Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lunatech 'Lighten Up' Ceiling Light Fix

by Menaceman44 Posted 20th Jan 2009 at 9:20 PM - Updated 18th May 2009 at 9:59 AM by Menaceman44

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 42 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 9:22 PM
It's got anti-gravity technology! Or Maxis was sloppy. You decide.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Forum Resident
#3 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 9:49 PM
I've always hated how low those lights hung, so this is wonderful and I'd get it even if I didn't have AL. Grazi!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 9:59 PM
I've always hated that, but was too lazy to fix it myself. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 10:42 PM
Yes! It's like you read my mind while I was in game... I hated how low they were, and I <3 you for making these.

kekeke..
I clicked on the link and I thought to myself "could it be?" and then I was like "YESS!"
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 11:14 PM
thank you so much, i always wondered what could be done for this light, specially since we have ceilings now
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 12:01 AM
Wow, I never noticed that (havn't been using those particular lights much since installing AL I guess) until I saw your screen shot, but wow. Thanks so much for the fix!
Instructor
#8 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 1:07 AM
Menaceman44, did you modify the lamp's CRES or the GMDC for this mod? Thanks.

Melissa
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 1:46 AM
Holy crap! That's what those lights are supposed to be? I never realized they were "in-ceiling" lights, I just thought they were ugly gray lighting fixtures that hung from the ceiling o.O thank you!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 2:20 AM
Good, I use these lamps the most cause they're small and understated. Thanks for fixing another Maixi faux pas!! :D
Instructor
#11 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 4:09 AM
Sweet! Thanks for this fix.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 4:20 AM
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. I stopped using that light because I hated the fact it was just floating, and that got on my nerves. So thanks a lot. =]
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 5:12 AM
Thanks a bunch!!!!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#14 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 5:56 AM
I peeked at the file and it contains the GMDC, so the fix is not via the CRES.

Havelock at Maty made a mod back in October that fixed the height via the CRES. It comes in at just 4kb.
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 1:39 PM
But in my opinion this light is better because of the way its modded, it will replace all existing lights in the nhood to the right height, while with havelock's light you have to buy and replace every lunatech for the fix
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#16 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 5:17 PM
True hagfish. Depends on whether you want to repurchase lights. Personally I find it redundant to add an additional mesh into the game to replace an existing one when the only thing being changed is the height. All personal preference I suppose. One would think a credit to Havelock would have been decent and fair.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 5:48 PM
Mellisenda, this contains a modified GMDC as found out by later posters.

HugeLunatic, I was aware of Havelocks version at MATY and it was in fact his file that prompted me to make this one by altering the GMDC instead. There was no way I was going to try hunting them all down on every lot to replace them.
I would have happily credited Havelock had I been able to remember it was him at the time of making this post. I did attempt to access MATY to find out but for about a week now, MATY loads very slowly and mostly not at all for me.
I am now about to edit the main post giving credit to Havelock. I was in no way trying to be deceptive.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#18 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 5:51 PM
That's great. I asked because replacing existing lamps is a pita. Thanks!

Melissa
Test Subject
#19 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 6:30 PM
But, the lamp is now eaten by the ceiling...
Scholar
#20 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sulphur
But, the lamp is now eaten by the ceiling...

this is how the lamp is -supposed- to look
i like this...and it alters pre-existing lights? now i need to find Haveloks file and replace it with this...:P
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 6:37 AM
I just now figured out that those are supposed to be recessed lights!

lol, I never used those because they were always so ugly just hanging there and looking strange. Now they totally make sense =)

Procrastinators unite! ...tomorrow...
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by niki02girl
I just now figured out that those are supposed to be recessed lights!

lol, I never used those because they were always so ugly just hanging there and looking strange. Now they totally make sense =)

Woot!!! I thought the same thing - fugly lights. And I didn't know Havelock made the original fix. Both are good ideas. I will use this one since I don't have the original. Thanks for the fix.
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 2:39 AM
Thank you so much for fixing this! I don't even have AL yet, and I still downloaded it because this has bothered me since the base game. It wasn't because how it looked in a ceiling (obviously), but it hung too low in relation to other objects in the room to really be a recessed light. I do use it a lot for more modern houses. Thanks a bunch!
Forum Resident
#24 Old 12th Feb 2009 at 2:02 AM
I've always hated how they float in the air! lol THANK YOU for this - I'm downloading it!! :D

Remember, being paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not after you.
Test Subject
#25 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 12:38 AM
OMG! Just what I needed! I realized that the original was not even touching the ceiling... so this is a really great fix! Thank you! thank you! thank you!
Page 1 of 3