Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#26 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 2:43 PM
I played through the entire ME series twice. Once with a FemShep who was a shining example of awesomeness, and the second time with a ManShep who excelled in incompetence.
FemShep got everyone safely through the suicide mission in ME2. ManShep was a bumbling idiot who managed to get everybody killed. There were sure a lot of caskets!

Resident wet blanket.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 8:51 PM
Also, I don' t get why so many people hate Liara. I haven' t romanced her( I like guys, not girls. Yes, I know asari are mono - gendered, but still they look a lot like females. However, her personality and abilities really remind me of the character I used to have a crush on. If there was a male equivalent of her, I' d romance him right away) , but I found her very nice. And I thought she can be quite useful in combat if you give her a Medical Interface.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#28 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 11:15 PM
There are haters for all the characters knocking around the Interwebz - even Garrus.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#29 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
There are haters for all the characters knocking around the Interwebz - even Garrus.
Impossible. I refuse to accept this.
I get -why- people would dislike Liara, but I personally like her quite a bit. I think the only character I really disliked was Ashley. I...get where they were trying to go with her personality but it just felt overdone and downright annoying. Maybe she gets more tolerable in the third game? (I don't know, she never survives past the first in any of my playthroughs)

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#30 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 2:50 PM
Hard to believe, I know, but it's true. I have no idea why people dislike Garrus. I mean, why?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 3:18 PM
I don' t think anyone knows except for the haters.
And now... I go shopping on the Citadel, and then to Virmire. Goodbye, my friend, whoever you are( because I' m going to create 2 saves) .
Also, is the planet Kahje in any of the games? I' d like to see what the Hanar homeworld is like. Hanar are hilarious.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 8:55 AM
All right, yesterday I completed Virmire. Casualties: Ashley( because biotics are more useful) , but I' ve got all the Virmire save history( I did each save on a different slot, unlike any other planet, where I save anything on a single slot) , so I can get back and alter the events any time. Also, I kept Wrex and Kirrahe alive
Also, am I the only one who managed to slay a Tresher Maw on foot?
Field Researcher
#33 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 5:13 PM
Completed the first game today. The finale was epic. Now, Anderson is the councillor( screw Udina, that political douchebag) , Rachni Queen is alive and kicking, so are the Council, Kirrahe and Wrex. Unfortunately, I had to sacrafice Ash in on Virmire, but ironically, Kaidan and Liara, one of the two romance options for a female, ended up my BFFs. Only too bad I couldn' t max out my Lift skill, because from what I saw, Thane Krios is going to outbadass me( unless what' I' ve seen about him is a cutscene power to max moment) . And now I have to clean up some space for the new game.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#34 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KindGenius
Also, is the planet Kahje in any of the games? I' d like to see what the Hanar homeworld is like. Hanar are hilarious.

Nope sorry - though when you talk to Thane you will wish so even more. And it's true dat - Hanar are hilarious and get more so.
Also, am I the only one who managed to slay a Tresher Maw on foot?

Nope - there used to be a boast thread on BSN for that I'm afraid (a thread I posted on too (with pictures)). You get more points on foot. Anyway, the thresher maws have still a way to go, story-wise (shan't spoiler for you, just watch out for the moment when your heart sinks).
Completed the first game today. The finale was epic.

Isn't it?
And now I have to clean up some space for the new game.

And have fun with the second game - because it is fun. I'm just on a replay with ME2, just got .... **** back and recruited *****. Going on next to get **** and **** and then meet up with ****. (no spoilers see)

Field Researcher
#35 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 5:45 PM
Nope sorry - though when you talk to Thane you will wish so even more. And it's true dat - Hanar are hilarious and get more so.

That' s too bad. I really wanted to see it. Besides, I heard it' s 90% covered with water, and I like worlds full of water( especially if it rains there as well) . Also, I heard that hanar saved the drell by evacuating some of them to their world.

Nope - there used to be a boast thread on BSN for that I'm afraid (a thread I posted on too (with pictures)). You get more points on foot. Anyway, the thresher maws have still a way to go, story-wise (shan't spoiler for you, just watch out for the moment when your heart sinks).

What is BSN? Also, too bad I couldn' t take a screenshot. I was too focused on killing it. And now that I heard Tresher Maw are also in ME2, I' m going to tru the same there( yep, I' m a kamikaze XD ) .

And have fun with the second game - because it is fun. I'm just on a replay with ME2, just got .... **** back and recruited *****. Going on next to get **** and **** and then meet up with ****. (no spoilers see)

Also, I can finally to fix the Cheek Gaunt value( I messed it up when creating my Shepard in ME1) , so she now she can stop looking 10 years older than she really is.
And still, I don' t understand what was so M about this game. There was some swearing and violence, but nothing an average teen haven' t seen on TV.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#36 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 9:39 PM
BSN - Bioware Social Network - you know the official forums for the games.

No, I don't know what all the M for mature stuff was about either. ME2 is more coy in its approach to sex (though ME3 is more adult). The violence remains about the same.

Also, I can finally to fix the Cheek Gaunt value( I messed it up when creating my Shepard in ME1) , so she now she can stop looking 10 years older than she really is.

I hate to tell you this now but you could have fixed that before. There's a fan-made editor available.

Field Researcher
#37 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 11:03 AM
Really? I only found an editor for ME2, no editors for ME1. Can you give me a link?
Field Researcher
#38 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 3:57 PM
All right! Now I have ME2. Too bad my earphones are broken and now I hear everything only on one ear.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 10:16 AM Last edited by KindGenius : 28th Aug 2013 at 4:42 PM.
It' s surprising, but I didn' t have to change my Shepard' s appearance because I liked her looks in ME2. I guess it' s because the textures are more detailized, and the graphics have improved.
Theorist
#40 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 3:15 PM
I'd edit your post if I were you. I'm not judging, just saying... See point #3. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=289713

Resident wet blanket.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 4:41 PM
Damn it...
Alchemist
#42 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 5:07 PM
Also, I don' t get why so many people hate Liara. I haven' t romanced her( I like guys, not girls. Yes, I know asari are mono - gendered, but still they look a lot like females. However, her personality and abilities really remind me of the character I used to have a crush on. If there was a male equivalent of her, I' d romance him right away) , but I found her very nice. And I thought she can be quite useful in combat if you give her a Medical Interface.

I don't actually hate her but she annoyes the living daylights out of me - hugely so in ME3. The biggest reason for Liara negativity comes from the fact that - especially in ME3 - she was forced on you a lot. Also she got the longest and maybe the best romance scene, as well. It is clearly obvious, that she is BioWare's pet character.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
I don't actually hate her but she annoyes the living daylights out of me - hugely so in ME3. The biggest reason for Liara negativity comes from the fact that - especially in ME3 - she was forced on you a lot. Also she got the longest and maybe the best romance scene, as well. It is clearly obvious, that she is BioWare's pet character.

I don' t see it as a reason for hate.
Alchemist
#44 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 6:23 PM
I don' t see it as a reason for hate.

Like I said, I don't hate her. Same goes for many in the BSN. It's not that black and white. She just annoyes them. The word "hate" have been generalized by players who are Liara's fans, at least in BSN. In the style "If you don't like her, you're a hater" and I disaprove that. Liara was actually very nice in ME1 but then she changed a bit. Not gonna say more than that, though, so not to spoil anything.

Trust me, if you're ever going to join the BSN discussion forums, then you should develope a very thick skin. Things get's nasty sometimes.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 8:21 PM
Well, I already played LotSB today( finally managed to crack the DLCs) . I saw the way she changed. Also, I wish she had a crush on that Feron guy, that way she could' ve forgotten my femShep.
Also, the final moments of playing this DLC turned out not so well. When I was on the Shadow Broker ship, I talked to her, and said she might come to the Normandy someday. I think she saw a romatic context in this. Now I have two options: 1) Get myself another LI, so Shepard will already be in a relationship, which I don' t want. 2) Never return to the Shadow Broker base once again, which is a tactical disadvantage. Damn it, I fail in socializing heavily...
Also, what' s your opinion on Kai Lame, cough cough, Kai Leng? I haven' t seen him, and from what I heard of ME3 plot and endings, I question if I should play ME3 at all. But from what I heard of him, he' s reallly the word I mentioned before coughing IMO.
Alchemist
#46 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 9:12 PM Last edited by varpunen : 29th Aug 2013 at 11:26 PM.
Well, I already played LotSB today( finally managed to crack the DLCs) . I saw the way she changed. Also, I wish she had a crush on that Feron guy, that way she could' ve forgotten my femShep.
Also, the final moments of playing this DLC turned out not so well. When I was on the Shadow Broker ship, I talked to her, and said she might come to the Normandy someday. I think she saw a romatic context in this. Now I have two options: 1) Get myself another LI, so Shepard will already be in a relationship, which I don' t want. 2) Never return to the Shadow Broker base once again, which is a tactical disadvantage. Damn it, I fail in socializing heavily...
Also, what' s your opinion on Kai Lame, cough cough, Kai Leng? I haven' t seen him, and from what I heard of ME3 plot and endings, I question if I should play ME3 at all. But from what I heard of him, he' s reallly the word I mentioned before coughing IMO.

Liara wasn't that bad in ME2. I wish I could say the same about ME3... not the whole game but there were moments when I just wanted to rip my hair off.

About Kai Leng... He is the second worst thing that BioWare could've done, along with the endings. He doesn't fit in the game style and feels like he was ripped out of some Japanese manga. His character is stupid, childish and just makes you want to feed him to Thresher Maw as fast as possible. There's also a one major thing to him that makes almost everyone hate his guts but... darn, that would be a major spoiler and you probably don't wan't to know. Or do you?

Then ME3 itself... If you ever decide to play it, do not do it without at least the Extended Cut DLC (the ending still sucks) and the Citadel DLC (best one of all and most use it for a game ending now. They play the game and then go back to earlier save and play the DLC as a proper ending). There are also the MEHEM mod, which is a fan made "Mass Effect 3 Happy Ending Mod". It totally replaces the game ending and is what the original should've been. Also, if I understood right, you like to have the "Leave no-one behind" mentality. Well, in ME3 you can kiss that one goodbye. The game also has it's disappointments and partly feels very rushed and lacking (most believe it's due to the involvement of EA + the multiplayer part). The multiplayer is amazing, though, but they should've concentrated more to game itself, as well. Some do love ME3 "as is" and see nothing wrong with it. That's one of the reasons for the nasty outbreaks back at the BSN.

Don't get me wrong, ME3 is an awesome game - I wouldn't be making music videos otherwise - and has some great moments and missions but what is required beforehand are lots and lots of tissue paper (and maybe antidrepressants ).

Oh, and do go back to Shadow Broker Ship. You'll find some handy stuff there. You could also go a head and invite Liara to the Normandy. I'm sure they should be a way to turn her down if it goes to that direction... maybe. Or load an earlier save. The Yagh was quite easy to take down.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#47 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 9:40 AM
I think ME3 is about 85% epic and 15% oh crap. The ending(s) is the worst but I would recommend MEHEM as a way of dealing with it. There is tragedy in the rest of the game but I would argue that most of it is well-done indeed (though tissues are a must). Hey, it's war, what do you expect? I actually sobbed on three distinct occasions (and gulped on a few more) - but it was all good, really good story-telling and nothing like the WTF of the ending. Won't say what, so as not to spoiler, but the resolution of some of the main story threads were excellent.

Field Researcher
#48 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 11:41 AM
I already know that spoiler. He killed Miranda, Thane and Kirrahe. And the worst is that there is a little the player can do about it.
Well, what I liked about ME series is that you have a choice that affects the consequances. And yes, I have a " No one left behind" mentality. Yes, this is war, and people die, and your pals might be among them. But in ME1 and ME2 at least with a proper strategy you can save them. At least when I sacraficed Ashley, I had at least some choice. And remember the mission with Kirrahe on Virmire? It was a rather easy thing to get him killed, but there still was a chance to save him. But for me having no choice and following a plot which is completely settled puts ME3 in the same line as an average shooter( especially if you count the endings). Currently I' m thinking if I should play it or not.
Also, why is everyone thinking my Shep has a crush on Kaidan? First Liara in ME1, now Kelly Chambers thinks the same! But what I had with him was no further than a friendly talk! What are they thinking?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#49 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 1:26 PM
I wasn't actually talking about Kai Leng and he, for certain, only contributes to Thane's death (he's dying anyway). The plot isn't quite as railroaded as you seem to be getting, presumably from reading stuff on t'interweb. Major plot threads get resolved in ME3 and do depend on what you did in the first two games (e.g. keeping Miranda alive) - and are done well for the most part - it's just the ending which is crap and there is a reasonable player-made mod for that, plus Citadel.

Field Researcher
#50 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 2:57 PM
Well, I was actually talking of Kai Leng as a character, not hoe he effects Thane' s fate.

I' ll think about it. But I' m still thinking, it' s not solved yet.

Also, it seems like Garrus avoids talking with me. It already sounds like a joke:
*Shepard walks into the Battery Core*
Shep: Do you have a minute to talk?
Garrus: Not right now. I' m in the middle of some calibrations.
Shep: All right. * walks away*
* Some time later. Shepard has returned from Horizon and walks in again*
* Some time later. Shepard has already recruited Thane and walks in once again*
* Some time later. Shepard has just returned from the Shadow Broker base"
Shep: FFFUUUUUUUUUUU * walks away with an angry face*

Seriously, what does Garrus have against me?

Page 2 of 13