Jan 2009 at 2:54 PM by charleeheart

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 9:57 AM
Hey auto mechanics has always been my dream job but since I followed a completely different career path, at least now my sims can follow this path. And they definitely will Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 12:06 PM
Nice! This will be a gem for all my tinkering sims, thanks.

"I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward."
-Thomas Edison
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 1:53 PM
Thank you so much, I've been wanting a career like this for a while!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 6:17 PM
cool idea, thanks!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 4:21 AM
This is well-written and provides a much-needed balance to all those desk jobs.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Instructor
#7 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 4:25 AM
I had to laugh at some of the chance cards. They sound so much like personal experiences! Wonder what your family really would do it some of the circumstances. Thanks a lot for all your hard work. I will love it.
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 11:03 AM
this is great, does it go in downloads folder or somewhere else please.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chrysolite
this is great, does it go in downloads folder or somewhere else please.

It should work fine just in your Downloads folder.

| Bookworm | Family-Oriented | Good | Hopeless Romantic | Loner |
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 9:38 PM
I love this job so much, its awesome! Only one small bug I found so far, I pick the wrong thing for the Garage Manager chance card and instead of Taking off $500, it took all the money my sim had xD Just so ya know.
Banned
#11 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 11:24 PM
Thats pretty cool!
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 11:08 PM
Thank you, this is a really great career! Very well-written; a lot of the descriptions remind me of something Maxis would have. I'll be using this for sure.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alizatina
I love this job so much, its awesome! Only one small bug I found so far, I pick the wrong thing for the Garage Manager chance card and instead of Taking off $500, it took all the money my sim had xD Just so ya know.

Hmmm.... I've checked and re-checked, and verified that the chance card is programmed to only take $500. If your Sim had less than $500 in his or her family funds, the game may take all the money, but otherwise I'm not sure what happened. I can't seem to duplicate it in my game.

Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 9:50 PM
career shows up but i get the usual dutch text from the science career track,anything i did wrong? got all EP's up too and incl. AL
how do i fix this?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jeffero
career shows up but i get the usual dutch text from the science career track,anything i did wrong? got all EP's up too and incl. AL
how do i fix this?

Not sure what could be happening; I made sure to set the language to default when I created this career so that it would show up in the default language of whatever game version the user was playing. You might want to try removing all CC except this career, just to see if there might be some sort of a conflict with something else you might have.

Otherwise, if you'd like to send me your e-mail address in a private message, I'll try to set the default language again and send you an updated file.

Test Subject
#16 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 9:54 PM
Do I need to download this car from exchange to have this as a career reward?
Test Subject
#17 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 1:47 PM
I am new to this site and Sims for that matter...my husband is a High School Automotive shop teacher and I was helping him find some online resources and this web page came up in my search. I am very eager to view this game, but have no clue how to. Can ayone please help and if anyone has any other references to automotive learning tools that would be awesome! thanks so much! I do not own anything Sims realted. Will I be required to purchase something in order to view this one? Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 11:00 AM
i dont mean to sound displeased, this career track is great and thanks for making it, but perhaps if you get the time could you minimise the days of work in the later stages like all the other careers? And also, maybe lower the hours in the later stages as well?
Thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kdonald
I am new to this site and Sims for that matter...my husband is a High School Automotive shop teacher and I was helping him find some online resources and this web page came up in my search. I am very eager to view this game, but have no clue how to. Can ayone please help and if anyone has any other references to automotive learning tools that would be awesome! thanks so much! I do not own anything Sims realted. Will I be required to purchase something in order to view this one? Thanks again!

This is a career path created for use in-game with TheSims2. In order to use it, you'll need to purchase at least the base game for TheSims2, which is available at many retail outlets such as Wal*Mart and Game Stop.

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lexi.
i dont mean to sound displeased, this career track is great and thanks for making it, but perhaps if you get the time could you minimise the days of work in the later stages like all the other careers? And also, maybe lower the hours in the later stages as well?
Thanks

Just an opposing opinion... Not meant to be argumentative. Just one opinion among many! I think the fact that the career only requires five hours per day from the very beginning kind of makes up for the fact that the hours stay the same all the way through. And the fact that it is family friendly is so awesome that I don't mind the M-F work schedule. Of course, if the creator is kind enough to adjust it for those who don't agree, more power to ya! Myself, I'll download this version!

Oh! I almost forgot. Does the career reward require the driveway/garage thingie from the Exchange even if you have Nightlife? If so, and I opted not to download that, would the career work OK except for the career reward?

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mollipopster

Oh! I almost forgot. Does the career reward require the driveway/garage thingie from the Exchange even if you have Nightlife? If so, and I opted not to download that, would the career work OK except for the career reward?

Thanks!

If you have Nightlife, no, you do not need the driveway and garage from the Exchange.

Test Subject
#22 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 6:30 PM
Aww I've downloaded this twice now and it keeps coming up as a damaged file. I suppose it may just be my slow dial-up connection.
Instructor
#23 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 7:25 AM
I'm wondering if this requires the rat rod (or whatever the name of that souped up hotrod pickup truck) that came w/the pre order of NL. If so, then I'm out of luck along w/others who didn't preorder NL.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sonshine
I'm wondering if this requires the rat rod (or whatever the name of that souped up hotrod pickup truck) that came w/the pre order of NL. If so, then I'm out of luck along w/others who didn't preorder NL.

The Rat Rod I cloned is the one available for free download on the Exchange at TheSims2.com. You do not need any pre-order bonus item for the career reward to work in your game.

Instructor
#25 Old 2nd May 2009 at 1:31 AM
Ok, Thanks Charleeheart! Here's hoping that it works w/M&G.
Page 1 of 2