Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Outdoor Lighting Tweaks v2.2

by dDefinder Posted 30th Aug 2009 at 10:31 AM - Updated 18th Nov 2012 at 3:37 PM by dDefinder : UPDATE 21

271 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 176 Feedback Posts, 94 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 11
Field Researcher
#2 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 10:49 AM
Really interesting mod, looking forward to seeing it work in game. Can you use the shadow file with one of the others. Noob question I know just want to be sure I’m doing it right.
Test Subject
#3 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 11:17 AM
Awesome, thanks! looks great!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 1:15 PM
Thanks. I love the longer shadows, but the night doesn't really look like night. Where I am it's pitch dark unless it's a full moon.
Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 1:15 PM
I downloaded this elsewhere, but I'll thank you here. The 'sim nights' look more realistic and much nicer now.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 1:19 PM
Looks nice! )) Thank you

cactusimotion
Scholar
#7 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 2:11 PM
Thank you. This blue tint was very annoying.

And I'm happy that this doesn't need to overwrite ini files
Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 3:02 PM
Superb!!! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 4:08 PM
Awesome! I can't wait to see it in game. Thanks for sharing
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 4:09 PM
You are a god! I've hated that blue light since FOREVA!! I'm pleased I'm not the only one! A gazillion thank u's for this!! :D
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 4:37 PM
This is wicked!! thanks for the realism!!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 5:03 PM
I'm so HAPPY with this I HAD to post again!
I've just been into my game and YAAAAAAY!!! no more psychedelic blindingly neon purple/blue WALL EDGES at night when the walls are down either! And the white fencing and stuff on the outside actually LOOKS white now and not icky PURPLE!
You have NO idea how much this has annoyed me since the first day I got the game! Thank you again and again for this! It's is by FAR my most favourite download of all time and I won't EVER be able to play without it ever again! Looks AWESOME in the game!
The shadows I'm fine with but that creepy blue light was a real pain in the behind and in my eyes!
Instructor
#13 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 5:22 PM
Much more realistic & attractive.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 6:58 PM
tested this in game and i love it, so much nicer than the default maxis one, cheers mate !

Head Of Staff @ LivingSims Magazine

Interested In Working At LivingSims ? Then Check This Out

Check Out My Sims 3 Houses @SimsArtGallery
Field Researcher
#15 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vr795
I'm so HAPPY with this I HAD to post again!
I've just been into my game and YAAAAAAY!!! no more psychedelic blindingly neon purple/blue WALL EDGES at night when the walls are down either! And the white fencing and stuff on the outside actually LOOKS white now and not icky PURPLE!
You have NO idea how much this has annoyed me since the first day I got the game! Thank you again and again for this! It's is by FAR my most favourite download of all time and I won't EVER be able to play without it ever again! Looks AWESOME in the game!
The shadows I'm fine with but that creepy blue light was a real pain in the behind and in my eyes!

You've just solved my dilemma of which one to choose. I can't wait to see this ingame.

Thanks for the mod, dDefinder! I do love those shadows and wish I could have both but I will definitely go with less blue.
Test Subject
#16 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 12:01 AM
Sorry about that question, but isn't there any way to be able to use both of them? because it's really hard to choose, both of them are fantastic! Thanks for that
Test Subject
#17 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 12:20 AM
Thanks much for this
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 2:12 AM
May you post a "Less Blue Night Brighter" image, too? Thanks for your great job!!!

Please, pay attention to my creator`s policy.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(> <)
This is Jack, the little rabbit; add him to your signature and help him to take over the world!!!
Instructor
#19 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 5:19 AM
Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AyameS
You've just solved my dilemma of which one to choose. I can't wait to see this ingame.

Thanks for the mod, dDefinder! I do love those shadows and wish I could have both but I will definitely go with less blue.

Lol! You're welcome. Seriously the no more icky blue light wins hands down for me. It was my biggest pet peeve and now thanks to this awesome pewson it is SOLVED and for that I am most grateful.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 11:00 AM
You can use both Less Blue Nights and Longer Shadows together, not both Less Blue Nights.

UPDATE:
I've updated the Longer Shadows to match better with the sun throughout the day. There was another value that I had to change to balance out the increased range of the horizon shadows.

Quote: Originally posted by vr795
Lol! You're welcome. Seriously the no more icky blue light wins hands down for me. It was my biggest pet peeve and now thanks to this awesome pewson it is SOLVED and for that I am most grateful.

I always thought the blue color inside walls was a glitch but it was a feature.

"High difficulty can lead to Phoenix Down addiction."
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 1:40 PM
A FEATURE?? You have gotto be kidding me! A feature of maddness, no doubt
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 6:09 PM
Thank you so much! This looks way more natural I love it!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 10:09 PM
I do love the natural lighting though it seems alittle too bright. Sadly I had to remove this from my game as it was causing outdoor lights to basically become useless. It did this to my community lot I built anyways.
Test Subject
#25 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 12:20 AM
Thank you for this, it seems more realistic this way. I can't wait to try it out!
Page 1 of 11